PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Dan Rooney is AWESOME

SteelersMongol
05-14-2010, 09:02 AM
OK, I just wanted 2 say Mr. Dan Rooney is just awesome. :nw: I'm sure some of U guys R going "Duh, like V don't know... Next!" But I was just talking 2 my wife & she said Mr. Rooney has sent back my book with his signature on it. :thumbsup: So exciteeed. :excited:

OK. this is what's up. I don't have any autographed thing that has 2 do with the Steelers at my home. Couple years ago, I tried 2 get Farrior's signed jersey from an eBay seller called STEEL-TOWN MEMORABILIA, but long story short STEEL-TOWN MEMORABILIA f*cked me up I got nothing after I paid my $110. :fingers: Wish I could show em Mr.Rooney's book & tell em F U, now. :chuckle: Anyways, when I heard Mr. Rooney was becoming the US Ambassador 2 Ireland, I thought about sending him the book & ask 4 his autograph.

http://server40136.uk2net.com/~wpower/images/product_images/9780306815690.jpg

I was able 2 send the book about a month ago. So now I'm in Beijing & talking 2 my wife through online, she said the package was arrived from Ireland. I was thinking "Oh no, this is 2 soon. Did they refuse the mail & sent it back?" She said she peeked & saw the book was signed & there was a thank U letter from Mr. Rooney. :mail:

Sooo I'm so excited but in China. Lone excited Mongol in China who got no one else 2 talk about this, but my B&G brothers & sisters. :horse: Kaaan yooou beliiieve it? I got a book from Mr. Rooney. :joy: & with a letterrr!!! :crazy01: :dancing: :banana: Now my family has a book that V can cherish for 5,000 years. LOL

Can't wait 2 go home & C it myself. Though I don't drink, let's drink 4 Mr. Rooney & his family. :drink: Oh & she said there was also some kind of small gift from him as well. :applaudit:

BTW, Y don't V have a smiley that says "Mr.Rooney is AWESOME"???

Borski
05-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Thats awesome dude, let us know what the letter and gift is when you see it

Vincent
05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
You want to say "Unbelievable!!". But it's Mr Rooney just quietly being Mr Rooney. A dignified gesture indeed.

Owners and players alike - take note.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
VERY cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godfather
05-14-2010, 12:27 PM
That is soooooooooo awesome, congrats!!

stillers4me
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
BTW, Y don't V have a smiley that says "Mr.Rooney is AWESOME"???

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s37/smilies-18944.png

steelerdude15
05-14-2010, 04:34 PM
That's really cool, I have this same book and it was a great read. Hey though, congrads on your book being signed! :hatsoff:

stillers4me
05-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I have a signed one, too. My hubby contacted a book store in Pittsburgh when Mr. Rooney did a signing and they had him sign one for us. Pretty cool that he did that for you! He's one class act.

Indo
05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
That is Just Too Cool.

Now we're all jealous...

AllD
05-15-2010, 06:19 AM
I have an autographed copy too. The book is excellent and a must read for any Steeler fan. Lots of insight to the lean years. It also showed the decisions and events leading up to and through the 1970s. The greatest team of the Super Bowl era to this day.

devilsdancefloor
05-15-2010, 08:34 AM
that is AWESOME!!! Congrats!!

St33lersguy
05-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Not surprised, Mr/ Rooney is such a great man.

43Hitman
05-15-2010, 01:20 PM
That is really cool Mongol. Congrats!

MACH1
05-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Sweet, that's awesome he did that for you.

SteelersMongol
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
OK, I'm finally back home. Asked for the package even before I change my clothes.

OK, the letter was not from Mr. Rooney, but from his personal assistant. She said she was very impressed with my mail, because the embassy gets tons of Steelers fan mails from all over the world, but never had 1 from Mongolia before. She must B the Steelers fan also, cuz her letter was ended with "GO STEELERS" & by co-incidence the letter was written on my birthday. How exciting is that? :thumbsup:

But Mr. Rooney wrote short message inside his book. He started with "Dear Bat-Erdene, you are a Steelers fan. We are very pleased. Thank you." Can you believe it? It's like the Queen of England just knighted me. :thumbsup: No wait, it's better than getting knighthood.

And it's finished with "...I hope you enjoy the book... Maybe someday you might get to Pittsburgh and watch the Steelers game. All the best. Dan Rooney US Ambassador to Ireland" God, this is definitely 1 of the greatest days of my life.

Oh & his gift was this pin pictured below. The best part is that it didn't look new, which I took it as this must the pin Mr. Dan Rooney wore sometime. Which makes it even far more valuable. :thumbsup: I gotta get some kind of display case for this, but just tonight I'm gonna wear it and visit my brothers & aunt's homes & show off. :wink02: It's strange, because when I saw Mr. Dan Rooney's photos with this pin, I used 2 wonder how much it costs & how hard it is 2 find 1 of this. Unless the good old man has some kind of extrasense. :chuckle:

http://www.onlineebusinesssolutions.com/images/blog/danrooney2209.jpg

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/7740e9b059607fa6ca59e38d994bb467/NFL-Super-Bowl-XLIII-Cardinals-Steelers.jpg

Thank you God. Thank you Mr. Rooney.

tony hipchest
05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
But Mr. Rooney wrote short message inside his book. He started with "Dear Bat-Erdene, you are a Steelers fan. We are very pleased. Thank you." Can you believe it? It's like the Queen of England just knighted me. No wait, it's better than getting knighthood.
indeed, it is! and i can say from 1st hand experience that you deserve and have earned this with your fandom.

not only is mr. rooney now a great ambassador to mongolia, but you are a great ambassador to the steelers. :tt02:

:drink: cheers, my friend.

MasterOfPuppets
05-19-2010, 12:27 AM
wow...thats awesome Bat...:thumbsup: ... maybe its the same pin thats in the picture...at least thats what i would tell people...:noidea:

you should write him again and ask for tickets, and the tie he's wearing in that picture..:chuckle:

43Hitman
05-19-2010, 10:17 AM
wow...thats awesome Bat...:thumbsup: ... maybe its the same pin thats in the picture...at least thats what i would tell people...:noidea:

you should write him again and ask for tickets, and the tie he's wearing in that picture..:chuckle:

:chuckle:

SteelersMongol
05-20-2010, 06:57 AM
indeed, it is! and i can say from 1st hand experience that you deserve and have earned this with your fandom.

not only is mr. rooney now a great ambassador to mongolia, but you are a great ambassador to the steelers. :tt02:

:drink: cheers, my friend.

Oh, thank you. :hug: You're very kind. :hatsoff:

:chuckle: Ha ha ha. You're bad. But remember, I didn't ask 4 his pin, I just had my eyes on it. :wink02: Maybe all I have 2 do is, stare at the tie picture & wish I had it. :chuckle: & write a letter 2 Mr. Rooney. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
05-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh, thank you. :hug: You're very kind. :hatsoff:

:chuckle: Ha ha ha. You're bad. But remember, I didn't ask 4 his pin, I just had my eyes on it. :wink02: Maybe all I have 2 do is, stare at the tie picture & wish I had it. :chuckle: & write a letter 2 Mr. Rooney. :wink02:

then if that works, focus on the trophy ...:thumbsup:

Vincent
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I just had my eyes on it. :wink02: Maybe all I have 2 do is, stare at the tie picture & wish I had it. :chuckle:

Stare at the Lombardi and visualize this...

http://www.fadwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/7.png

stillers4me
05-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Very cool!! :tt03:

stillers4me
05-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Stare at the Lombardi and visualize this...

http://www.fadwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/7.png

Haha! I was thnking something along the same line! :wink02: