PDA

View Full Version : The City Of Los Angeles Approves Economic Sanctions Against Arizona

SteelerEmpire
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Less money, less money, less money.... LINK: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37113818/ns/us_news-life/

TheWarDen86
05-12-2010, 08:51 PM
:rolleyes:

:coffee:

mesaSteeler
05-12-2010, 08:52 PM
HEY LA, You can kiss my ARIZONA A*S!

They want to boycott us? Good. ARizona should boycot them.

I have an idea. Arizona should terminate all the water we supply to California from the Colorado river. After all the Colorado does not flow through California. Note I'll be happy to share the water with the states it does flow through.

When LA starts dying of thirst they can call us.

MasterOfPuppets
05-12-2010, 08:57 PM

I have an idea. Arizona should terminate all the water we supply to California from the Colorado river. After all the Colorado does not flow through California. Note I'll be happy to share the water with the states it does flow through.

you should go pee in their water ....:popcorn:

revefsreleets
05-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Does LA have any money to spend anyway? They are on the verge of bankruptcy. Unless they are taking the Joe Biden approach of "spending their way out of bankruptcy" (Still makes me go "HUH????), methinks this is a rather empty threat.

Steeldude
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
anyone else get to see LA when they want? LA is pure trash. the city has turned into festering sore.

X-Terminator
05-13-2010, 09:49 AM
:yawn:

Cry some more, L.A.

And besides, for every city in Leftifornia that "boycotts" Arizona, there will be 10 more who will flood it with business. Not only that, there will almost certainly be many more states who will follow Arizona's lead. Are you going to "boycott" all of them too? So your support for people who break the law is only going to have the opposite effect.

X-Terminator
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
anyone else get to see LA when they want? LA is pure trash. the city has turned into festering sore.

I have a friend who was raised here in Pittsburgh who now lives in Sherman Oaks, and she can certainly attest to this.

SteelersinCA
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM

They'll just say it comes from Nevada!

SteelersinCA
05-13-2010, 09:53 AM

LA has actually done a nice turnaround, the downtown has been revitalized and it's come a long way. If politically you mean a festering sore, sure, but beyond that, your information is incorrect.

Steeldude
05-13-2010, 10:20 AM
LA has actually done a nice turnaround, the downtown has been revitalized and it's come a long way. If politically you mean a festering sore, sure, but beyond that, your information is incorrect.

i try to avoid it whenever i can. i was referring more to LA county than to just LA itself in my previous statement.

you won't catch me in watts, LA or boyle height, LA at any time of the day.

watts is 60% higher in violent crime compared to LA county. boyle heights is at 33% higher.

Steeldude
05-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I have a friend who was raised here in Pittsburgh who now lives in Sherman Oaks, and she can certainly attest to this.

have her visit inglewood, compton, lynwood, huntington park, south gate to get a real taste of it :thumbsup:

SteelerEmpire
05-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Yea. LA is pretty much a drag as well as most of the rest of Cali... It seems you can't really have fun there unless u spend a lot of money. Either spend a lot of $$$ or hang out in the street... there's really no happy medium...

Steelerstrength
05-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Yea. LA is pretty much a drag as well as most of the rest of Cali... It seems you can't really have fun there unless u spend a lot of money. Either spend a lot of $$$ or hang out in the street... there's really no happy medium...

Can't say I enjoy L.A. myself, except when the Lakers are playing. But, I'm a native of Santa Barbara, and travel throughout California often. It would take a person between 16 and 18 hours to drive from one end to the other, depending on route, with no traffic. We have quite a diversified state of various communities. It all depends on what you're looking for, literally and through your filters, and what you want to do.

