PDA

View Full Version : About Three Bricks Shy of a Load

4xSBChamps
02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm just curious as-to how-many of this Forum's members have this book, or have read it in the past?
:hunch:

BlackNGold203
02-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I read it a looong time ago....twas a good read

Atlanta Dan
02-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Was a good read - subsequent editions after the original (which came out the summer before the 1974 season) had Roy Blount's later articles in SI and elsewhere on the Steelers, including a great article on the 1974 post-season run.

If you read it, you will be surprised how much access Blount had to the team on and off the field during the 1973 season and will get a greater appreciation for why Bradshaw held a lot of bitterness about his early careeer in Pittsburgh (1973 was the season when he separated his shoulder in the Bengals game at Three Rivers and a significant portion of the home crowd cheered).

4xSBChamps
02-08-2006, 04:13 PM
If you read it, you will..... get a greater appreciation for why Bradshaw held a lot of bitterness about his early careeer in Pittsburgh (1973 was the season when he separated his shoulder in the Bengals game at Three Rivers and a significant portion of the home crowd cheered).
I recall that game very-well, as '73 was the first year that home-games were allowed to be shown on TV:
truly a shameful moment for Stiller fans, no-matter WHICH hometown player it was that got hurt.
:redface:

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Ihave its, as well as a number of other Steelers books! Roy Blount Jr. has a few good Steelers books!