PDA

View Full Version : If YOU could play for the Steelers... What Position Would It Be ?

SteelerEmpire
05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
.... and why.... It would be Wide Receiver for me... because I still think till this day I can catch a pass in the dark, upside down and in a rain storm... I had the most fun growing up playing WR... I LOVED to see that look on defender's faces when I used to burn them on a deep pass.... :rofl::rofl::rofl: .... I think I could give Wallace and Ward a run for the #1 post.... ha ha....

--------------------------------------------
In a few weeks I will tell you WHY I posted this...:wink02:

XxKnightxX
05-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Offensive Line, being a realist and honestly I loved and took pride in playing offensive line. I used to shut down the man up on me I played both Tackles and Center but being a realist with my height id be a better fit at center. Id be motivated to fill in Dermottis, Mike Websters, or Jeff Hartings shoes.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-21-2010, 10:48 PM
MLB - I played MLB and DE in high school. Was a lot better at MLB than DE. Came from a small school where we all had to play offense,defense,and special teams.

C - Because I think I might be able to do a better job than Justin Hartwig (j/k...bad joke)...Seriously though-- I think I had the most fun playing at Center. By the time I hit Junior Varisity, I was kinda undersized for a lineman (being about 140 then, by comparison, the meatball LG next to me was about 165-ish, and the obese bastid to my right was pushing 180) and I always got the biggest, fattest, ugliest person on the other team across the line from me, usually growling and putting on a big show before each snap.

Most folks who never played Center, would think that having to snap the ball would be a disadvantage. Quite the opposite, it gave me the first jump, and the needed burst to hit the fat fxxker across from me before he even got out of his stance. Doesn't matter how big they are-- if you get low under their pads, and keep your legs chugging-- they will go wherever you want them to. And guaranteed, the growling and big talk before each snap stops quickly...

devilsdancefloor
05-21-2010, 11:18 PM
LB that is what i played for 3 yrs in high school and my senior i played SS. As steeler empire stated about the defends eyes i too relished the look on the WR eyes when i knocked them into next week.

KeiselPower99
05-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Id be the pure FB we have been wanting around here since Arians ran Kreider outta town.

steel9guy
05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
OLB-Blitzburgh

Psyychoward86
05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Cornerback, so i can show William Gay how it's not done

steelreserve
05-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Nose tackle, because then I could gain 100 pounds and nobody would accuse me of being a fatass. In fact, they'd probably think it was good if I gained another 20 pounds on top of that. I could basically sit around eating burritos and drinking beer for six straight months in the offseason just to stay at my ideal playing weight.

Shea
05-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I would be either a left or right tackle.

That way when Heath lines up next to me, I could easily reach over to grab his ass.

wootawnee
05-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Punter, Head hunter, MLB in 70's 4-3, safety, Fullback.........

JEFF4i
05-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Played FS and QB in school, so either of those.

Wallace108
05-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Definitely no position that requires catching, throwing, tackling, or running. I'm thinking I could coach. :thumbsup:

MACH1
05-22-2010, 02:04 AM
Owner.

What........:chuckle:

MattsMe
05-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Ben's wing man. :chuckle:

HometownGal
05-22-2010, 05:00 AM
CB or S. I'd love to make turf pizzas out of opponents. :banana:

Galax Steeler
05-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Outside Linebacker so I could slam Brady, Palmer and Flaco into the turf.

Rick5895
05-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Guard or LB for me, just to line up at one of those spots for 1 play of 1 practice would be awesome.

solardave
05-22-2010, 05:34 AM
MLB - I played MLB and DE in high school. Was a lot better at MLB than DE. Came from a small school where we all had to play offense,defense,and special teams.

C - Because I think I might be able to do a better job than Justin Hartwig (j/k...bad joke)...Seriously though-- I think I had the most fun playing at Center. By the time I hit Junior Varisity, I was kinda undersized for a lineman (being about 140 then, by comparison, the meatball LG next to me was about 165-ish, and the obese bastid to my right was pushing 180) and I always got the biggest, fattest, ugliest person on the other team across the line from me, usually growling and putting on a big show before each snap.

Most folks who never played Center, would think that having to snap the ball would be a disadvantage. Quite the opposite, it gave me the first jump, and the needed burst to hit the fat fxxker across from me before he even got out of his stance. Doesn't matter how big they are-- if you get low under their pads, and keep your legs chugging-- they will go wherever you want them to. And guaranteed, the growling and big talk before each snap stops quickly...

Now that's a Steeler mentality!!:tt04:

solardave
05-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Safety. I never played anything but pickup ball until I was well into my 30s but still ran a 4.5 forty at age 32 and I had a lot of ints. I was playing in a league in Dallas when I was 32 and was invited to play in a semi-pro league. that was one of my better days just to be asked. I also loved to lay out slober knockers as Madden put it.

pete74
05-22-2010, 05:43 AM
i have always played LB. i love hitting people, especially the QB

gameface75
05-22-2010, 06:25 AM
DT, DE then I could have a shot at that prick tom brady.

AllD
05-22-2010, 06:51 AM
WR- I am a tall sprinter with good hands. I don't want to run the slot though.

fansince'76
05-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Definitely no position that requires catching, throwing, tackling, or running. I'm thinking I could coach. :thumbsup:

Same here. :chuckle:

Kindjunior
05-22-2010, 07:42 AM
LB so I could express my dissatisfaction with Tom Bradys cheating. CRUNCH

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I would probably want to play ILB. I love hitting and tackling, plus I could then double as the long snapper.

Long snapper would be a great retirement gig too. Snap the ball, make $800k and up for only being in on a dozen plays a game.

stillers4me
05-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Massage therapist.

vasteeler
05-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I would be either a left or right tackle.