It's consistently been in the mid 70's with clear skies and a mild ocean breeze, where I live. A quick drive by the beach, less than a mile from my home, you'll see people playing volleyball (we just had an AVP Tourney), surfing, sailing, walking, jogging, riding those four-wheel contraptions, cycling, checking out Stearns Warf (restaurants, crafts, fishing, etc.), along our palm tree laden, sandy beaches. Or you can hike the low mountain trails, mountain bike, whatever! The harbor has some of the most incredible boats/yachts you might ever see! We also have restaurants of various types, and price range. On weekends we always have a crafts fair along a stretch of over a mile, from East Beach. Local artists and vendors sell their work, some expensive and some not. Or, you can just walk up State Street, which is our main drag of shops, department stores, restaurants, night clubs, bars, craft stores, historical theatres and more!

There are awesome parks where you can watch Little League baseball, kids playing soccer, hard court basketball, and field-turf fields for adult league sports! If you enjoy college sports, UCSB always contends for the NCAA D-I National Championship in Men's Soccer. Games cost about $6, with crowds up to 10,000. Our Men's basketball team won the Big West Conference again, and played against Ohio State in the tourney. Games cost $10 to see at The Thunderdome!

I love our Farmer's Markets, that are held at various places on different days of the week. You can get great buys on locally grown fruit, veggies, honey, and flowers! The strawberries are huge, red, and full of flavor! $6 buys a flat of 6 overflowing baskets! We are also known for our awesome avocados!

The downtown hotels are expensive, but we also have Best Westerns, Super 8, Motel 6, and Holiday Inns, if you want to save $$. And I must warn you, the architecture is Old Spanish, and there are no billboards or high signs allowed. And, most of the downtown streets are Spanish names.

My point, there are many communities just like Santa Barbara, in California. San Diego, Marin County, Pismo Beach, Morro Bay etc.

And, only those not from California use the term "Cali." I personally have no issue with the term.

Apologies for sounding like a travel brochure, but happiness can be contagious! I love life here! And there are so many happy people, smiling and saying "hi", that live here too! There is no place in the world that I'd rather live! :thumbsup::yep:

SteelersinCA
05-13-2010, 01:19 PM
i try to avoid it whenever i can. i was referring more to LA county than to just LA itself in my previous statement.

you won't catch me in watts, LA or boyle height, LA at any time of the day.

watts is 60% higher in violent crime compared to LA county. boyle heights is at 33% higher.

That is true, those are bad areas, city of LA though has done a nice job of cleaning itself up.

SteelersinCA
05-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Can't say I enjoy L.A. myself, except when the Lakers are playing. But, I'm a native of Santa Barbara, and travel throughout California often. It would take a person between 16 and 18 hours to drive from one end to the other, depending on route, with no traffic. We have quite a diversified state of various communities. It all depends on what you're looking for, literally and through your filters, and what you want to do.

It's consistently been in the mid 70's with clear skies and a mild ocean breeze, where I live. A quick drive by the beach, less than a mile from my home, you'll see people playing volleyball (we just had an AVP Tourney), surfing, sailing, walking, jogging, riding those four-wheel contraptions, cycling, checking out Stearns Warf (restaurants, crafts, fishing, etc.), along our palm tree laden, sandy beaches. Or you can hike the low mountain trails, mountain bike, whatever! The harbor has some of the most incredible boats/yachts you might ever see! We also have restaurants of various types, and price range. On weekends we always have a crafts fair along a stretch of over a mile, from East Beach. Local artists and vendors sell their work, some expensive and some not. Or, you can just walk up State Street, which is our main drag of shops, department stores, restaurants, night clubs, bars, craft stores, historical theatres and more!

There are awesome parks where you can watch Little League baseball, kids playing soccer, hard court basketball, and field-turf fields for adult league sports! If you enjoy college sports, UCSB always contends for the NCAA D-I National Championship in Men's Soccer. Games cost about $6, with crowds up to 10,000. Our Men's basketball team won the Big West Conference again, and played against Ohio State in the tourney. Games cost $10 to see at The Thunderdome!

I love our Farmer's Markets, that are held at various places on different days of the week. You can get great buys on locally grown fruit, veggies, honey, and flowers! The strawberries are huge, red, and full of flavor! $6 buys a flat of 6 overflowing baskets! We are also known for our awesome avocados!

The downtown hotels are expensive, but we also have Best Westerns, Super 8, Motel 6, and Holiday Inns, if you want to save $$. And I must warn you, the architecture is Old Spanish, and there are no billboards or high signs allowed. And, most of the downtown streets are Spanish names.

My point, there are many communities just like Santa Barbara, in California. San Diego, Marin County, Pismo Beach, Morro Bay etc.

And, only those not from California use the term "Cali." I personally have no issue with the term.

Apologies for sounding like a travel brochure, but happiness can be contagious! I love life here! And there are so many happy people, smiling and saying "hi", that live here too! There is no place in the world that I'd rather live! :thumbsup::yep:

Couldn't have said it better. I'm from Ohio and it sure beats the hell out of anything Ohio has to offer!!

steelerdude15
05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Does LA have any money to spend anyway? They are on the verge of bankruptcy.
I believe Cali as a state is over $50 billion in debt... that is I believe.

St33lersguy
05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Coming from a city as messed up as LA I am not surprised

Vincent
05-13-2010, 08:44 PM

I owe the Californians an apology. My use of that term was sheer laziness. No excuse.

We lived in the Bay Area for 7 years in the 70s. "Cali" is the same thing as "Frisco". I have spent lots of time there over the last several decades and have even worked out of SoCal (can I say that?) for several years while living on the East Coast.

I have nothing but respect for the state, its history, its amazing tapestry of culture, the land itself, its people and their industry ("initiative" Ric), and its damn fine weather. California by itself would be a powerhouse economy and a spectacular destination.

California, for us, is all great memories. I even voted for Dutch there the first time. :chuckle:

Regarding the OP, the El Lay city "fathers" are being childish for political expedience, nothing more. To echo Mesa, :jerkit:

steelwalls
05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Added bonus to Arizona... :noidea:

GoSlash27
05-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I love the comment from the LA city council moron, Paul Koretz (0:33) :
Xevl9AcHDrg

"If this was being proposed at the federal level, I would think that we were absolutely at the very beginnings of what went on in Nazi Germany".

:doh:

Uhh... dumbass... THIS *IS* THE FEDERAL LAW AND HAS BEEN SINCE 1986!! :toofunny:

There is actually one difference:
AZ actually added protections against abuse and profiling that do not exist in the Federal law which make it illegal for cops to behave in the way you're so concerned about.

Seriously, folks. Unlike most legislation, this is compact and easily understandable. Read the damn thing before commenting on it and you won't look like an ass. :banging:

SteelersinCA
05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Does the boycott of Arizona begin before or after the playoff series with them??? Does this mean no one will go to the Lakers game???? Hmmmmm.......lotta teeth that resolution has huh?

X-Terminator
05-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Does the boycott of Arizona begin before or after the playoff series with them??? Does this mean no one will go to the Lakers game???? Hmmmmm.......lotta teeth that resolution has huh?

It's all just symbolism to make it look like they care about the issue - basically, a bunch of :bs: that, sadly, a lot of dullards slurp up hook, line and sinker.

SCSTILLER
05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Seriously, folks. Unlike most legislation, this is compact and easily understandable. Read the damn thing before commenting on it and you won't look like an ass. :banging:

Why would anyone who opposes it want to actually read it. Even our esteemed Attorney General :screwy: admit's he hasn't read it, although he is willing to comment on it anyways. The thing is like ten pages long, read the damned bill!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0510/Holder_hasnt_read_Ariz_immigration_bill.html

Bng_Hevn
05-16-2010, 09:46 AM
I just hope that AZ sticks to their guns and don't crumble. It's about time that laws are enforced.

As for revenue lost, how much will they save by not having to support illegal immigrants through medical and schooling.

Also, why don't they bring up other races in support to show that it is not geared solely against Mexicans. They need to emphasize that if ANY one is caught in their state illegally that they will be acted upon.

Also, there are places of employment that are obviously harboring illegals. If the police wanted to just go on a "racial profile" rampage, they would be busy for quite a long while.

My question is, what happens now if they are caught to be in-country illegally? If they need a new law to act on it, what can they do now?

