PDA

View Full Version : I forgive Neill O'Donnell!!!

brianski71
02-08-2006, 12:28 AM
THE #1 MAN ON MY SHIT LIST IS OFF THE HOOK AFTER 10 LOOOOOOOONG YEARS!!!!!!

CASTEEL
02-08-2006, 12:30 AM

:rofl:

Me too......

ONE FOR THE THUMB.....DONE!!!

klick81
02-08-2006, 12:35 AM
LOL...where is he now? Is he selling insurance somewhere? ;)

drizze99
02-08-2006, 12:36 AM
nah.. still on my shit list. We *should* have won that game. Woodson, Greene, Lloyd, Lake would have been Steeler SB champs.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-08-2006, 12:39 AM
nah...it could have been our 6th ...more than anyone else

OX1947
02-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Never, we should have been 6-0. O'donnell is a clown and choked in the big game. I feel so bad for Cowher because he outcoached Dallas so much in the second half, its sad that he had to lose it off of a dumb throw. But, thats the past, we have the lombardi trophy back home and I am happy....

ffljaguar
02-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Hell no I will never forgive him for that, I was the only steeler fan in a room full of Dallas fans for that game. I am still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from that debacle. One thing you could always say to any other fan that talked junk before that was, we never lost a super bowl. Well that was before the money chasing O' Donnel lost the big one for us. He could have least stayed another year to take us back to make up for it. :chair:

3 to be 4
02-08-2006, 05:00 AM
for me, when the Patriots finally won a Sb, all the past disappointing playoff losses became past postive playoff appearances, if you know what i mean. I could enjoy watching the tape of the SB against the Packers and appreciate the fact they were there with all the trappings (Summerall, Madden etc...). the other big games in others years i could watch without that knawing feeling that they disnt win that year. the old goats were forgiven and appreciated for things they DID do. (btw, Buckner was a big scapegoat, there were others that had a hand in losing that WS).
if i were a Steeler fan, id be more upset at O'Donnell for his attitude (im going to point fingers at a teamate.......) than for a mistake.
but hey, its all wiped clean. didnt it feel great to see your guys holding that trophy?
wait until you see the DVD of the Super Bowl. thats when you get goosebumps.
Enjoy!!

PisnNapalm
02-08-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't know if I will ever stop cursing the name Neil O'Donnell. Wait... Let me try again...

Neil.... Neil....O... Neil F*%&ing O'Donnell. Nope... I can't do it yet.

daleemnm
02-08-2006, 05:44 AM
IT made it worth the wait for this Super Bowl. :)

SalukiSteelers
02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Nope, still hate him. Can't say he'll ever be off the list. You can't lose to the Cokeboys in the SB and get any love from this Steelers fan.

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2006, 09:43 AM
The waiting part didn't really bother me. That's why when people from opposing teams (specially ones who either never won a Super Bowl or who have recently won one) state "it has been been 26 years", it never really bothered me. Hell, we won four Super Bowls in the 70's, you have to take time off (49ers, Cowboys). If teams were meant to win the Super Bowl every single year it would be pointless in watching the sport.

What did hurt was the fact that we should have beat the Cowboys. That we finally got there and Neil blew it. The fashion in which we lost hurt the most. But, it's history. All I care about is what we are doing at this point in time.

4xSBChamps
02-08-2006, 11:19 AM
..... I'm not making excuses for Neil O'Donnell's performance in SB-XXX, but he HAD been a very competent QB for the Stillers the previous few seasons:
he took them down-field late in the '94 Championship Game, only to be halted inside the 5 yard-line on the last play of the game (it wasn't HIS fault the team took the Chargers so-lightly, or gave-up 2 long TD passes, that day ), and in the '95 Championship Game, he led them to a TD with less than 2 minutes to play, BOTH TIMES passing the ball at-will on the opposition, with the game on the line.

He RARELY made poor-decisions, threw bad-passes or interceptions, which made his play that game even-more puzzling:
give the man a break, and enjoy THIS team's success!
:cheers:

BlackNGold203
02-08-2006, 11:58 AM
..... I'm not making excuses for Neil O'Donnell's performance in SB-XXX, but he HAD been a very competent QB for the Stillers the previous few seasons:
he took them down-field late in the '94 Championship Game, only to be halted inside the 5 yard-line on the last play of the game (it wasn't HIS fault the team took the Chargers so-lightly, or gave-up 2 long TD passes, that day ), and in the '95 Championship Game, he led them to a TD with less than 2 minutes to play, BOTH TIMES passing the ball at-will on the opposition, with the game on the line.

He RARELY made poor-decisions, threw bad-passes or interceptions, which made his play that game even-more puzzling:
give the man a break, and enjoy THIS team's success!
:cheers:

AMEN....Neil was a good QB....its wrong that he takes all the blame for SB XXX....yeah..he threw the picks...but they were spot throws..and on both...Hastings made the wrong move....

Theres shared blame to be dished out...but very few see that...he threw them..so he's "hated"

he will never be hated by me....

radaz52
02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
nope won't forgive....i agree lloyd, woodson, lake, greene, dawson they were all deserving of a superbowl ring!!!

pitt
02-08-2006, 01:27 PM
grrrrrrrrr He'll ALWAYS be on mine.

Stlrs4Life
02-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Not me, we would probably hoisting #6 right now if it wasn't for him.

Justin Otstott
02-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I never was mad at the guy we all make mistakes so...WE ENDED UP WINING ONE 4 THE THUMB ANYWAYS AND I AM VERY SURE WE WILL HAVE MORE!

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Not me, we could have ben the first six time winner! And Cowher could have had the monkey off his back long ago. Not to mention Greg llyodd , Dermonti Dawson, Carnell Lake, just to name a few players who deserved a ring, not to mention Woodson getting a ring as a Steeler.

3 to be 4
02-08-2006, 07:12 PM
The waiting part didn't really bother me. That's why when people from opposing teams (specially ones who either never won a Super Bowl or who have recently won one) state "it has been been 26 years", it never really bothered me. Hell, we won four Super Bowls in the 70's, you have to take time off (49ers, Cowboys). If teams were meant to win the Super Bowl every single year it would be pointless in watching the sport.

What did hurt was the fact that we should have beat the Cowboys. That we finally got there and Neil blew it. The fashion in which we lost hurt the most. But, it's history. All I care about is what we are doing at this point in time.

Yeah, the Steelers had the Cowboys totally on the ropes in SB XXX. It was like Rocky pummeling Apollo in the 15th round. And then............

i can see where that one stung.

Haiku_Dirtt
02-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Those picks weren't all his fault. And many of the 'star' players were partying too f..king hard during the days leadind up to the SBowl.

And Cowher was too damn ****y...something he didn't really grow out of until after the 2004 AFC Championship Game.

This new Steeler team begans its run last year in Miami when the hurricane forced them to bond as men rather than just players.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 08:12 PM
nah.. still on my shit list. We *should* have won that game. Woodson, Greene, Lloyd, Lake would have been Steeler SB champs.

No doubt.. all those players deserved a ring in the black n gold uniforms.. He's still on my list too !

SteelerFanInATL
02-08-2006, 08:21 PM

He was the MVP for Dallas when they won the last SB against us

shevdog
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
10 years ago, that should have been 5 and this should be 6. That Super Bowl got Cowher on my permanent good list. As for Maddox, he's somewhat reedemed. As for Neil, he's still on my bad list.

brianski71
02-08-2006, 10:03 PM
good point tommy is fine now that his costing us home field did not cost us the word title

ChuckB22
02-09-2006, 01:53 PM
LOL, I can't believe you people brought this up. What hipocrates...talking about the seahawks whining and than turn around and show your true colors. LOL
Dallas Cowboys beat you fair and square and thats final, the only reason why this thread was started because you have what you been crying about for 10 years. LOL. I knew sooner or later the talk would of came out over SB XXX. :blah: We couldve, wouldve, shouldve,:blah: "It was fishy that Neil did so well in the playoffs than screw the pooch in the SB, he must of been paid off":sofunny: Eagles and Steeler fans???? Whats wrong with Pennsylvania???? Man the egos'. LOL

Well guess I'm part of the masses and have been ignored.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-09-2006, 02:27 PM
No way,I hope he dies a cruel,horrible,painful death.

We should have had our fix for six satisfied!

At least it gave me slogans in case we win the next few Super Bowls:

Fix for Six in 2006!

Great time for Seven in 2007!

Lets get Eight in 2008!

burgh123
02-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Nope cant stop thinking about how he lost the game just makes me angry wont forget and just dont care about him however he did appear in a chicago suntimes sports article.

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Dallas Cowboys beat you fair and square and thats final

Where in this thread did somebody state that you didn't win that game fair and square? I've read where people have stated that we should have won that game and that Neil O'Donnell blew it for us, but I don't recall anybody stating that the Cowboys cheated in any form or that you won the game in an unfair manner.