PDA

View Full Version : Arizona is threatening to boycott Los Angeles by cutting off their electricity

Venom
05-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Arizona is threatening to boycott Los Angeles by cutting off their electricity . You have to love Arizona . But one thing , whatever you do Arizona , please not now . The Suns are playing the Lakers in L.A. tonight.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/19/arizona-official-threatens-cut-los-angeles-power-payback-boycott/

stlrtruck
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
AThe Suns are playing the Lakers in L.A. tonight.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/19/arizona-official-threatens-cut-los-angeles-power-payback-boycott/

This would be a classic time to do it. Just as Kobe is going up for the game winning shot, BOOM - lights go out! :toofunny: :rofl:

steeldawg
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I may move to arizona

MACH1
05-19-2010, 03:18 PM
This would be a classic time to do it. Just as Kobe is going up for the game winning shot, BOOM - lights go out! :toofunny: :rofl:

Could be worse, they could cut to 'Heidi'. :chuckle:

Next cut off the water. :noidea:

SteelersinCA
05-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I live in Southern California and I think that is awesome!! Go AZ. It has nothing to do with the law, I'm more in favor of it because it fights dumb, idiotic politicians that jump on whatever high profile ship is sailing by. Cut their power and watch them squirm. Do it to SF too!!

Indo
05-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I live in Southern California and I think that is awesome!! Go AZ. It has nothing to do with the law, I'm more in favor of it because it fights dumb, idiotic politicians that jump on whatever high profile ship is sailing by. Cut their power and watch them squirm. Do it to SF too!!

I actually like SF (as a city)
Can they just do it to Pelosi's home? And all her stuff?

What?! What?! What?!
What do you mean my plug-in vibrator won't work?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
http://www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/pelosi-nancy.jpg

NJarhead
05-19-2010, 03:58 PM
I actually like SF (as a city)
Can they just do it to Pelosi's home? And all her stuff?

What?! What?! What?!
What do you mean my plug-in vibrator won't work?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
http://www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/pelosi-nancy.jpg

I think I just found a new face for my dartboard, thanks! :drink:

klick81
05-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Go for it. LA will be fine.

NJarhead
05-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Go for it. LA will be fine.

You nuts? LA Riots at the drop of a hat.

Venom
05-19-2010, 04:14 PM
What , riots in Los Angeles ? Say it ain't so .:thumbsup:

NJarhead
05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
What , riots in Los Angeles ? Say it ain't so .:thumbsup:
:chuckle:

Blackout - La Riots

Displeasure with trial results - LA Riots

Pleasure with trial results - LA Riots

Lakers win - LA Riots.

I'd hate to think what would happen if the Lakers won AND they had a black out.

:couch:

SteelerEmpire
05-19-2010, 04:34 PM
That would be great... I sell solar and wind energy to the LA area market... Arizona cutting off that flow of electricity to LA would be just what I need... ha ha....

NJarhead
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
That would be great... I sell solar and wind energy to the LA area market... Arizona cutting off that flow of electricity to LA would be just what I need... ha ha....

I'd help fund your sales trip if you promised not to sell anything to the Berkeley residents up north. :wink02:

Fire Haley
05-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Do it! Do it! Do it!

They won't need to actually shut off all the power - just a few random power outages 3-6 pm everyday, when it's the hottest - that will get their attention.

Then it's Colorado's turn to pass a similar immigration bill.... and when Mexifornia boycotts them - cut off their water.

The Patriot
05-20-2010, 01:32 AM
This will never happen. It would only take a couple LA hospital horror stories to get someone in AZ indicted.

MACH1
05-20-2010, 01:34 AM
This will never happen. It would only take a couple LA hospital horror stories to get someone in AZ indicted.

That's why they have generators.

The Patriot
05-20-2010, 03:42 AM
That's why they have generators.

They have fire extinguishers too, but I don't think they like to use them.

Galax Steeler
05-20-2010, 05:00 AM
You nuts? LA Riots at the drop of a hat.

Maybe they could find Al Davis's house and drag him off some where.:rofl:

Venom
05-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Heres the actual letter to Los Angeles

http://www.azcc.gov/commissioners/Pierce/Documents/5-18-10.pdf

:thumbsup:

GoSlash27
05-20-2010, 07:25 AM
haha I love it! :applaudit:

La-la land had this coming.

xfl2001fan
05-20-2010, 08:20 AM
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox8/TQVF1D72DMRHKO5K1

Apparently Columbus OH has joined in on the stupidity. City mayor won't send officials there anymore. (Why are our city officials there to begin with?)

steeldawg
05-20-2010, 08:28 AM

Well dont you think LA should consider that before they boycott the state providing a portion of their electricity.

SteelerEmpire
05-20-2010, 09:04 AM
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox8/TQVF1D72DMRHKO5K1

Apparently Columbus OH has joined in on the stupidity. City mayor won't send officials there anymore. (Why are our city officials there to begin with?)

Seattle, Boston, Oakland and there is a list of others that has boycotted as well. I guess if the boycotts don't work... they intend to use the military option next.

MACH1
05-20-2010, 09:10 AM
The problem with these "boycotts" is their hurting "brown people" also. How many could lose jobs, income or whatnot from these imbeciles and their boycotts.

The Patriot
05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Well dont you think LA should consider that before they boycott the state providing a portion of their electricity.

Like I said, I doubt any of these planned boycotts are anything more than political posturing during an election year.

Indo
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Like I said, I doubt any of these planned boycotts are anything more than political posturing during an election year.

