PDA

View Full Version : Report: Revis wants $20M a year from Jets

BlastFurnace
05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Report: Revis wants $20M a year from Jets

Darrelle Revis is seeking an average annual salary that exceeds $20 million per year, according to Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

In other words, Revis wants to be one of the highest paid players in NFL history, quarterbacks included. The Raiders signed Nnamdi Asomugha to a record three-year, $45.3 million deal last offseason and Revis wants to blow that out of the water. As Lombardi says, "this will not be an easy contract to get done, especially anytime soon." May. 16 - 8:56 am et

www.rotoworld.com

Psyychoward86
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
:sofunny:

Just when i thought id seen it all

:rofl::toofunny:

fansince'76
05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
:jawdrop: :yikes:

X-Terminator
05-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Well, you can thank Al Davis, once again, for blowing the salary structure out of the water.

Will the old man just go away already? :banging:

tony hipchest
05-16-2010, 09:36 PM
better their problem than ours.

this is the diva drama we saved ourselves by dumping holmes. good move rooneys! :thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
05-16-2010, 09:40 PM
There isn't a player on the Steelers I would pay $20 Million a season.

XxKnightxX
05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::toofunny:

THIS IS WHAT MIKE TANNENBAUM IS DOING RIGHT NOW

:finger::finger::finger::finger::flipoff::flipoff: ............................NO

Way to Show loyalty to the fans on your first year of your new stadium.

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
For all the Pete Kendalls, Thomas Jonesí, and Alan Fanecaís, there is Nick Mangold, David Harris and Darrelle Revis.

Hopefully the Jets can realize there is a major difference between the first three and the last three.

Well, part of the last three is starting to bring things to a boil.

Revis, due to make $1 million this year, has stated that the Jets had promised to give him a new deal before the season started. ďThatís their word. Thatís what they said,Ē said Revis. ďIf you go back on your word, itís a problem.Ē

ughh. This is the last thing Rex Ryan and the Jets need. Just sign this guy. Soon. If the Jets arenít careful here, Revis Island could be relocated to New England and shutting down the Jets for years to come. Although Revis has two years left of his contract, letís be honest. This is the way things work in the NFL where contracts arenít guaranteed. Plus, throw in the fact that the Jets allegedly promised a new deal and something has to get done quickly here.

Whatís that, Mr. Mangold? You have something to say too?

ďItís a sense of security for me,Ē Mangold said. ďI donít want to blow out a knee or do anything else drastic and not be able to continue on the way I want to. Itís a big thing of having security coming into this year. Iíd love to get something done before the season.Ē

Oh, Mr. Harris, you want to add something?

Leon Washington was ďa great pro bowl player and he had a freak injury. You never want to be in a situation like that. Everyone wants a sense of stability, so you donít have to worry about that.Ē

I wonder if those three noticed the money given to LT and JT?
CHAAACHIIIING ...:doh:

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Titans' Chris Johnson Wants a New Contract

Tennessee Titans runningback Chris Johnson has made it known that he thinks he should be the highest paid offensive player.

Currently he has a five-year deal worth $12 million. This sounds like a lot, but Peyton Manning, the currently highest paid offensive player, is making $15 million this year alone. Johnson is set to make $550,000.

Johnson is holding out of mandatory workouts, but he didn't come to those last year either. It's also not as easy as just paying Johnson the money he thinks he is owed.

Due to the uncapped year, there is a restriction on how much of a raise a player can be given. The number is set at 30%. That means Johnson's salary at max could be $3.12 million a year. However, he can make as much signing bonus money as the team will give him.

The question isn't whether or not last year's Offensive Player of the Year deserves to make more than $550,000; The question is how the Titans should go about this situation.

Should they give him a $2.5 million raise and then pay him a huge signing bonus making him one of the league's top paid players, or should they make him honor his contract this year and pay him a substantial amount over time once the league has a cap again?

I personally believe they should pay him once they have a salary cap. I don't think he should be paid more than Peyton Manning, as the career longevity of a quarterback is much longer than that of a runningback. If he performs as well as he did this year, I would suggest making him the highest paid running back, but no higher than that.
:toofunny:

steelreserve
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Protip: If you demand a salary that is twice the amount of the franchise tag ... you're going to get the franchise tag instead.