GoSlash27
05-16-2010, 10:21 AM
My question is, what happens now if they are caught to be in-country illegally? If they need a new law to act on it, what can they do now?
They can hand them over to ICE for deportation. This has been the law all along in every state. The reason a new law was needed is because politicians were ordering their police to not enforce the old one. This one prohibits that.

mesaSteeler
05-16-2010, 11:44 AM
I just hope that AZ sticks to their guns and don't crumble. It's about time that laws are enforced.

As for revenue lost, how much will they save by not having to support illegal immigrants through medical and schooling.

Also, why don't they bring up other races in support to show that it is not geared solely against Mexicans. They need to emphasize that if ANY one is caught in their state illegally that they will be acted upon.

Also, there are places of employment that are obviously harboring illegals. If the police wanted to just go on a "racial profile" rampage, they would be busy for quite a long while.

To answer your question about costs. " how much will they save by not having to support illegal immigrants through medical and schooling?" - mesa

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters5e3 f
The $1.3 billion in costs incurred by Arizona taxpayers is comprised of outlays in the following areas:

* Education. Based on estimates of the illegal immigrant population in Arizona and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Arizonans spend approximately $820 million annually on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings.

* Health Care. Uncompensated medical outlays for health care provided to the state’s illegal alien population is now estimated at about $400 million a year.

* Incarceration. The cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in Arizona prisons and jails amounts to about $80 million a year (not including the monetary costs of the crimes that led to their incarceration).

The crime figure doesn't include the human costs. I live with in a half a mile of Chandler. My next door neighbor, who has two daughters, was justly terrified for two years. - mesa

Chandler Rapist Suspect Pleads Guilty
http://www.kpho.com/news/22707013/detail.html
POSTED: 12:49 pm MST March 1, 2010

PHOENIX -- Authorities say an illegal immigrant accused of stalking and raping at least five young girls in Chandler has agreed to a 168-year prison sentence as part of a plea agreement.

Santana Batiz-Aceves pleaded guilty on Monday to five counts of sexual conduct with a minor, five counts of molestation of a child, one count of aggravated assault and one count of attempted sexual assault.

The charges stem from attacks on seven young girls in 2006 and 2007. Five were sexually assaulted. The victims were between 12 and 15 years old.[

It's not about race. We don't care if you are from Ireland or India, Mexico or Morocco. We don't care if you crossed the border illegally or over stayed a visa. If you are ILLEGAL, GET OUT OF ARIZONA! We are sick and and tired using our expensive police resources to hunt down coyotes (illegal alien smugglers) and mules (drug smugglers). - mesa

"Phoenix police rescue kidnapped woman linked to smuggling family"
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/05/14/20100514phoenix-kidnapping-drug-smuggling.html#ixzz0o6i2CPpr

We are tired of cleaning up the carnage on our roads and having to pay for it. - mesa

Charges filed in Ariz. crash that killed 11
by Associated Press (June 17th, 2009 @ 3:39pm)
http://ktar.com/index.php?sid=1180714&nid=6
TUCSON, Ariz. - The alleged smuggler accused of transporting illegal immigrants involved in a fatal crash June 6 has been charged with conspiracy to transport illegal aliens for profit resulting in death. Twenty-two-year-old Mexican citizen Oscar Garay-Mariscal is in federal custody. Eleven of the 27 occupants in the vehicle were killed.

Driver guilty in smuggling crash that killed 10
http://ktar.com/index.php?sid=1137249&nid=6
PHOENIX - A Mexican man who was driving a sport utility vehicle packed with illegal immigrants when it rolled and killed 10 of 19 people inside could spend decades in prison under terms of a plea deal.

We are tired of drop houses in our neighborhoods and are tired of paying for the police resources to combat the problem. - mesa

DPS finds drop house in Mesa
by Associated Press (May 14th, 2010 @ 1:55pm)
Six suspected human smugglers and nine suspected illegal immigrants are in custody after a drop house was found in Mesa Friday. (Photo courtesy DPS)

MESA, Ariz. - The Arizona Department of Public Safety says six suspected human smugglers and nine suspected illegal immigrants are in custody after a drop house was found in Mesa. DPS Officer Robert Bailey says four of the smugglers ran out the back of the home when officers arrived Friday morning but all were caught.

50 illegal immigrants, 10 smugglers arrested in AZ
(March 25th, 2010 @ 9:10pm)
http://ktar.com/index.php?sid=1277947&nid=509

PHOENIX (AP) - Arizona authorities say they arrested 10 human smugglers and rescued 50 illegal immigrants held in drop houses in Phoenix in two separate incidents this week. Detectives from the Illegal Immigration Prevention and Apprehension Co-op Team made the first arrests Tuesday after a three-month investigation into a human smuggling organization by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Authorities say three suspected coyotes were taken into custody from a drop house, and 12 Mexican immigrants being held against their will were rescued. (This is why Phoenix is the kidnapping capital of America. - mesa)

We are tired of our law enforcement being shot or killed by drug smugglers. - mesa

Arizona deputy shot by suspected drug trafficker, officials say
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/30/arizona.deputy.shot/index.html

What part of ILLEGAL are you to F@#$ing STUPID to understand? - mesa

MACH1
05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
What part of ILLEGAL are you to F@#$ing STUPID to understand?

Bu, bu, bu but they pay their taxes. :rolleyes:

SteelersinCA
05-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Bu, bu, bu but they pay their taxes. :rolleyes:

Actually, how do they pay their taxes? Do they submit a claim to the government for taxes and then there is a breakdown of the government to realize that an illegal is paying taxes (maybe we dont care as long as taxes are being paid) or do they break the law AGAIN by assuming someone's identity?

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Actually, how do they pay their taxes? Do they submit a claim to the government for taxes and then there is a breakdown of the government to realize that an illegal is paying taxes (maybe we dont care as long as taxes are being paid) or do they break the law AGAIN by assuming someone's identity?

Immigrants stealing U.S. Social Security numbers for jobs, not profits - Americas - International Herald Tribune

Camber Lybbert thought it was a mistake when her bank told her that her daughter's Social Security number, issued by the U.S. government, was on their files for two credit cards and two auto loans, with an outstanding balance of more than $25,000.

Her daughter is 3 years old.

For Lybbert and her husband, Tyson, the call was the beginning of a five- month scramble trying to clear up their daughter's credit history. As it turned out, an illegal immigrant, Jose Tinoco, was using their daughter's stolen Social Security number, not in pursuit of a financial crime, but in order to get a job.

The numbers are used in the United States by the government to track employees for tax purposes.

"From what I've picked up, he wasn't using it maliciously," said Lybbert, who lives in Draper, Utah. "He was using it to have a job, to get a car, provide for his family. My husband's like, 'Don't you feel bad, you've ruined this guy's life?'

"But at the same time," Lybbert added, referring to her daughter, "he's ruined the innocence of her Social Security number because when she goes to apply for loans, she's going to have this history."

Though most people think of identity theft as a financial crime, one of the most common forms in the United States involves illegal immigrants using fraudulent Social Security numbers to conduct their daily lives.

With tacit acceptance from some employers and poor coordination among government agencies, this practice provides the backbone of some low- wage businesses and a boon to the Social Security trust fund.

During the 1990s, such mismatches accounted for about $20 billion in Social Security taxes paid.

"It's clear that it is a different intent or purpose than trying to get someone's MasterCard and charge it up, knowing they're going to get the bill," said Richard Hamp, an assistant attorney general in Utah. "But it has some similarities. It goes on the other person's credit record. Illegals are filing for bankruptcy, using someone else's number.

"I had one 78-year-old with three defaults on houses she never owned."

The Federal Trade Commission, which estimates that 10 million Americans have their identities stolen each year, does not distinguish between people who steal Social Security numbers so they can work and those who are out to steal money.

Illegal immigrants make up nearly one of every 20 workers in the United States, according to estimates by the Pew Hispanic Center, and most are working under fraudulent Social Security numbers, which can be bought in any immigrant community or in Mexico.

