PDA

View Full Version : Is Ed Bouchette a complete fool ?

Hooterdawg
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I cannot believe that Ed Bouchette changed his vote from Jairus Byrd to Brian Cushing for DROY. Apparently he feels cheaters should be rewarded more than clean players. He claims he did so because he didn't agree with a revote. Well, doofus, if you don't agree with the process, you abstain from it. The whole purpose of the AP revoting was to give voters the opportunity to reevaluate their vote based upon new information that was known but not revealed by the NFL when the first vote was taken. 18 voters got up on their soapbox and decided to embarrass the AP and the NFL by voting for a suspended player instead of a clean player. This had nothing to do with establishing a bad precedent; the NFL is ta\king a harder line on cheaters NOW than it did when Merriman and Peppers were rewarded. That is called PROGRESS. Maybe its time for old foggies like Bouchette to lose their AP vote if they are too stubborn to realize which way the wind is blowing in the modern NFL.

Sharkissle29
05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
he's a douche, u ever read his chat transcripts?

Nadroj 20
05-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I dont see how this guy can still get enough votes to win this award. He cheated. Whether it was techinally riods or not he did take something that was illegal to take and he won an award while on the stuff. He shouldnt have been on the ballot the 2nd time.

Strip him of the award and give it to someone who was on the same playing field as everyone else. This really angers me :mad:

Sharkissle29
05-12-2010, 07:55 PM
at the end of the day, its just an award....

now that he got caught, im pretty sure it means he is susceptible to random drug testing.

Lets see you play football without the help of steroids. I'm sure you guys saw the 2 pics of him before and after, while he was juicing at USC. Without the roids, he has the body type of a DB...LOL. That wont fly in the NFL....

stillers4me
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
It was a vote against the re-vote. The whole is stupid. Just strip him of the title and give it to the second place winner. Tgat's what the votes FOR Cushing was about.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't have a problem with him winning the award under the re-vote.

I do like the fact that the AP is taking the NFL's stance on the stripping or banning of receiving an award if a PE drug test is failed.

spyboots
05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Why was Bellicheat voted Coach of the Year the same year he was caught cheating?

NJarhead
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I've always had an issue with him. However, I do trust him when he reports on the Steelers. My issue was, as RushHard said, "his Q&A transcripts;" he's a bit of a jerk to some fans. I've learned to forgive some of that though as some Steelers fans a regrettably retarded.

Fire Haley
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM
The AP just proved what a joke their awards really are.

Psyychoward86
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
If he voted or Cushing the 1st time, i would have some understanding for him voting for him again. But wtf? That doesnt make any sense

Bubbabanjo
05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Way to go Bouchette. Vinny Barbarino would be proud...."What???.....Where???" "I dont see nuthin".

steelreserve
05-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Hmm, I wonder if he'll start sucking as bad as Merriman after he had to quit using steroids.

solardave
05-13-2010, 08:47 AM
he's a douche, u ever read his chat transcripts?

He's an A-hole. Smartass who thinks he knows it all.

Hooterdawg
05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
It was a vote against the re-vote. The whole is stupid. Just strip him of the title and give it to the second place winner. Tgat's what the votes FOR Cushing was about.

Voting for the AP is a priviledge, not a right. The AP arranged a revote to make a statement: it did not think any player suspended for using a banned substance in 2009 should receive an award for that same period. After all, if Cushing had been suspended for the last 4 games of 2009 - with a more timely process - he wouldn;t have even had the stats to win anyway. The AP wanted it's panel of voters to make that point. They never expected 18 renegades to basically boycott the purpose of the vote to stage their own agenda. Now those voters have given Cushing the award a second time, and it makes the AP look totally stupid. Cushing used his subsequent presserto deny he ever took any PED. It was an Immacualte Injection. Something from the X-files. Anyway, good ol Ed had the cajunes to change his vote from JArius Byrd to Cushing. How is THAT anything but an insult to the AP, Byrd, and the NFL fans?

ricardisimo
05-15-2010, 01:43 AM
He's an A-hole. Smartass who thinks he knows it all.

I think he's pretty funny, and personally I prefer him cracking wise during his chats to telling people they just asked a stupid question.

He's also right quite often, and he's no cheerleader, which makes his reporting stronger.

As far as this protest vote business... whatever. I couldn't care less. I remember the tagline on the poster for that recent documentary on steroids: "Is it really cheating if everyone is doing it?"

Aussie_steeler
05-15-2010, 05:57 AM
2009 -- ZIggy Hood
2010 -- Maurkice Pouncey

The fool has nailed the last two first round picks. Gotta give him that.

Galax Steeler
05-15-2010, 06:13 AM
2009 -- ZIggy Hood
2010 -- Maurkice Pouncey

Sounds like he is doing a pretty good job to me.

AllD
05-15-2010, 07:01 AM
It was a protest on the revoting. It also got him national awareness.

zulater
05-15-2010, 08:51 PM
I had no problem with what Bouchette did. It was stupid for the AP to do a revote. They should have either given the runner up from last years vote the award, or just vacated it for a season. Or even if they took a revote and told voters that Cushing wasn't eligible, that would have made some sense.

But to say ok he won the award, but he cheated, but not enough so that he's disqualified form the competition, well that's just absurd.

MasterOfPuppets
05-15-2010, 09:44 PM
I had no problem with what Bouchette did. It was stupid for the AP to do a revote. They should have either given the runner up from last years vote the award, or just vacated it for a season. Or even if they took a revote and told voters that Cushing wasn't eligible, that would have made some sense.

But to say ok he won the award, but he cheated, but not enough so that he's disqualified form the competition, well that's just absurd.
agreed... common sense would dictate that the offending cheater would / should , be removed from the competition. if there is more than 1 cheater, its a do over, if its just 1 , everybody behind the cheater moves up 1 spot.

devilsdancefloor
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
the ripple effects of spygate....

Sharkissle29
05-16-2010, 02:07 AM
2009 -- ZIggy Hood
2010 -- Maurkice Pouncey

i hit this years draft pick and im john doe.....