Maybe you'll also get laughed at and get the franchise tag five seasons in a row until your skills start to decline.

steelerdude15
05-16-2010, 10:48 PM
That's absolutely stupid. Way too much money for anyone to get.

Galax Steeler
05-17-2010, 03:47 AM
I feel better now that we didn't draft him no one is worth that kind of money.

AllD
05-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Maybe in 10 years that salary will be within a reasonable range. Right now he and his agent should be drug tested.

polamalubeast
05-17-2010, 07:00 AM
JETS

Good luck:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofu nny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofu nny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofu nny::toofunny:

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Edman
05-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Is this a joke? If he really means it, then good luck with that, Darrelle.

Not to mention, the Jets also have to eat Holmes' upcoming new contract. Tannebaum all of the sudden doesn't look like a big genius anymore in the Big Apple.

All I have to say is the Jets better live up to expectations this year, it's not going to be pretty if they don't.

43Hitman
05-17-2010, 07:31 AM
You know Santonio is going to want big money too. This is what happens when you splurge in FA, it gives the impression to the rest of the team that you have tons of cash, and they all want a piece of that.

Indo
05-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Is anyone still questioning the way the Rooneys do business?....
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Didn't think so.

Maybe we can pick up Revis in a year---when the J-E-T-S release him.
For vet minimun, of course :popcorn:

revefsreleets
05-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Will this affect the Jets 15-1 season?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-17-2010, 11:11 AM
$20M a year? :jerkit:

Psyychoward86
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
not really that ridiculous

St33lersguy
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I may be wrong but I think even Peyton Manning gets that much a year. Certainly way too much money for a CB

BlastFurnace
05-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Will this affect the Jets 15-1 season?

Good one Revs

Nadroj 20
05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Dude i know your the best corner in the league and one of the best defenders period but WOW....greedy much?

steelreserve
05-17-2010, 08:15 PM

Yeah it is, when they can tag him for half of what he's asking. I hope it happens too, just to teach him a lesson.

I mean, as much as paying someone $10M a year can be called "teaching them a lesson."

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2010, 08:59 PM

sure it is. 5 other players in the history of the game broke the 2000 yd mark. ... none of them ever repeated it. only oj simpson and eric dickerson broke the 1600 yd mark after the 2000 yd season...

oj - 6 years broke 1600 yds 1 time
dickerson 9 years.................2 times
sanders ....1 year ..................0
davis .........3 years.................0
lewis..........6 years.................0

tony hipchest
05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
this just in-

People in Hell Want Ice Water

....news at 11:00.

Fire Haley
05-18-2010, 08:34 AM
ha ha

That's what Rex gets for telling the whole world that Revis is the best thing since sliced bread.

Maybe Mangold will want some of that too.

But hey, if Haynesworth can get 100mil, then Revis should give it a shot.

Steeldude
05-19-2010, 08:28 AM
no player is worth 20 mil a year. no player is worth 5 mil a year either.

atlsteelers
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
the raiders pay asomugha 15 million per year; so revis is about right to start his higher.

Fire Haley
05-19-2010, 10:57 AM

How much is Ben worth?

43Hitman
05-19-2010, 11:00 AM
How much is Ben worth?

How many shots can he buy us?

Fire Haley
05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Ben don't buy guys drinks - haven't you been paying attention?

steelax04
05-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Ben don't buy guys drinks - haven't you been paying attention?

Unless you have a good looking set of moobs...

memphissteelergirl
05-19-2010, 04:26 PM
this just in-

People in Hell Want Ice Water

....news at 11:00.

Nicely done, sir

Psyychoward86
05-19-2010, 05:09 PM

we would be in deep shit if we were unwilling to pay anyone 5mil per year.

No Max Starks, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger, Casey Hampton, and Troy Polamalu ftw?

im glad you arent running the team

Psyychoward86
05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
we would be in deep shit if we were unwilling to pay anyone 5mil per year.

No Max Starks, James Harrison, Ben Roethlisberger, Casey Hampton, and Troy Polamalu ftw?

im glad you arent running the team

Good answer