In Caldwell, Idaho, a woman named Maria is just such a worker.

Maria, 51, came from Mexico City illegally six years ago and bought a counterfeit green card and Social Security card through a friend for $180. She earns $6.50 an hour, and like most of the seven million working illegal immigrants in the United States, she pays income tax and Social Security tax.

She agreed to be interviewed on the condition that her last name not be used.

"We know we'll never get it back," Maria said of the Social Security payments. "It's unfortunate, but it's a given."

Like most victims of identity theft, the Lybberts did not lose any money in the long run, but Camber Lybbert estimated that for four or five months she spent 30 hours or more a week making telephone calls, feeling passed from one agency or voice-mail system to another: the Social Security Administration; the Utah attorney general; the three credit bureaus that issue credit ratings; and the police departments in two cities.

"Everyone I talked to handed me off to someone else, saying that's not our department, call this number," she said. "I was being led in a circle."

The Social Security Administration each year receives eight million to nine million earnings reports from the Internal Revenue Service filed under names that do not match the Social Security numbers. Some are from workers whose employers botched their personnel forms or women who recently changed their names after marriage.

Others are from people using a Social Security number that is not their own.
"It's basically a subsidy from migrant workers to the aggregate of American taxpayers," said Douglas Massey, a professor of sociology at Princeton who studies Mexican migration, about the taxes paid to the government.

While no one knows how many of these mismatches are illegal immigrants, a Government Accountability Office study found that employers with the most mismatches were concentrated in industries that hire a lot of illegal immigrants, including agriculture, construction and food services.

"Right now, employers are not motivated to care if their workers give them false Social Security numbers," said Barbara Bovbjerg, the office's director of education, workforce and income security issues.

The Social Security Administration is legally barred from sharing information with immigration or law enforcement agencies, or from telling the rightful owner of a Social Security number that someone else is working under their number, said Mark Hinkle, a spokesman. WTF ???:doh:

The rightful owner of a stolen number does not get the benefits accrued under its false use.

Bovbjerg's office and others have called for better cooperation among the Social Security Administration, Internal Revenue Service, or IRS, and Department of Homeland Security to prosecute workers who use false Social Security numbers and companies that hire them.

"We've had this ridiculous situation where, theoretically, this information could be shared and we could identify these people and repair the situation," said Marti Dinerstein, a fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, a nonprofit organization that supports tighter restrictions on immigration.

"Falsely using a Social Security number is a felony. Our own federal agencies are working against those laws. The IRS says privacy laws prevent them from sharing information. So we know who the guilty employers are," Dinerstein said. "The IRS knows who the guilty employees are. And nothing's being done about it."

In 2000, using data from the Social Security Administration, the Utah attorney general's office found that the Social Security numbers of 132,000 people in the state were being used by other people, far more than the state could prosecute.

This use caused problems even when the person using the number led a financially responsible life, said Hamp, the assistant attorney general. "I've had families denied public assistance for their children or disability payments because records show somebody is working in their Social Security number," he said.

Scott Smith, of Ogden, Utah, discovered that someone was using the Social Security number of his daughter, Bailey, when he applied for public health insurance for her.

Smith, who owns four paper shredders, is by his own description "real paranoid" about identity theft. "We even take the shreddings and put them in different garbage cans," he said.

Like Lybbert, he has mixed feelings about what happened next.

"All that was happening was that the illegal alien who had gotten the card had gotten a job at a Sizzler steakhouse in Provo and was paying her bills and doing a good job," he said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/04/world/americas/04iht-id.2688618.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

and most are working under fraudulent Social Security numbers, which can be bought in any immigrant community or in Mexico.
Falsely using a Social Security number is a felony

MACH1
05-16-2010, 02:48 PM

Don't ask me, ask ric. :popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
i wonder if it's bring your own beer ? :huh:

Support Arizona and SB 1070 Rally Event on June 12, 2010!
Take Action Here To Support Arizona and SB 1070 Crackdown on Illegal Immigration
Join Our Efforts to Support Arizona, SB 1070, and immigration enforcement!

EVENT IN SUPPORT OF AZ and SB 1070 June 12 2010 1
SUPPORTERS OF ARIZONA, SB 1070, AND SECURE BORDERS: 11388

Please sign up here to support Arizona, SB 1070, and secure borders. Please plan to attend our large event at Bolin Memorial Park in Phoenix, Arizona on June 12, 2010 (details on maps)!

We also want Americans of every race, party, and walk of life, from every state to converge on Arizona for this event and to spend money and shop in Arizona that weekend to offset the announced Boycott of the state being conducted by Mexico and their agents in the US such as the National Council of La Raza (The Race).

PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN AS EVENTS ARE BEING PLANNED AND ADDED FOR ALL 50 STATES! If your group is interested in helping to sponsor or support this effort or to organiza a local event in support of Arizona and SB 1070 please write CLICK HERE TO EMAIL US

It is time to stand up FOR SECURE BORDERS and AGAINST AMNESTY and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION America!
http://www.againstamnesty.com/

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2010, 07:10 PM
you should go pee in their water ....:popcorn:

:jawdrop: better yet...get all your friends together , and make it a... "PEE party" ....:toofunny:

SteelersinCA
05-16-2010, 11:11 PM
So not only are they illegal, they are committing felonies on top of federal crimes, lovely. Further, our government is barred from talking to itself to prevent these issues, double lovely. If you don't see a problem with this, you need help. Not you personally MOP, you in general.

SteelersinCA
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Arizona tourists are biting back against San Diego for its city council's decision to boycott the Grand Canyon State over its immigration law signed by Gov. Jan Brewer last month.

Would-be tourists have notified the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau and some hotels that they are canceling their scheduled travel to the coastal vacation destination, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

According to the newspaper, the convention bureau has received about 25-30 emails from Arizona residents, with some saying they are canceling their reservations and taking their money elsewhere.

That has tourism officials urging Arizonans to consider the resolutions as merely symbolic and local politics at work.

"We're in a very tough environment already because of everything else going on, and we don't need another negative impact to our industry," ConVis President Joe Terzi told the Union-Tribune. "This affects all the hardworking men and women who count on tourism for their livelihoods, so we’re saying, don't do something that hurts their livelihoods."

"I've been approached by a number of hotels who are very concerned because they’ve received cancelations from Arizona guests," Namara Mercer, executive director of the county Hotel-Motel Association, told the newspaper.

Roughly 2 million Arizonans visit San Diego each year but the recession has taken a toll on the hotel industry that was hoping for a comeback this year. Hotels are offering deep discounts to fill up their undersold rooms while the tourism board spends $7 million this spring and summer season to promote travel to the area.

Several councils in large cities like Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and San Francisco have approved boycotts on employee travel or future contracts with Arizona businesses as a result of the law that goes into effect on July 1. The state tourism bureau has said the losses so far have reached nearly $10 million as a result of 23 canceled meetings.

But others are cautious, noting unintended consequences. Milwaukee’s city council delayed a vote on a boycott and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said he opposes such action.

On Saturday, former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin appeared with Brewer in Phoenix to criticize President Obama for not passing an immigration law and putting Arizona in the situation where it had to act on its own.

“It’s time for Americans across this great country to stand up and say ‘we’re all Arizonans now, and in clear unity, we say, Mr. President, do your job, secure our borders,’” Palin said.

Palin also has denounced a decision by Highland Park, Ill., officials who canceled the high school girls’ basketball team’s travel to the state in December. Both Highland Park Assistant Superintendent Suzan Hebson and the Austin City Council suggested that their decisions were less based on politics than concern their players and employees could be in harm’s way if they want to Arizona. Hebson, however, told the Chicago Tribune that she did not know if any student players were themselves illegal immigrants.

Palin, a former basketball player, said she would raise money or find other ways to get the players to the tournament.

Meanwhile, in San Diego, school board President Shelia Jackson said she is sorry people don’t want to come to her city, but she still supports her vote to boycott Arizona.