That way when Heath lines up next to me, I could easily reach over to grab his ass.

careful, you may get suspended for 6 games

steelerdude15
05-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Either QB or FS, that would be pretty cool.

StainlessStill
05-22-2010, 11:39 AM
I played a tweener outside linebacker/defensive end in high school and college (both a defensive captain.)

I was good at run support and also a good pass rusher, but in highschool, teams rarely drop back and throw it 20 times a game so my main role was to take on blocking fullbacks as well as pulling guards and tightends.

I was only 200 pounds playing the position but was 2nd on the team at solo tackles behind our strong safety who played up in the box. So I guess I'd translate into a pass rushing outside backer in passing situations or line over the tightened to fill gap containment, so outside backer/defensive end tweener.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Free safety.

I never played organized tackle football, but when I played pickup games that's what I played. I could ballhawk like Ed Reed and lay the wood like Ryan Clark back then. I would love to have Crotcho Stinko come over the middle and have my shoulder meet his helmet.

Godfather
05-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Safety. That's what I make myself in video games.

Like Roethlisburgher, I never played organized football but I average one interception per game in pickup games. Plus I'd be a good special teamer--last pickup game I played I took out two opposing players with one block on a kick return.

urgle burgle
05-22-2010, 02:06 PM
kicker,

you can act eccentric, drink like a champion, wear weird hair, beat up towel dispensers, and not have to work out. stay in the league with little effort for a million years, get overpaid, and still win games. would change my name, al ocho cinco, to say "tool" on my jersey. yep sir, thats me.

polamalubeast
05-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Owner.

What........:chuckle:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

polamalubeast
05-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Outside Linebacker so I could slam Brady, Palmer and Flaco into the turf.

:thumbsup::hug::tt03::helmet:

polamalubeast
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I would like to be the offensive coordinator.

Wallace108
05-22-2010, 02:40 PM
I would like to be the offensive coordinator.

You're hired!!!!

SMR
05-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Running back.

'nuff said.

BKAnthem
05-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I played CB and FS in HS...But i think i would have made a good cover corner..

polamalubeast
05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
You're hired!!!!

I'm not sure you would love me because I'd like Mike Martz.:toofunny:

Prok
05-22-2010, 05:36 PM
WR- I am a tall sprinter with good hands. I don't want to run the slot though.

WR here too. Except i would love the slot. My 6' 185 pound build would suit me well there. I played WR from pee wee on up to HS level too.

On defense i'd want to play CB. I'd fight the coaches if they tried to make me give 10 yard cushions too. Either beat me deep or incomplete. lol

Aussie_steeler
05-22-2010, 06:03 PM
With a rugby background the only transitions would be:

* Running back ( short yardage back) - nothing like running head on at a wall of defenders knowing your are going to get smashed at some point. Give me a big fullback and I would be in heaven. Hell I would even be soft enough to put pads and a helmet on. I have no sidestep (anymore) so it would be inside running and moving the pile for me.

* Inside Linebacker - when you dont have the ball in rugby there is no other option but to fire at the ball carrier and smash them. Please dont give me any other responsibilities other than tackling.

SH-Rock
05-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Wide Receiver, I love outrunning and outsmarting the defense, Im amazing at running routs IMO

Texasteel
05-22-2010, 08:48 PM
SS ------- I think I have the build for it, and I love physical contact. I may get a flag on the 1st pass play, but I promise that the receiver would be wondering where I was on the 2nd passing down.

JackHammer
05-22-2010, 09:09 PM
RB.

Prok
05-22-2010, 10:12 PM
SS ------- I think I have the build for it, and I love physical contact. I may get a flag on the 1st pass play, but I promise that the receiver would be wondering where I was on the 2nd passing down.

That's the spirit !!

Like me at CB. I'd damn sure be willing to take a physical penalty to let the opposing WR know his day wasn't gonna be a walk in the park. lol

:tt:

ricksteelers55
05-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I would be either TE or QB.

I could throw the deep ball,have some accuracy but just lack the decent speed.

as a TE I can catch,block and play ST

tube517
05-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Kicker.

So I could beat up the Brawny guy and fall down fighting police officers.

Wallace108
05-23-2010, 12:45 AM
End, Guard, Tackle.

Sit at the end of the bench, guard the water bottle, and tackle anyone who came near it.

I have no delusions about my ability to play (or not to play, as the case may be) at that level.

:chuckle:

:rofl:

I can relate to that.

Steel-Bryan
05-23-2010, 02:11 AM
OLB or DE. I'd be like a Lamaar Woodley. Well, atleast thats how i am now :chuckle:

Aussie_steeler
05-23-2010, 03:11 AM

I've seen the guns and your tenacity Tex. I wouldd say you would be definitely be a SS. ( Ronnie Lott comes to mind for me)

Texasteel
05-23-2010, 05:54 AM
I've seen the guns and your tenacity Tex. I wouldd say you would be definitely be a SS. ( Ronnie Lott comes to mind for me)

And I've seen rugby. What I haven't seen is a rugby player with all his own teeth. That is a rough sport brother.

Nadroj 20
05-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Offense side id say WR, and on the definsive side S.

Always had good hands and was kinda quick, id be more of a possession WR and not a deep threat burner.

Always liked hitting people and safety would be more my style then a CB.

DoubleSh0t
05-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I was never big enough or athletic enough to play in high school, but I would love to play CB. I don't quite have the hands for WR, but I was always a pretty good corner in flag football games.

43Hitman
05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I was never big enough or athletic enough to play in high school, but I would love to play CB. I don't quite have the hands for WR, but I was always a pretty good corner in flag football games.

If you pull their flag before they catch the ball, is that pass interference? :chuckle: