PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu worried about career-threatening injury last season

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Polamalu worried about career-threatening injury last season
5/10/2010
10:22:00 AM

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu suffered more than a knee injury that knocked him out of 11 games in 2009 according to John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He also lost peace of mind as he watched his star-studded career including five Pro Bowl appearances in seven years flash before his eyes.

"Yes, it was a concern," said Polamalu, who attended the team's mandatory minicamp last weekend. "The hardest thing was if I would have injured it again, the doctor was saying that it will be a career-ending injury, most likely.

"I had to face that."

Facing the reality of suffering a torn ligament in his left knee, Polamalu reluctantly wore a brace although not all the time, as the Steelers requested.

If he didn't wear a brace last year, Polamalu was told there was a possibility his career would end prematurely.

So ...

A man's got to do what a man's got to do.

"In the past, I had to wear a brace because it was career-threatening. A career-ending injury if I would have sustained another injury," said Polamalu, explaining why he didn't play down the stretch last season despite coach Mike Tomlin leaving the door open for his return.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/6280/Polamalu-worried-about-career-threatening-injury-last-season/Default.aspx

TheWarDen86
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Sounds like he wants to play a few more years. Having heard his speech on how he doesn't really "love football" (loves life), I was always worried he'd retire early.

Godfather
05-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm not looking forward to finding out, but it will be interesting to see what he does after football.

The priesthood would be a good fit for him--and it would be great PR for the Greek Orthodox Church.

shinoff2183
05-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Id rather the the steeler players stay away from the church, atleast at this point the church has more rape cases then big ben. No disrespect to the steelers just the church.

Galax Steeler
05-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Smart choice Troy hopefully he can get back to pro bowl from again this year.