PDA

View Full Version : Kids Movies

WH
05-13-2010, 07:15 AM
The boy is getting to the age where he likes to watch the occasional DVD.

His father, however, can't think of anything that's appropriate for a 2 year old.

I thought Land Before Time and American Tail were good for that age.....holy crap was I ever wrong.

Any ideas? He likes music and real-life animals.

I'm drawing a blank.

stlrtruck
05-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Miracle Dog
Miracle Dog Too
Impossible Elephant (a little older but he'll like the elephant)
UP (not all for him, but my daughter was 3 when she saw it and loved it)

Vincent
05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
We started our kids on the Terminator franchise. They both turned out to be good conservatives.

Steeldude
05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
We started our kids on the Terminator franchise. They both turned out to be good conservatives.

you sir are an excellent parent.

i was brought up on dirty harry and other assorted clint eastwood movies.

Steeldude
05-13-2010, 09:54 AM

His father, however, can't think of anything that's appropriate for a 2 year old.

I thought Land Before Time and American Tail were good for that age.....holy crap was I ever wrong.

I'm drawing a blank.

at 2 years of age i don't think he is capable of knowing if a cartoon is inappropriate.

pick out any early disney cartoon. i remember my little sister liking the disney cartoon "robin hood".

V_1eN90zUG4

vasteeler
05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
baby einstein

Borski
05-13-2010, 11:01 AM

I'm drawing a blank.

Whats wrong with em? Thats what I watched when I was a really little kid I haven't seen em in forever but I don't see how they could be as bad as you say

WH
05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Whats wrong with em? Thats what I watched when I was a really little kid I haven't seen em in forever but I don't see how they could be as bad as you say

they aren't bad, he will definitely watch them in a few years. The TRex in land before time and the mouse of minsk in American Tail made him run from the tv.

Then, being the great parent I am, remember that i first saw those when I was 7 or 8. big difference.

Borski
05-13-2010, 02:15 PM
they aren't bad, he will definitely watch them in a few years. The TRex in land before time and the mouse of minsk in American Tail made him run from the tv.

Then, being the great parent I am, remember that i first saw those when I was 7 or 8. big difference.

Gotcha, I see what you mean

Dino 6 Rings
05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Disney anything cartoon, you can't go wrong with Disney. Robin Hood, 101 Dalmations, the Fox and the Hound is really delightful. Maybe even Babe, or Charlotte's web.

Dot and the Kangaroo for a classic from the 70s. He'll fall asleep for sure.

Dumbo, Peter Pan (although Hook can be creepy) Jungle Book (tiger again, kind of scary) Tarzan, that's a winner, anything Goofy.

Pete's Dragon, with the live people and the cartoon Dragon. Total winner.

Anything with Winnie the Pooh, Everytime, Pooh is a winner.

Dino 6 Rings
05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Batteries not Included is a classic from the 80s, Short Circuit too, although I think they do actually say "shiiiit" in that one.

More modern, the Last Mimzy is fantastic.

But then again, I always loved Jaws as a kid, and Godzilla will always rule for little boys. Always Rule!!!!

GODZILLA!!!!!

WH
05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I was thinking fox and the hound a little earlier.

we'll try a few of those out.

thanks folks.

MACH1
05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Shark Boy and Lava Girl.
Night at the Museum 1&2
Zathura.
Imagine That.
Scooby Doo
Planet 51
Astro Boy
Monsters vs. Aliens

stillers4me
05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Finding Nemo is my favorite. Lots of nice bright colors to keep his attention, too.

SteelCityMom
05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
It's gonna be tough to get a 2 year old to sit and want to watch a full movie. You're better off buying shorter shows like Thomas or whatever the heck toddlers are watching now lol.

My daughter also wasn't very into cartoon shows or movies for a long time. Little kids just prefer to see live action. Wizard of Oz and The Dark Crystal were a couple of the first full length movies she ever got through. At 2 though, she was just incapable of staying interested for a full film.