05-16-2010, 05:41 PM
e01s5pTkXwM

tony hipchest
05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
:laughing:

funny because it is true....

SteelerEmpire
05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Ha ha.... I've never seen the glenn beck show.... I didn't know he was doin it like that...lol...

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Christians Rip Glenn Beck Over 'Social Justice' Slam
Right-Wing Host Conflates Christian 'Social Justice' With Nazism, Communism

Glenn Beck has stirred the pot again, but President Obama can rest easy for a few days because he was not the central target this time.
Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck has stirred the pot again. On his show last week, the conservative broadcaster, radio... Expand
Glenn Beck has stirred the pot again. On his show last week, the conservative broadcaster, radio host, best-selling author and all around phenomenon criticized any church promoting "social justice" or "economic justice," claiming that these words were merely code for Naziism and communism. Collapse
(M. Caulfield/WireImag/Getty Images)

Backers of the concept of Christian "social justice," however, were not so lucky. Beck compared it to communism and Nazism -- and at least one religious leader is calling for Christians to stop watching the conservative broadcaster, radio host and best-selling author.

On his radio and television shows, Beck suggested any church promoting "social justice" or "economic justice" merely was using code words for Nazism and communism.

"I beg you look for the words social justice or economic justice on your church Web site," he said. "If you find it, run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code words. ... Am I advising people to leave their church? Yes! If they're going to Jeremiah Wright's church, yes!

"If you have a priest that is pushing social justice, go find another parish," he said. "Go alert your bishop and tell them, 'Excuse me, are you down with this whole social justice thing?' If it's my church, I'm alerting the church authorities: 'Excuse me, what's this social justice thing?' And if they say, 'Yeah, we're all in on this social justice thing,' I am in the wrong place."

Later, Beck held up a picture of a swastika and one of a hammer and sickle, declaring again that "social justice" has the same philosophy as the Nazis and communists and that the phrase is a code word for both.

Stu Burguiere, executive producer at "The Glenn Beck Radio Program," sought to clarify Beck's comments today.

"Like most Americans, Glenn strongly supports and believes in 'social justice' when it is defined as 'good Christian charity,'" he said. "Glenn strongly opposes when Rev. Wright and other leaders use 'social justice' as a euphemism for their real intention -- redistribution of wealth."
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/glenn-beck-social-justice-christians-rage-back-nazism/story?id=10085008

Leftoverhard
05-17-2010, 01:45 AM
"Empathy leads you to very bad decisions, many times" - Glen Beck

Priceless

revefsreleets
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
WAY too many people take this guy seriously. It's scary...

7SteelGal43
05-17-2010, 11:22 AM
WAY too many people take this guy seriously. It's scary...

You're right, revs, all these people taking Richard Lewis (and John Stewart and Bill Mahr and Keith Olberman) seriously IS scary. VERY scary in fact. :couch:

revefsreleets
05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, John Stewart and Bill Maher are comedians, so they are a bit irrelevant to this particular conversation as their first inclination is to make people laugh. Olberman is just as dangerous as Beck for spewing ignorant hate from the OTHER end of the political spectrum. People with limited ability to think for themselves listen to this inane prattle and actually believe it, which is really the only apt comparison for what happened in Nazi Germany (since that comparison is bandied about so much by these people).

Even if 75% of what they say is based in fact, it's the OTHER 25% grounded only in pure kookery which makes it dangerous...

7SteelGal43
05-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Well, John Stewart and Bill Maher are comedians, so they are a bit irrelevant to this particular conversation as their first inclination is to make people laugh. Olberman is just as dangerous as Beck for spewing ignorant hate from the OTHER end of the political spectrum. People with limited ability to think for themselves listen to this inane prattle and actually believe it, which is really the only apt comparison for what happened in Nazi Germany (since that comparison is bandied about so much by these people).

Even if 75% of what they say is based in fact, it's the OTHER 25% grounded only in pure kookery which makes it dangerous...

The video in the OP featured Blacks political satire on Glenn Beck , and your initial offering to the conversation pointed out how it's scary that so any people take Beck seriously. I merely pointed out that it's scary to me how many people take Stewart and Mahrs political satire way to seriously. How is that not relevant ?

SteelerEmpire
05-17-2010, 09:55 PM
The video in the OP featured Blacks political satire on Glenn Beck , and your initial offering to the conversation pointed out how it's scary that so any people take Beck seriously. I merely pointed out that it's scary to me how many people take Stewart and Mahrs political satire way to seriously. How is that not relevant ?

