PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Rookie Defensive Player of the Year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Who do you think is going to be the Rookie Defensive player of the Year? Here is a list of those that I think are most likely to make a run for it. I have included "other" for those who want to go with a sleeper pick.

Nadroj 20
05-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I went with Suh. He will be in there from the beginning and honestly i think this guy is just a freak (in a good way lol)

xXTheSteelKingsXx
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
If you look at the past seven winners (Terrell Suggs, Jonathan Vilma, Shawne Merriman, DeMeco Ryans, Patrick Willis, Jared Mayo and Brian Cushing) an obvious trend emerges. Linebackers have been getting DRoY for nearly the last decade. So I'm more inclined to go with Weatherspoon or McClain. I'll go with McClain because hw should stand out on that Raider's D.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
If you look at the past seven winners (Terrell Suggs, Jonathan Vilma, Shawne Merriman, DeMeco Ryans, Patrick Willis, Jared Mayo and Brian Cushing) an obvious trend emerges. Linebackers have been getting DRoY for nearly the last decade. So I'm more inclined to go with Weatherspoon or McClain. I'll go with McClain because hw should stand out on that Raider's D.

I thought McClain also ...But I think that Graham is the next Dwight Freeney...he could be a terror coming off the edge at Philly.

Indo
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Good question

Tough to answer---so much depends on staying healthy, how the rest of the team is doing, etc

All other things being equal, McClain or Suh

Lots of LBers in recent years (as has been pointed out)...

But I'm going with Suh

xXTheSteelKingsXx
05-10-2010, 01:07 PM
The problem I see in picking Suh is, the DRoY award normally goes to guys with crazy stats. Last year the front runners were Byrd who had nine picks and Cushing who had 145 tackles. I feel like Suh will be a game changer but short of 12-14 sacks this season I can't see he getting the award.

Psyychoward86
05-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Sergio Kindle: Pick me pick me! :chuckle:

Seriously tho, i picked Rolando.

devilsdancefloor
05-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Rolando McClain raiders Lber's sem to make alot of tackles in their D and he is a beast