“It’s sad that people would cancel their plans to come here in reaction to that, but I still think we did the right thing,” Jackson told the Union-Tribune. “Certainly, we know how important tourism is to San Diego, and it wasn’t my intent to impact the tourism trade.”

FYI San Diego's SCHOOL BOARD voted to denounce the AZ law. Nice work idiots. I hope you are happy.

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Arizona in Boycott Battle With Immigration Law Opponents

FOXNews.com

Supporters of Arizona's controversial immigration law are trying to turn the tables on those calling for boycotts of their state, threatening to target opponents of the law with boycotts of their own.

Supporters of Arizona's controversial immigration law are trying to turn the tables on people calling for boycotts of their state, threatening to target opponents of the law with boycotts of their own.

A group called BUYcottArizona has launched a website calling on supporters not only to ignore the anti-Arizona rhetoric, but to make those cities leading the charge pay for their political opposition. The group names close to a dozen cities -- in addition to individual organizations -- that have backed boycotts on employee travel or future contracts with Arizona businesses, and it is calling on people to "boycott the boycotters."

The backlash against the backlash may be getting some support. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, would-be tourists have started notifying the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau and some hotels that they are canceling their vacation plans to the Pacific Coast city -- after San Diego's city council decided to launch a boycott against Arizona.

According to the newspaper, the convention bureau has received about 25-30 e-mails from Arizona residents, with some saying they are canceling their reservations and taking their money elsewhere.

Arizona residents have also been sounding off in the editorial pages and over the airwaves about the way they've been vilified by other jurisdictions -- particularly in next-door California, where officials in Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, West Hollywood and San Francisco have all supported boycotts.
Listeners of KTAR in Phoenix called in to warn California to "think twice" about boycotting their state. As California officials threaten to deprive Arizona of their state's financial support, Arizona has some leverage of its own.

The Golden State gets almost a third of its electricity from Arizona -- most of it coming from a nuclear power plant outside Phoenix, as well as coal-fired power plants in northern Arizona and two giant hydroelectric power generators along the Colorado River.

California also contracts to house 4,000 inmates in Arizona prisons, not to mention a $22 million contract at city-owned Los Angeles International Airport for Phoenix-based U.S. Airways and millions more in trucking contracts at the port of Los Angeles.

Many of the boycotts in other cities are not canceling existing contracts, but say they won't enter into new arrangements.

Lawyers say boycotting cities can't just cancel existing contracts for political reasons without paying huge damages in court. The cross-country disputes in some cases amount more to political grandstanding than a financial disincentive strong enough to cause Arizona to repeal its law.

Still, the choking off of tourism dollars -- both from and to Arizona -- could have an impact. The Arizona state tourism bureau has said the losses from boycotts have reached nearly $10 million as a result of 23 canceled meetings.

In California, some officials are likewise worried about the counter-boycott on San Diego.

"We're in a very tough environment already because of everything else going on, and we don't need another negative impact to our industry," Convention and Visitors Bureau President Joe Terzi told the Union-Tribune. "This affects all the hardworking men and women who count on tourism for their livelihoods, so we're saying, don't do something that hurts their livelihoods."

"I've been approached by a number of hotels who are very concerned because they've received cancelations from Arizona guests," Namara Mercer, executive director of the county Hotel-Motel Association, told the newspaper.

California officials are standing by their opposition to the Arizona law, which makes illegal immigration a state crime and empowers police to demand identification from people they suspect of being illegal immigrants. The law goes into effect in July.

Los Angeles City Councilman Ed Reyes said he understands the "inconvenience" caused by the boycotts, but he said that "does not compare to the violation of civil rights" caused by the Arizona law.

Bruce St. James, radio talk show host at KTAR, said the law looks a lot different to those who actually live in Arizona.

"I think it's easy to throw stones when you're sitting so far away," he said. "When you're in the middle of it, I think if you believe any of the polls ... close to 70 percent of the people who have to live here think this is a step in the right direction."

Fox News' William LaJeunesse contributed to this report.
i'd start flipping their lights on and off ....:chuckle: