PDA

View Full Version : Brian Westbrook is scheduled to visit the Redskins on Wednesday

polamalubeast
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Brian-Westbrook-will-visit-Redskins.html

In the ongoing efforts of Bruce Allen to revive the Over The Hill Gang in Washington, the infamous team that his father George coached for the Redskins nearly four decades ago, Washington is going to kick the tires on another running back who had questionable tread remaining.

Brian Westbrook is scheduled to visit the Redskins on Wednesday, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN. The same Redskins team that already has Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson and Willie Parker. Hey, anyone have any idea what Jamal Anderson is up to these days?

Maybe it’s a visit that was put together at the request of Westbrook’s former teammate, Donovan McNabb, or maybe the Redskins just want to get a look at the free agent. Westbrook’s season was short a year ago because of two concussions, one which he suffered in a game at Washington.

If the Redskins sign Westbrook, they’ll have two more veteran running back than they need.

Psyychoward86
05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Oldest RB corp in the league

St33lersguy
05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't they already have 3 aging RBs. How many aging RBs does a team really need

AllD
05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
What looked like a good trade to pick up McNabb is starting to look pathetic in the backfield. All this tells me is that if they were secure with the veterans they just acquired, WTF would they need Westbrook even in camp? Westbrook is shot. Why not pick up Shaun Alexander and then try for Emmitt Smith too.

SteelKnight
05-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Wow. This is too many backs. At first I thought it was stupid but ten I remembered his chemistry with Mcnaab. They should keep Portis, Westbrook and Parker and just cut Johnson. If only 2, I think Portis and Westbrook would offer a good combo. Parker should have just gone to Pittsburgh-West. They could use a solid runner and Grimm would know how to use him.Townsend should go there too since they collect our cuts. lol

steelerdude15
05-12-2010, 01:39 AM
I don't think the Skins should be focusing on the run team. IMO they should be focusing on their O-line if they want some better results. Their O-line is probably the biggest factor on offense that the Skins face or maybe get another good blocking/ good catching tight end. Chris Cooley is a key factor in their play and they need him, but he can't do it all. Picking up McNabb and trading J.C. was a good idea, they upgraded well in the QB area.

Galax Steeler
05-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Oldest RB corp in the league

Agreed:rofl: with the ages of these running backs they probably need that many to get through one game.:sofunny: