PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tirico New Voice of MNF

SteelerzGirl
02-08-2006, 08:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2323121

Ambridge
02-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser calling the games??

This announcing team already sounds and smells kinda bad.
I don't believe ESPN is going to put out half the quality product on Monday Night Football the way ABC did.

mymaveric
02-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Tirico will be ok, Kornheiser has potential, but Theismann I can't stand. Of course, I'm a little biased... :busted:

nu4everfan15
02-08-2006, 10:50 AM
tirico is the best out of anyone. he is sooo prepared and loves wat he does and puts a lot of passion into his calls. theismann will put u to sleep and kornheiser will make u throw up w/ his sarcasm but tirico was a great choice.

Atlanta Dan
02-08-2006, 12:17 PM
NBC must be breathing a big sigh of relief. They had no viable Plan B for Al Michaels not jumping with Madden and were having Cris Collinsworth broadcast practice games as the announcer rather than analyst.

Tirico, Theismann & Kornheiser is an upgrade over Patrick, Theismann, McGuire but definitely the B team compared to what NBC will be presenting on Sunday nights.

Of course, since it is the games and not the presentation that makes me decide to watch, it is much ado about nothing in terms of what I will be watching next fall.

Koopa
02-08-2006, 12:32 PM
hey tony is great now i might actually watch mnf more often.......madden made me hate mnf on abc

tony hipchest
02-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Of course, since it is the games and not the presentation that makes me decide to watch, it is much ado about nothing in terms of what I will be watching next fall.
i love football. i would watch a preseason game between the cardinals and 49ers, played on tuesday night, in guatemala, being called by gilbert godfrey and rosie perez.

atrus20
02-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Kornheiser? I like PTI and all but Kornheiser? Has he ever announced a game in his life? I think Tirico is a good choice but I could never stand Theismann. Theismann is such a biased moron its not funny. I think the only time I'll watch MNF next season is when the Steelers play.

Ruck Fules
02-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Isn't MNF past Kornheisers bedtime?

syde18T
02-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Who cares, as long as we don't have to hear Al Michaels and John Madden.... :dang:

BB2W
02-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Isn't MNF past Kornheisers bedtime?
Yeah it is, but maybe since he doesn't do the radio show anymore he's become a night owl. I like him and think he is funny, but I can't see him in the booth... This kinda seems like the Dennis Miller experience to me. I don't know what he could bring to the broadcast.

3 to be 4
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
so im totally lost. Next season, NBC is doing sunday night with Michaels and Madden??

tony hipchest
02-08-2006, 07:27 PM
so im totally lost. Next season, NBC is doing sunday night with Michaels and Madden?? its not official but it looks like michaels wanted out of his abc/espn deal to go join madden. it seems like the right move for nbc to pick him up.

TexaSteeler
02-08-2006, 08:54 PM
They need to hire a Steelers fan... Rush Limbaugh.

83-Steelers-43
02-09-2006, 08:07 AM
I like Tirico for the most part, but Kornheiser and Theisman? Not sure If that is going to work. Theisman likes to talk and I think he's bad to begin with. Mix that with Kornheiser and I think you have a disaster on your hands.

Well, I always have the 'mute' option on the TV for this upcoming season.

silver & black
02-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I can deal with Tirico, and I can take or leave Kornheiser... but I can't stand Theisman! He is the most arrogant, egotistical, full of himself a$$hole, I have ever had the displearsure to hear announce a game! MNF just went down a notch.