Yea. Remember if these guys on TV and radio don't have some level of 'shock value', then they will have no level of money being made... ITS A BUSINESS BEFORE ITS AN HONEST POLITICAL OPINION... and this goes for both right and left broadcasts.... its about entertainment...

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM

So you're suggesting that a Comedy Central Show which deliberately aims to be sarcastic should be judged the same as a show that takes itself seriously and proports to be the God's honest truth?

I have to ask, because it would appear that you're one of the people that take what Beck has to say to heart...

7SteelGal43
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
So you're suggesting that a Comedy Central Show which deliberately aims to be sarcastic should be judged the same as a show that takes itself seriously and proports to be the God's honest truth?

I have to ask, because it would appear that you're one of the people that take what Beck has to say to heart...

Really ?! You actually got that from my comments ?

Careful ya don't pull a muscle while reaching, revs.

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Really ?! You actually got that from my comments ?

Careful ya don't pull a muscle while reaching, revs.
I'll take that as a yes.

What's your take on Beck's conspiracy theory that Amtrak employees are building FEMA concentration camps (complete with gas powered ovens to cremate the bodies)? Or that the Unions have teamed up with the commies to destroy America? Or how Americorps is actually Obama's private army?

Vincent
05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
What's your take on Beck's conspiracy theory that Amtrak employees are building FEMA concentration camps (complete with gas powered ovens to cremate the bodies)? Or that the Unions have teamed up with the commies to destroy America? Or how Americorps is actually Obama's private army?

I have no Beck experience to this point, but you've piqued my interest.

Leftoverhard
05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I have no Beck experience to this point, but you've piqued my interest.

You'll love him!

Vincent
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Probably just a "Beck production"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-hvPJPTi4

"PPC flying over FEMA storage site in Lottie, LA" May 14, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mxgdYV1FJM&NR=1&feature=fvwp :wtf:

Hmmmm. I guess if you were to be going to institute a NWO, such camps would play a role. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K9dgqKmJ50&feature=related

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 12:20 PM
And AWAY we go!

Alex Jones and INFOWARS is next. Bush behind 9/11. Art Bell. Aliens at Area 51...once we start, there's no stopping!

MACH1
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
I'll take that as a yes.

Uhh...He DEBUNKED the FEMA story as FALSE.

As far as the commies go, Van Jones ring a bell?

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Uhh...He DEBUNKED the FEMA story as FALSE.

As far as the commies go, Van Jones ring a bell?

Hmmmmmmmm...so you're an avid listener, eh?

Why does that not surprise me.

Beck speaks with a forked tongue...he denounces conspiracy theories whilst coming up with plenty of his own kookery all at the same time.

Anyway, he debunked the Clinton FEMA camps, but believes Obama has revitalized the program to imprison Republicans.

MACH1
05-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmmmmmmmm...so you're an avid listener, eh?

Why does that not surprise me.

Beck speaks with a forked tongue...he denounces conspiracy theories whilst coming up with plenty of his own kookery all at the same time.

Anyway, he debunked the Clinton FEMA camps, but believes Obama has revitalized the program to imprison Republicans.

It's called a google search. You might try it before you spout out false info.

X5RN-LlFvgI

zulater
05-18-2010, 02:54 PM

You're absolutely right.

Anyone who doesn't think Stewart, and to a lesser degre Mahr, have a great deal of influence over young voters is simply not paying attention.

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
You're absolutely right.

Anyone who doesn't think Stewart, and to a lesser degre Mahr, have a great deal of influence over young voters is simply not paying attention.

Let's get real here...if you think "The Daily Show" is real, you are 18 different kinds of a moron. I'm not talking about retarded people, I'm talking about sheeples who toe the Beck or Olberman line of ignorance. There is a HUGE difference.

By the way, MACH (speaking of morons), you have a ways to go before you can become a true "google expert" like your mentor, Tony. Here that effing whacko Beck says "I CANNOT debunk these FEMA camps" in re Obama's plan to imprison people who stand up to him. He also talks about Obama's secret army and some other ridiculous craziness.

Watch and learn....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjfdfDHjWQ

zulater
05-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Let's get real here...if you think "The Daily Show" is real, you are 18 different kinds of a moron. I'm not talking about retarded people, I'm talking about sheeples who toe the Beck or Olberman line of ignorance. There is a HUGE difference.