Either that, or it's gonna fuel the next Civil War!

Instead of the North vs. the South we will have the Border Isolationists vs. the Boycotters!

2 new flags; people setting up their lawnchairs to watch the battles all whilst sipping lemonade and Sazeracs to the tunes of "Mexicali Go Home" and "Arizona you Racist Bastards"!

(I'm moving to the islands...)

MasterOfPuppets
05-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Either that, or it's gonna fuel the next Civil War!

Instead of the North vs. the South we will have the Border Isolationists vs. the Boycotters!

2 new flags; people setting up their lawnchairs to watch the battles all whilst sipping lemonade and Sazeracs to the tunes of "Mexicali Go Home" and "Arizona you Racist Bastards"!

(I'm moving to the islands...)

but who will pick the lemons ??? ...:willy:

Indo
05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
but who will pick the lemons ??? ...:willy:

Damn!

I didn't think of that

Switch to Iced Tea and Mint Juleps!

(I'm still moving to the islands----and I'm gonna start drinking LOTS of rum :alcohol:)
Can I get Sunday NFL Ticket down there?

smokin3000gt
05-20-2010, 04:38 PM

Don't hospitals have generators and other measures in place? If they malfunction it is not a AZ's fault.

The Patriot
05-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't hospitals have generators and other measures in place? If they malfunction it is not a AZ's fault.

Yes, but is boycotting a state or shutting down the power for the second largest city in America really the most productive way to settle dissension over immigration reform laws?

MasterOfPuppets
05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes, but is boycotting a state or shutting down the power for the second largest city in America really the most productive way to settle dissension over immigration reform laws?

nope...... this is.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9232/cagem.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/i/cagem.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

NJarhead
05-20-2010, 05:37 PM

The first time you touched a hot stove and burned your hand, did you learn not to mess with the hot stove in the future?

L.A. leaders want to act like a bunch of hippy bitches? Then I say make them suffer like a bunch of hippy bitches. They'll learn.

:coffee:

Fire Haley
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Isn't treason an impeachable offense?

Obama Sides With Mexico Against Arizona Immigration Law

WASHINGTON -- Confronting soaring frustration over illegal immigration, President Barack Obama on Wednesday condemned Arizona's crackdown and pushed instead for a federal fix the nation could embrace. He said that will never happen without Republican support, pleading: "I need some help."

In asking anew for an immigration overhaul, Obama showed solidarity with his guest of honor, Mexican President Felipe Calderon, who called Arizona's law discriminatory and warned Mexico would reject any effort to "criminalize migration." The United States and Mexico share a significant economic and political relationship that stands to be damaged the more the nations are at odds over immigration, which affects millions of people on both sides of the border.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/immigration-arizona-mexico-calderon/2010/05/19/id/359570

MasterOfPuppets
05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
The first time you touched a hot stove and burned your hand, did you learn not to mess with the hot stove in the future?

L.A. leaders want to act like a bunch of hippy bitches? Then I say make them suffer like a bunch of hippy bitches. They'll learn.

:coffee:
at least one city in california still has some sense....

Costa Mesa declares itself a 'rule of law' community
The City Council resolution states that the central Orange County town 'is not a sanctuary city' and will uphold immigration laws.

The Costa Mesa City Council has voted unanimously to declare itself a "rule of law" community, further widening the divide over illegal immigration in the central Orange County city.

This week's resolution follows an April news conference in which Mayor Allan Mansoor called for stricter regulations to catch illegal immigrants living, working and driving in the city.

Costa Mesa has sought for several years to reduce the number of illegal immigrants within its borders by regulating day laborers, asking police to check the immigration status of people they stop and limiting the number of soccer fields in parks.
oh wait ....you mean they've been racial profiling all these years and we haven't heard about it ?:huh:

Mansoor said before Tuesday's meeting that the resolution "states that Costa Mesa is not a sanctuary city" and will uphold immigration laws.

Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox.

The resolution passed despite pleas from community members. No one in the audience spoke in favor of it.

"Immigrants are part of America," Silvia Hernandez told the council. "We work, pay taxes, go to church and participate in our communities. We need a solution that brings people out of the shadows."

"Americans across the political spectrum agree that our immigration system needs fixing," said Keturah Kennedy. "It is unrealistic to deport the 12 million undocumented residents of our country. Workable solutions must include a realistic pathway to citizenship for those who are currently working, paying taxes and learning English. We need all the residents of Costa Mesa to have full economic and civic participation to help our city thrive."

Mansoor dismissed residents' comments as reckless, adding that they do not reflect "what's being introduced tonight." He said the resolution was aimed at setting the tone for a strong anti-illegal immigration policy both now and in the future.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/orange/la-me-0520-costa-mesa-immigration-20100520,0,1063418.story?track=rss

Vincent
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM

This isn't about anything tangible like action or reaction. Its posturing. Its posing. Its a temper tantrum. "Consider" means somebody has to think beyond "how do I look?". This is El Lay saying to AZ "Ooooo. Ooooo you! I'm so mad, I could pull your hair". Nobody gave a second's thought beyond that.

Watch as other states line up to do the same as AZ just as they are doing in response to "health care". You won't hear another squeak out of El Lay.

Vincent
05-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Isn't treason an impeachable offense?

Yes. It is. It is my earnest hope that the leadership of the 112th Congress has the treason of the 111th and the current occupant of the White House on their agenda. Their asses need to be baked. We haven't had a good TV "series" since, well, since the clinton impeachment.

:popcorn: