PDA

View Full Version : Six Rings! Looks like we`re the .....

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 05:48 PM
...... favorites to get six first. San Francisco is terrible, I don`t see them in the running for years. Dallas isn`t as good as everyone thinks Parcells is. And we are young, and reigning Super Bowl Champs. Any thoughts????????//
Just think we were Neil Odonnel, away from winning another.
Although I`m sure Indy will be the favorites to win it all this season.

Lambert
02-08-2006, 05:54 PM
...... favorites to get six first. San Francisco is terrible, I don`t see them in the running for years. Dallas isn`t as good as everyone thinks Parcells is. And we are young, and reigning Super Bowl Champs. Any thoughts????????//
Hey, we were 1st to get 4, so why not?

augustashark
02-08-2006, 05:56 PM
I agree, Dallas I don't think has the O to get it done! SF is just plain bad right now and I would say 3 or 4 years away.

If we can keep Ben healthy and we don't have major injuries, then I can see us being right at the top for years to come! UFA'S always play a part also but if history tells us anything is that we draft well and develop our young talent! That to me is the key to sucess and right now we have it!

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 05:56 PM
And we have always double up our Super Bowl victories! So bring on six!

Steve_Courson's_Liver
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
And we have always double up our Super Bowl victories! So bring on six!

LOL... thats true. I live in AZ (Superbowl here in 2008), so I hope they eiter win 3 in a row, or skip next year and take a break. 3 in a row sounds better though.

shevdog
02-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Don't we get Super Bowls in pairs?

Don't stone me for suggesting this... I'd like to the the 49'ers get to Super Bowl XLI along with the Steelers and have the Steelers crush both the 49'ers and the Niner's perfect Super Bowl record.

Yet that suggestion aside, I think the Steelers can get their 6th next year. If not definately before the Cowgirls and Niners can. I'll wait a couple weeks to make any predictions, since I have a severe case of Steelers Fever at the moement. Seeing that doctor in downtown Pittsburgh yesterday only made it worse!

Koopa
02-08-2006, 06:23 PM
i'm actually hoping it's a steelers vs. cowboys superbowl next year. damn i'd have so much braging rights down here it would be freakin great lol.

anyway yeah we do have the best chance of winning six, i don't see the 9ers winning anything in the next 10 years, and the cowboys are pretty good espically since they are in the nfc. they got the D, now they just need a wr and a qb and they could compete with the best in the nfc. but i doubt parcells takes them, it'll probably be after he leaves

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I`ll take the Steelers over anyone, but to go along with my man Koopa, we owe dallas another whoopin!

Lambert
02-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I`ll take the Steelers over anyone, but to go along with my man Koopa, we owe dallas another whoopin!
100% I agree, smash Dallas

SteelerFanInATL
02-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey, we were 1st to get 4, so why not?

I was just thinking about that earlier today that we could be the first to win six SB's.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 09:18 PM
OMG yeah if you put it between us 3..there is little doubt we are the odds on favorite to reach 6 first.

the 49ers will be lucky to reach 6 wins in the next 2 seasons combined..and dallas is so wishy washy u never know what you'll get .

shevdog
02-08-2006, 10:27 PM

I like that thought! I'm sick of my Cowboys friends telling me that they got 5 before the Steelers did. Besides, the Super Bowl isn't the same without the Cowboys there to beat on.

4xSBChamps
02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I think the Steelers can get their 6th next year. If not definately before the Cowgirls and Niners can.
I'm sure that if in February of 1980, you'd have said that the 49ers would get a 5th Lombardi Trophy before the Stillers, you'd have been laughed out of town:
it isn't as-easy as some might think.
:nono:

I'd think that 2 more in the next 5 seasons wouldn't be too-bad, and entirely-possible:
much more than that, in this era of free-agency, is asking a bit-much, I think.
:hunch:

WeNowHave5
02-08-2006, 11:00 PM

we had a cowboy fan at our party. MOFO was hatin on the stillers big time. At the end I reminded him that we had 5 rings too and we will get 6 before his Boys do

WeNowHave5
02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm sure that if in February of 1980, you'd have said that the 49ers would get a 5th Lombardi Trophy before the Stillers, you'd have been laughed out of town:
it isn't as-easy as some might think.
:nono:

I'd think that 2 more in the next 5 seasons wouldn't be too-bad, and entirely-possible:
much more than that, in this era of free-agency, is asking a bit-much, I think.
:hunch:

I agree. Who would have thought that Dan Marino would never be returning to the Big Game? BTW, I've always been curious as to what the City of Pittsburgh thinks about Dan Marino? Is he a stand up guy? I live in South Fl and alot of people seem think he's a jerk. But I know that he has donated alot of money to help kids.

OX1947
02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Man, we were up 4 on the niners and 2 on dallas after 1980. I hope we can get 6. I think we have the potnetial to do what the Pats did. Young QB, good nucleus, if we can get 2 or 3 in the next 2 or 3 years, 7 or 8 Super bowls puts us in the catagory of the yankees and the lakers.