PDA

View Full Version : usa today article

steeltown
02-08-2006, 08:45 AM
there was an article about how this was one of the most boring bowls and the refs did a major screw job to seattle. even the letters to the editor section had fans throughout the country complaining about the refs. and about the head ref who has overturned the least amount of calls all year w/replay. dr. z said porter shouldnt talk about smashmouth when it was not used and when we used a trick play. or the timeout we got when the play clock clearly showed zero. and of course all of the other plays. the icing on the cake was when it was revealed the back judge is from pittsburgh (the one who called the PI on seattle). i knew this was going to happen right after the seconds ticked off sunday. oh well, i have been getting steam from all my buddies about this being a tainted title. i tell them they are envious cause their teams didnt win!:busted:

the only tainted title i can think of is the one ohio state got in the 03 champ. game. that PI flag came out ten seconds later, NOW THAT WAS BAD!!!

SteelerDan43
02-08-2006, 10:20 AM
IMO there is no such thing as a tainted title unless something illegal (ie Black Sox) happens, bad calls are part of the game. Good teams perservere, they just find a way to get it done...

Ambridge
02-08-2006, 10:38 AM
I read the editorial page in yesterdays USA Today and was more amused with the number of people complaining about the absolutely horrible rendition of the National Anthem by Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville.

83-Steelers-43
02-08-2006, 10:45 AM
I read the editorial page in yesterdays USA Today and was more amused with the number of people complaining about the absolutely horrible rendition of the National Anthem by Aretha Franklin and Aaron Neville.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

I second those people's sentiments. It was absolutely horrible in my opinion.

SteelerDan43
02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I agree, worst national anthem ever!!

luvmysteelers
02-08-2006, 11:01 AM
I am so sick of all the negativity and allegations that I see on TV, newspapers, radio, etc. It's disgusting!

harp79
02-08-2006, 11:02 AM
It was so boring that more people watched it than any other superbowl in a decade, which happens to be the last time the Steelers were in it.

AvoidLLoyd95
02-08-2006, 11:24 AM
It was so boring that more people watched it than any other superbowl in a decade, which happens to be the last time the Steelers were in it.
So boring that it was the second most watched television event in television history, ever!

steeltown
02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
yeah, that national anthem was a disgrace. and a lot of people say the stones werent too good.

SteelerDan43
02-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I think they really missed the boat with the stones, it was a perfect opportunity for some good old motown

cydnub
02-08-2006, 12:02 PM
yeah, that national anthem was a disgrace.

Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live from 2/4? Some morning show on Monday was joking that SNL did a funny skit of the three of them each doing the national anthem in their own horrible way, and then that is exactly the way it played out in reality. LOL. Well, actually kinda sad.

4xSBChamps
02-08-2006, 12:38 PM
..... there was an article about how this was one of the most boring bowls.....
How many members of 'the media' actually UNDERSTAND football enough to realize that in many instances, all of the 'boring-plays' set-up the 'big-plays' that determine the winner?

The media WANTS offensive fireworks every 4th play, and if they don't get it, they HAVE-TO write about something else:
Super Bowls IX was an EXTREMELY hard-fought, well-contested game, even with Minnesota only getting something like 17 yards on the ground, but by today's 'standards', as-defined-by 'the-media', it'd be classified as 'boring'.

The 'media' doesn't NEED 'the-game', but they MUST-HAVE 'a story'.
:wink:

Suitanim
02-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live from 2/4? Some morning show on Monday was joking that SNL did a funny skit of the three of them each doing the national anthem in their own horrible way, and then that is exactly the way it played out in reality. LOL. Well, actually kinda sad.

(Aaron Neville) "I don't need much....just some Cocoa Butter...and that may be enough"...LOL.

There's an easy solution to this for the Steelers. We'll just need to go out next year, tromp our way through the AFC Playoffs and kick the snot out of whatever team the NFC can throw our way...that'll quite the critics.

OX1947
02-08-2006, 02:05 PM
I wish they would just end the garbage already with preshow and halftime. I dont give a rats ass about a concert when Im trying to watch a football game. All I have heard is bitch bitch bitch all freakin week. And im not even talking about the refs. I heard the music sucks, the show sucked, the game sucked, the people sucked, the commerical sucked, all I ever hear about anything anymore is how things suck. TV is just turned into a pathetic forum for all morons to go bitch about every little freakin thing like that ****sucker Skip ****less