By the way, MACH (speaking of morons), you have a ways to go before you can become a true "google expert" like your mentor, Tony. Here that effing whacko Beck says "I CANNOT debunk these FEMA camps" in re Obama's plan to imprison people who stand up to him. He also talks about Obama's secret army and some other ridiculous craziness.

Watch and learn....

I understand exactly what the Daily show is and even though my politics lean right I enjoy it, just as I enjoy Saturday Night Live. But i know for a fact that Stewart is a cultural icon among young people and his politics are clearly liberal and i think it resonates with much of his audience. So while the show isn't "real" per say, it does have real impact with young voters and helps to influence their votes and opinions.

SCSTILLER
05-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Pretty good (older) article on the Daily Show thing going on here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/17/arts/television/17kaku.html

Now, yes, The Daily Show is a false news program, but some people do beleive that the Daily Show and John Stewart are factual news sources

MACH1
05-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Watch and learn....

Hey, don't be calling me your family names.

Seems like there should be an infraction or two for personal attacks. :noidea:

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Wah.

You got caught (again) not knowing what the eff you're talking about...I guess I need to be more careful around the super sensitive who get their feelings hurt when they are pointed out being continually ignorant.

So, anyway, do you retract your earlier statement and admit Beck DOES suggest Obama is running FEMA concentration camps? That would entail admitting you're wrong, of course...

MACH1
05-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Wah.

You got caught (again) not knowing what the eff you're talking about...I guess I need to be more careful around the super sensitive who get their feelings hurt when they are pointed out being continually ignorant.

So, anyway, do you retract your earlier statement and admit Beck DOES suggest Obama is running FEMA concentration camps? That would entail admitting you're wrong, of course...

Glenn Beck went on Bill O'Reilly's program last night, protesting his innocence after Paul Krugman ably limned the culpability that people like Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and other right-wing yammerers have in raising the temperature of the national discourse to the level that now violent right-wing nutcases are popping off like so much popcorn.

It was, of course, an extended exercise in frantic obfuscation, like a cat trying to cover its dung:

Beck: Well, first of all, the only people responsible for anybody's death are the people --

O'Reilly: Are the murderers.

Beck: Are the murderers.

Ah yes, the nonexistent "lone wolf" defense. Gee, I guess this means that those suicide bombers in Baghdad and Jerusalem are just "isolated incidents" too, and no one but the bombers themselves are responsible. At least in Beck's and O'Reilly's world.

O'Reilly: Well, now, Paul Krugman doesn't feel that way.

Beck: Oh, no. No. But you know what I found? Paul Krugman -- he's of course blaming you as -- well, you're the baby killer ... killer -- whatever --

O'Reilly: The assassin enabler.

Beck: Yeah. And I am, uh, I am responsible for all kinds of conspiracy theories, I think I'm also responsible for the Holocaust shooter --

O'Reilly: Well, lemme, lemme, lemme quote -- here's what Krugman said about you today. He's criticizing Fox News:

Exhibit A for the mainstreaming of right-wing extremism is Fox News’s new star, Glenn Beck. Here we have a network where, like it or not, millions of Americans get their news — and it gives daily airtime to a commentator who, among other things, warned viewers that the Federal Emergency Management Agency might be building concentration camps as part of the Obama administration’s “totalitarian” agenda ... .

Beck: Never said that. Never said that.

O'Reilly: But Krugman doesn't care whether you said it or not. It sounds good.

Beck: Oh, I know. Never said that. You know, the reason I did that concentration camp thing or that FEMA story was because I snapped on the air one day.

O'Reilly: No! You?

Beck: Somebody called me on the radio and I said, 'Can we stop with the FEMA camps? Can we stop with the FEMA camps? I want, one way or another, I want it yes or no.' So I went to my staff and I said, 'I want proof that these don't exist, please?' A couple -- oh, maybe about a week later they came to me and said, 'Well, we don't really have proof' -- I said, 'You've gotta be kidding me. What do you mean, we don't really have proof.' We contracted with Popular Mechanics. It took us, ah, four weeks -- the reason why it took us four weeks is because I said, 'See this video on television? I want you to find that prison, go there, and tell everybody what it is so we can A-B compare.'

O'Reilly: And they couldn't find it.

Beck: No, we found what's called the 'prison'. It's an abandoned train depot.

O'Reilly: But it wasn't a prison.

Beck: It's not a prison.

O'Reilly: But it doesn't matter what you say, or what I say. They're going to take it and -- what Krugman wanted to do was he wanted to tell is readers -- who never watch you, by the way, they never watch Fox News either -- that you are accusing Obama of building concentration camps.

:coffee:

Leftoverhard
05-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Seriously?

I've been called an F-ing, F-hole, A-wad, your family name, S-bag, nut-%^&, F%$gg##, __tard, bung-#$%, nazi, and a whole $%^&load of other fun names here. I've also been told to F off among other fine activities.

You got called a "google expert." :noidea:
Although if I were calling you names, I would have been more specific and said "overzealous copy and paster of images"

tony hipchest
05-18-2010, 08:20 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/2006NU006.jpg

lol. 'pants on the ground'. he would know about a house full of cats trying to cover their dung.

Watch and learn....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjfdfDHjWQ:pity:

another day passes, and still the dude cant practice enough self control to keep my name out of his mouth for a single post.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/obsession.jpg

NJarhead
05-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Seriously?

I've been called an F-ing, F-hole, A-wad, your family name, S-bag, nut-%^&, F%$gg##, __tard, bung-#$%, nazi, and a whole $%^&load of other fun names here. I've also been told to F off among other fine activities.

Although if I were calling you names, I would have been more specific and said "overzealous copy and paster of images"

Not sure if you meant it that way Lefty, but that post reads funny as hell. :sofunny:

MACH1
05-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Seriously?

I've been infracted for less.

And if I were calling you names it would probably be "racist"

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 09:53 AM
This is a first...I post a VIDEO of Beck CLEARLY stating that he cannot debunk Obama opening FEMA camps, and I'm supposed to be rebuffed by some weird unsourced transcript from the O'Reilly show?

Really? You have GOT to be joking. Glen Beck is clearly on tape, clearly proving YOU wrong, and your retort is a transcript? This is totally third rate...you have simply got to do better than that. You're flat out wrong....fess up...

Leftoverhard
05-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Not sure if you meant it that way Lefty, but that post reads funny as hell. :sofunny:

Yes, I did mean it that way :rofl:

MACH1
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM
This is a first...I post a VIDEO of Beck CLEARLY stating that he cannot debunk Obama opening FEMA camps, and I'm supposed to be rebuffed by some weird unsourced transcript from the O'Reilly show?

Really? You have GOT to be joking. Glen Beck is clearly on tape, clearly proving YOU wrong, and your retort is a transcript? This is totally third rate...you have simply got to do better than that. You're flat out wrong....fess up...

Here ya go guru. It's a different source, it has both the video and the transcript. Since we all know your reading comps not up to par watch the video. I know you have a short attention span but try watching the whole video.

DEBUNKED

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Here ya go guru. It's a different source, it has both the video and the transcript. Since we all know your reading comps not up to par watch the video. I know you have a short attention span but try watching the whole video.

DEBUNKED

Dude, even if you actually end up posting a video, what does it prove? That Beck is a kook who espouses the conspiracy one day and denounces the same conspiracy the next? The video I posted CLEARLY shows him saying he cannot debunk the myth that Obama is opening FEMA camps to imprison Republicans. He actually flip-flops on the You Tube video, and that in NO WAY DIMINISHES MY POINT! Beck is a two-bit hack, a crazyman who is constantly spouting off ridiculous conspiracy theories, and twits like you are so busy defending his insanity that you never take time to actually stop and apply some critical thinking to the lunacy this idiot is fobbing off as truth.

MACH1
05-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Dude, even if you actually end up posting a video, what does it prove? That Beck is a kook who espouses the conspiracy one day and denounces the same conspiracy the next? The video I posted CLEARLY shows him saying he cannot debunk the myth that Obama is opening FEMA camps to imprison Republicans. He actually flip-flops on the You Tube video, and that in NO WAY DIMINISHES MY POINT! Beck is a two-bit hack, a crazyman who is constantly spouting off ridiculous conspiracy theories, and twits like you are so busy defending his insanity that you never take time to actually stop and apply some critical thinking to the lunacy this idiot is fobbing off as truth.

Dude, just admit your flat out wrong. What a idiot.

Sorry, mods. It slipped.

WH
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Despite whatever you people are fighting over...Lewis Black is funny as hell.

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Sorry, mods. It slipped.

I'm shaking my head in amazement. Do you even KNOW what your position is? I have a video clearly showing Glen Beck stating that he thinks Obama is running FEMA camps for the GOP. You state that he debunked that myth, yet, clearly, on the tape, he's not. Even if you provide a hundred other videos where he retracts, Beck is still a nutjob who, at least once, purported that Obama is going to imprison his political enemies. NOT Clinton FEMA camps...not that garbage conspiracy theory, this is a new retarded conspiracy theory. One BECK MADE UP!

And you're defense for all this is to just keep telling me I'm wrong? Seriously?

What the eff is wrong with you people?

Vincent
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Internet boards can be so elusive. Are we saying here that the idiot, the tool, the complete incompetent Beck cannot disprove the existence of such camps? Even when he set out to do just that? With all the resources at his disposal?

It probably isn't reasonable to conclude the existence of such camps on the basis that such a dolt couldn't disprove their existence, but...

Vincent
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM

Sorry, mods. It slipped.

Pssssst. Just say "Whatta maroon". It gets by the mods every time.

http://www.vincentchow.net/images/bugs-bunny.jpg

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Internet boards can be so elusive. Are we saying here that the idiot, the tool, the complete incompetent Beck cannot disprove the existence of such camps? Even when he set out to do just that? With all the resources at his disposal?

It probably isn't reasonable to conclude the existence of such camps on the basis that such a dolt couldn't disprove their existence, but...

Art Bell has just as high of a standing as Beck in this regard. He has failed to debunk Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, etc, etc...simply saying that he can't prove the camps DON'T exist really says pretty much nothing now, does it?

And what does it say about the man if he's constantly flip-flopping on the issue anyway? The conspiracy exists one day, and does not the next, but is back to existing on the third day?

My major problem I have with this (and several others) poster is the complete inability to EVER make a retraction, to NEVER just simply back up and say "you know what, I was wrong". Especially when they are caught red-handed.

In this case, being an apostle of a nut-job is just a little icing on the cake...

Vincent
05-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Art Bell has just as high of a standing as Beck in this regard. He has failed to debunk Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, etc, etc...simply saying that he can't prove the camps DON'T exist really says pretty much nothing now, does it?

OK, so what is SF's O-Fishall position here? Do they exist or not? BTW, that first vid (female narrator) was fairly alarming in the context she presented it. Seen in other contexts, other explanations seem plausible with the notable exception on the colored zones and the numbers for lines. Although they could have train maintenance applications. And while train maintenance would require high security, why are the barbed fence elements leaning to the inside?

These are reasonable questions. I want answers dammit!

WH
05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
There was an internet rumor going around that Glen Beck killed a girl in 1992 while drunk driving. no one could prove or disprove it. So by Glen Beck's standards.....he actually did kill a girl in 1992 while driving drunk.

Vincent
05-19-2010, 01:22 PM
There was an internet rumor going around that Glen Beck killed a girl in 1992 while drunk driving. no one could prove or disprove it. So by Glen Beck's standards.....he actually did kill a girl in 1992 while driving drunk.

Shoulda run for Ted's seat. Keep the legacy intact.

Leftoverhard
05-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Sorry, mods. It slipped.

What slipped? The 'n' from your second sentence? The 'apostrophe and and the letter e' from the first sentence? Yeah, I noticed, but I'm sure the mods don't care about your grammar skills. Actually, I don't either.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
What slipped? The 'n' from your second sentence? The 'apostrophe and and the letter e' from the first sentence? Yeah, I noticed, but I'm sure the mods don't care about your grammar skills. Actually, I don't either.

Except as a poor substitute for debating.:noidea:

MACH1
05-19-2010, 03:14 PM

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq278/Repivkrad/grammar-nazi.jpg

Indo
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM

Wow.

Grammar/spelling/usage smack?

This is an internet forum, not English for Illegal Aliens 101

If you truly don't care, why did you bother to post about it?

By the way,
You never bothered to answer this question that I posed to you:

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showpost.php?p=820832&postcount=48

Leftoverhard
05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow - 3 of you guys react to my post within 25 minutes. I guess humor escapes you. He apologized for letting something 'slip.' I just saw a funny tie-in. Get over it.

INDO - I have a really hard time answering your question because your scenario is so convoluted. I also don't like to debate people who start off by accusing me of "playing the race card." I'm sorry - but that sort of thing just shows your ignorance in the matter of race issues altogether. Either you're racist or you aren't. I call it like I see it. There is no race baiting, there is no race card - those terms are just smoke and mirrors.

The hijacking of this thread is on you if your pals decide to pursue this issue - I'm just answering your question in public.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Wow - 3 of you guys react to my post within 25 minutes. I guess humor escapes you.

Nope.....just, perhaps, the most interesting thing you have said since you became a member.

Dont get me wrong...it wasnt interesting by any other standard. But it was the most interesting thing that You have posted.:chuckle:

Indo
05-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow - 3 of you guys react to my post within 25 minutes. I guess humor escapes you. He apologized for letting something 'slip.' I just saw a funny tie-in. Get over it.

INDO - I have a really hard time answering your question because your scenario is so convoluted. I also don't like to debate people who start off by accusing me of "playing the race card." I'm sorry - but that sort of thing just shows your ignorance in the matter of race issues altogether. Either you're racist or you aren't. I call it like I see it. There is no race baiting, there is no race card - those terms are just smoke and mirrors.

The hijacking of this thread is on you if your pals decide to pursue this issue - I'm just answering your question in public.

Actually, you didn't answer the question at all.
The "scenario" is actually something that happens every day of my life. How is that convoluted?
I did not start out by accusing you of playing the race card. I, at the end of my post, merely pointed out that you do.
In your OP in that thread
Arizona won't stop until it has trampled on every brown person in it's path.

By implication---and please don't try to weasel out of that fact---you were implying that Arizona is being racist by "trampling brown people".

Only you are playing with smoke and mirrors by trying to avoid the question. Why is it convoluted when it's about those with Turkish or Arabic accents who are difficult to understand, but it's about "trampling brown people" (racism) when it's about Hispanics who are hard to understand?

OOOH, OOOH,
I know, you'll keep deflecting because that's what you do when it doesn't fit in with your view---that the world and every white person in it is out to get those of color.

OK. Fine.
Another question:

After Hurricane Katrina then Mayor Nagin of New Orleans stood at a podium and said, "We're gonna make this a Chocolate City!"
Was that a racist remark?Spoken by a public official at a public press conference?

(By the way, before you go accusing me of being a racist:
Skin color means absolutely nothing to me. I have spent the better part of my adult life saving the lives of whites, blacks, hispanics, asians without regard to the color of their skin. I have had black girlfriends, Asian girlfriends, and white girlfriends---but no red-heads!)Several of my BEST friends are Black---and they prefer to be called Black rather than African-American). I just take issue with those that make everything about race. It's not. (BTW, my black friends were appalled at the racism Mayor Nagin showed...)
How do you think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have reacted if Kathleen Blanco (an appropo name), then Governor of Louisiana at the time of Katrina, would have proclaimed, "We're gonna make New Orleans a Vanilla City!"

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, to be fair, it IS ironic to be calling someone a moron when it looks like this:

"Git youre facts straaght, Yur a moran"

Vincent
05-19-2010, 05:00 PM
...don't try to weasel out of that fact---you were implying that Arizona is being racist by "trampling brown people".

"Arizona won't stop until it has trampled on every brown person in it's path." I rather doubt that "Arizona" woke up one sunny morning and said "Lets @#$% the 'brown peeps' over". It is they that have been being trampled by the so called "brown people", and they've had enough. Nobody among the idiot left seems to have issues with the crime, murder, rape, and mayhem visited upon the citizens of Arizona. But say anything about it and yer a "racist".

.After Hurricane Katrina then Mayor Nagin of New Orleans stood at a podium and said, "We're gonna make this a Chocolate City!"...

"Katrina" became the disaster it became because the idiot left sat and watched it consume the city. They did nothing. Then once they had their asses handed to them they did what the idiot left always does - blame. Nothing else. Just blame. "Oh boo-@#$%ing hoo!! The racists did this to us".

To your point, the "race card" is a one way street. White folk have to just stand there and take all manner of @#$% because somehow, "everything that is wrong in the world is their fault".. But do anything that is even perceived to upset any "person of color" and all hell's gonna break loose. Message to the crackers - "Just STFU and pay for it".

What did we end up spending on that swamp, $180B?

7SteelGal43
05-19-2010, 06:05 PM

And what does it say about the man if he's constantly flip-flopping on the issue anyway? The conspiracy exists one day, and does not the next, but is back to existing on the third day?

reading comprehension is not your friend.

My major problem I have with this (and several others) poster is the complete inability to EVER make a retraction, to NEVER just simply back up and say "you know what, I was wrong" specially when they are caught red-handed.

In this case, being an apostle of a nut-job is just a little icing on the cake...

:shake01:

43Hitman
05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
My major problem I have with this (and several others) poster is the complete inability to EVER make a retraction, to NEVER just simply back up and say "you know what, I was wrong". Especially when they are caught red-handed.

:toofunny: Comedy gold right there. Really, you should take your show on the road. :rofl:

And yes, I was laughing my ass off before I posted, took a break to type that, and then began laughing my ass off at you again.

tony hipchest
05-19-2010, 07:43 PM
:toofunny:And yes, I was laughing my ass off before I posted, took a break to type that, and then began laughing my ass off at you again. :rofl:

MattsMe
05-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Actually, you didn't answer the question at all.

I wouldn't expect a real answer from SF's resident victim anytime soon.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=817560&postcount=52

The crickets are still chirping in this one.

Leftoverhard
05-20-2010, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't expect a real answer from SF's resident victim anytime soon.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=817560&postcount=52

The crickets are still chirping in this one.

Wow buddy. Victim? Who are you? The only time you ever post is to repeat what someone else said. You're like a sidekick.

As far as your link goes, I never saw that. Of course, it looks like I misspoke, or rather I wrote something hastily and didn't proof read. I also don't troll the boards as well as you.

Who do I apologize to, you? How about I apologize to you and you deliver the message to your master. I'm so sorry MattsMe, whoever you are, I wrote something wrong, how will you ever forgive me?

As far as your simplistic viewpoint of me as a victim, let's see you Sherlock Holmes that one. Get busy, it's past midnight already.

MattsMe
05-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Wow buddy. Victim? Who are you? The only time you ever post is to repeat what someone else said. You're like a sidekick.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

My laughter only hides the tears. :coffee:

No, I take that back. It's just plain funny.

revefsreleets
05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
:shake01:

I'm making this even simpler for the people who here may have difficulty even reading.

The video shows Beck unable to debunk Obama's "camps", then retracting, then mentioning it again as if they are real.

Seriously, this is simple: Beck is a kook. There are NO Obama FEMA camps. But Beck can't seem to make up his mind if this ridiculously stupid conspiracy is real or not. And, ironically, I'M the one being mocked for calling this effing whackjob (and his equally kooky followers) to the mat. But, then again, it's the same few people who basically take the opposite view of EVERYTHING I post, so credibility is a real issue there...

Seriously, Kool Aid drinkers, it's called critical thinking. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Vincent
05-20-2010, 09:48 AM

As far as your link goes, I never saw that. Of course, it looks like I misspoke, or rather I wrote something hastily and didn't proof read. I also don't troll the boards as well as you.

Who do I apologize to, you? How about I apologize to you and you deliver the message to your master. I'm so sorry MattsMe, whoever you are, I wrote something wrong, how will you ever forgive me?

As far as your simplistic viewpoint of me as a victim, let's see you Sherlock Holmes that one. Get busy, it's past midnight already.

"I never saw that. Of course, it looks like I misspoke, or rather I wrote something hastily and didn't proof read." That is a remarkable string of words. Was that some sort of "out of body" experience? But rather than waste time in analysis, lets just skip to the obvious conclusion - mental illness.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showpost.php?p=816445&postcount=11

You said what you intended to say. It was the centerpiece of that post. You then denied it several times, and again, even when your statement AND your denial of same were presented side by side.

You tried to impugn "straight, white, Christian, mentally fit men" as the bane of all humankind and you couldn't pull it off. So you did what all sniveling leftists do when they're caught in hollow leftist sniveling - you lied. You reduced yourself to your own characiture.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showpost.php?p=816538&postcount=15

Then you changed my words (from "the left" to "black people") when you quoted me. You were so intoxicated in your desperation to impugn that you did what all sniveling leftists do when trying to make a "point", you lied. You deliberately changed the words of another. You lied. I realize that it's impossible for a leftist to make a point without lying because leftism is a lie, but at least try. You look ridiculous.

No, don't apologize. An apology from a liar is but another lie. It merely exacerbates the lie. Now, go to your room. :flap:

Indo
05-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm guessing, Lefty, that asking you to answer legitimate questions is just a waste of my time, right? Because you seem to ignore those questions that might actually point out that you're being hypocritical. Or you just call them "convoluted", as if that means that the questions are not worthy of your answers.

Which is it? The questions are not worthy of your time or the answers to the questions might just point out that you're being a hypocrite?

OOPS!!

I just asked more questions, didn't I?
I guess you won't answer those, either.

And to think that I actually gave you credit enough to think that you may be someone that could participate in an adult conversation---one that wasn't encumbered by the illusion of political correctness.
My bad.

WH
05-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Dino, by calling them ''stories'' you're giving away how old you are.

Vincent
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Ok, here's my take, most of you know, and if you don't, I lean conservative...

This is a good line-up to "weigh in" on Dino. The line-up is all what would be called "to the right". There are just as many, no actually more that are "to the left". The ones "to the right" are recognized as such, the left isn't. "Mainstream" America thinks they're "news" and tends to take their words as "objective" reportage.

I'll make a position statement, then go in a different order. Ideology tends to frame what we say. All of the below are ideologues, as are their leftist counterparts. Recognize that that is what they are and that that frames what they say. If you don't, proceed at your own peril.

Rush - is an unashamed occupier of his audience's time for the purpose of charging "confiscatory rates" to advertisers. That is what he does. That is his business. That has made him his fortune. Ask him. He will tell you so. He has to this point been an unyielding conservative and, to the extent to which the Republicans serve that interest, a Republican mouthpiece. He is amusing. He makes no apology for who he is or what he believes. He is documented to "be right" 99.something% of the time. He is superb at his craft. He effectively defined his genre, and paved the way for the "also rans". He severely pisses off leftists on a daily basis, so as far as I'm concerned we should name a carrier after him.

Hannity started out following Rush in Atlanta, and as such was a sort of "Rush wannabe" bordering on Rush "jock sniffer". He has evolved into his own man having made the jump to NY and national syndication. I agree entirely with Dino's earlier assessment - he's relatively objective and "fair" in his dealings with the left. I have little patience for Hannity because he is little more than a Republican news reel. :yawn:

O'Reilly is as conservative as I am liberal. His show is a show, nothing more. It follows his earlier "news magazine" caliber of "presentation". Rush calls him "Ted Baxter". Nothing to add to that.

Beck, I don't have much experience with. The dial is rich with material that grabs me more than Beck. His radio seems to me to be a conservative version of Howard Stern, sans filth. TV. I haven't a clue. But I hear he's a real whack job. Is that what I'm supposed to be saying here?

Michael Savage is somebody I don't get to listen to often but when I have, he's really fun. I like him because his commentary descends from his extraordinarily diverse background and experience, and he pulls no punches.

Laura Ingraham is pleasant and level headed, if a tad uninspiring.

I freekin love Andrew Wilkow and Mike Church. Take no prisoners.

The following are betrayed by the size of their audiences. Sorry you people, its a business.

Olbermann is, well... I can't say "it" any better than Ben Affleck did, so... http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/countdown-with-keith-olbermann/805561/

Maddow. Seriously? Has anybody ever seen Maddow and Olbermann at the same time in the same place? No. No they haven't.

Matthews. Anybody that says that a candidate "sent something warm up my leg" has eliminated himself from further consideration.

Cooper is another commentator.

Did I miss anybody?

urgle burgle
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
evyryone listens to things that some might find objectionable, or not to their taste. some are batshit crazy. this goes for the choices of movies, mucis, literature. its called choice, and hopefully discernment. i listen to everything and anyone. i have experienc with them all, to include maddow and olbermann, and yes, since this is the topic, beck. i despise maddow and olbermann. many moons ago i tried to listen to air america. i gave it up, not just because most were batshit crazy, but because, they were not entertaining. randi rhodes was, for a minute, but her insanity got boring. the point is, you listen or like what you like. their can be bits of information to be gleaned from all sources. its a check on the other side. even olberman and maddow have some decent info if you can bear their inanety to get through to it. george norey, whos point is to deal with conspiracies, is very entertaining. and hes got a good radio voice. most of his stuff is batshit crazy, but interesting, and in researching, has led to some interesting information. most, if any, never pans out. but it gives food for thought.

a guey whos not national that i really liked when i was in arizona, was the "nearly famous" barry yound. good show. entertaining. michael medved is very intellectual with his show. its a good show, ususally, and a different swing from most of the others.

anyway, thats my take.