PDA

View Full Version : Madden 11 QB ranking and Ben

SteelKnight
05-22-2010, 07:32 AM
As you can see below, they have Ben #7. Also yesterday Rod Woodson and Muhsin Muhammad both said Ben wasn't a franchise QB. They are both nuts. What's your order?

Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers
6. Brett Favre
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Donovan McNabb
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub

SteelKnight
05-22-2010, 07:57 AM
My order:

1. Drew Brees -Now that he's won a SB, let's give him the credit. I've had him on my fantasy team many times and this guy produces. People say stats aren't everything but now he has a ring. People mentioned Colston but he didn't miss a beat when Colston went down. People mentioned his OC. He didn't miss a beat with a new one. People mentioned the scheme and a good O-Line. Give him some damn credit. If he goes down from the Madden curse this year, then we'll be able to see whether anyone can throw in that offense. Brees is no fluke.

2. Tom Brady - One of only 2 men I would want for sure at the end of a game. The guy can play.

3. Ben Roethlisberger - Another one of only 2 guys I would want at the end of a game. Ben is great. I won't focus on holding the ball too long since that is his style. If there is one area I think he needs to improve on is accuracy...a little. Sure, we never know where the ball is supposed to go and we always give him credit that he threw it high or low so the defender couldn't get to it but there have been some times where if he had put it in a better spot, his receiver could have had YAC. If he had receivers who did not go out of their way (e.g. Plaxico), these passes could look worse (overthrown or underthrown etc.). He's a closer though. Ben proved last year that he CAN put up the numbers if the Steelers allow him to.

4. Peyton Manning - He is a highly efficient QB who is showing he can do it with any receivers. He occasionaly chokes in big end of game situations.

5. Aaron Rodgers -amazing QB but I can't tell you how many times he has choked right at he end of a game. If he can fix that and come through consistently, he will be one of the great ones.

6. Phillip Rivers -Meh ...he always puts up good stats but he is not always good at leading a comeback. Break his rhythm and he's through.

7. Brett Farve -a legend but chokes sometimes. Unorthodox. High stakes risk taker.

8. Tony Romo - He seems to have all the tools and the escapability. Maybe it's his coordinator.

9. Donavan McNabb - For many years they would not get him any weapons and he never had a running game. They finally got him weapons and now they traded him to a team with...no weapons (except Moss). He has had some chokage too. lol

10. Eli Manning - Eli doesn't have the right weapons. Even with Burress, Burress would not go out of his way tocatch a pass. I think Eli would love to have been throwing to Hines Wa:toofunny:rd, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wa:toofunny:llace and Heath Miller...even with our line. They need to get him someone special. Brandon Marshal should have been considered. Demarius Thomas also.

scsteeler
05-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Below is my order and Brady has a question mark beside him! Now to the question about franchise QB. The goal behind a quote franchise QB is someone that can in the future take your team to the SB and win it! At least that is what I say you want in a Franchise QB.

Of the QB's listed below 6 of them have been to SB's and of that list 5 have won at least 1 SB and now the list gets slim when you list the names of QB's that have won at least 2 or more SB and of that list you only have:

Tom Brady & BenRoethlisberger

And again I say Franchise QB's are ones that you want to take you to and win the SB.

And that saying that well He had a lot of talent around him, well all SB teams have talent on them and good defenses but no matter what the statistics can that QB perform in that crucial moment to lead his team to the win and that is where a lot of these guys fall short.

I have to disagree with Rod & Muhsin Muhammad about Franchise QB's. That does not mean that a QB that never wins the SB should not be considered a Franchise QB.

As you can see below, they have Ben #7. Also yesterday Rod Woodson and Muhsin Muhammad both said Ben wasn't a franchise QB. They are both nuts. What's your order?

Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady (?)
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Philip Rivers
8. Brett Favre
9. Tony Romo
10. Matt Schaub

RoethlisBURGHer
05-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Madden 11 rankings take into account pure stats more than winning games. Ben has thrown more than 18 TD's just twice and single digit INT's just once.

Also, I think Woodson and Muhammad's opinions might have to do with his off field actions. Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre, McNabb, and Rogers haven't done anything to put playing the game in jeopardy.

Even though I don't agree with Ben's suspension since he was never charged with a crime in either case, you also don't see the other QB's listed being accused of something like sexual assault either.

SH-Rock
05-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Another 7 added to this year's superbowl

pete74
05-22-2010, 12:32 PM
i saw this a week ago and kinda agree. i would put ben above favre and maybe even rivers though just because he has 2 rings. steelnight put him above manning and rodgers and i definatly dont agree with that. manning is the best qb of all times and rodgers has better stats then anyother qb during his 1st 2 years, ever. i know we all love our team and will always place them at the top of the list but i like to be nutural in debates like this and would place ben at number 5 and that is mainlybecause of his problems

siss
05-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Taking Bens off the field issues out of it where is he?

pete74
05-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Below is my order and Brady has a question mark beside him! Now to the question about franchise QB. The goal behind a quote franchise QB is someone that can in the future take your team to the SB and win it! At least that is what I say you want in a Franchise QB.

Of the QB's listed below 6 of them have been to SB's and of that list 5 have won at least 1 SB and now the list gets slim when you list the names of QB's that have won at least 2 or more SB and of that list you only have:

Tom Brady & BenRoethlisberger

And again I say Franchise QB's are ones that you want to take you to and win the SB.

And that saying that well He had a lot of talent around him, well all SB teams have talent on them and good defenses but no matter what the statistics can that QB perform in that crucial moment to lead his team to the win and that is where a lot of these guys fall short.

I have to disagree with Rod & Muhsin Muhammad about Franchise QB's. That does not mean that a QB that never wins the SB should not be considered a Franchise QB.

of course QB's who never won a super bowl can still be franchise QB's. dan marino is the best example. one player will never win a game no matter how good they are without help. look at ben this season, it was his best one but still we did horrible. to many people give all the credit of winning to the QB's but its the team. Eli Manning won the big game and did horrible.

pete74
05-22-2010, 12:40 PM

if i was starting a new team and could have any of today's Qb's in there prime with no offfield problems then i would put ben at number 3 or 4. him and rodgers would be a tough one for the #3 spot

AllD
05-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Madden is still carrying a grudge because of the "Immaculate Reception." I would rather watch Frank Caliendo than "Turducken".

SMR
05-22-2010, 01:18 PM
i saw this a week ago and kinda agree. i would put ben above favre and maybe even rivers though just because he has 2 rings. steelnight put him above manning and rodgers and i definatly dont agree with that. manning is the best qb of all times and rodgers has better stats then anyother qb during his 1st 2 years, ever. i know we all love our team and will always place them at the top of the list but i like to be nutural in debates like this and would place ben at number 5 and that is mainlybecause of his problems

I agree with you on all points except one: I would put Roethlisberger above Rodgers. Big Ben 2, Rodgers 0 (Super Bowl-wise).

PLUS Roethisberger completely out-played Rodgers in the memorable Steelers-Packers game of last season! How could you forget that? You have to factor the two when they played against EACH OTHER!

pete74
05-22-2010, 03:52 PM
I agree with you on all points except one: I would put Roethlisberger above Rodgers. Big Ben 2, Rodgers 0 (Super Bowl-wise).

PLUS Roethisberger completely out-played Rodgers in the memorable Steelers-Packers game of last season! How could you forget that? You have to factor the two when they played against EACH OTHER!

neither was outplayed in that game. they both played awesome and tore up the other teams defense

SMR
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
neither was outplayed in that game. they both played awesome and tore up the other teams defense

Sure, but look at the stats between the qbs. Ben fared better.

pete74
05-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Sure, but look at the stats between the qbs. Ben fared better.

the stats!! they both had great games. ben threw 503 yards and 3 td's. rodgers threw 383 yards and 3 td's and ran 22 yards for a 4th td. they both had an awesome game and did whatever they wanted to the opposing defense

i dont agree with the head to head battle meaning anything. if we lost to the jets last year it wouldnt mean mark santhcez is better then rothlisberger. it only means there defense is awesome and our played horrible

DanRooney
05-22-2010, 05:27 PM

You can't be the best QB of all time when you choke in almost every big game of your career.

pete74
05-22-2010, 05:51 PM
You can't be the best QB of all time when you choke in almost every big game of your career.

thats right. how did i forget, manning is the biggest choke artist alive. i dont know why the colts would make him the highest paid player ever in nfl history when he chokes in every big game. he is just horrible and shouldnt waste one more day playing football

RoethlisBURGHer
05-22-2010, 07:17 PM

I would put him at #3. He's clutch, the most clutch QB in the game right now.

1. Brady. I hate him with a passion, but he is a damn good QB with three rings.

2. Brees. He's damn good, one ring and a SB MVP.

3. Roethlisberger. Two rings, but played poorly in SB XL. Most clutch QB in NFL.

4. Manning. Stats, stats, stats. Not very clutch, didn't deserve the SB XLI MVP.

Psyychoward86
05-22-2010, 07:26 PM
10. Eli Manning - Eli doesn't have the right weapons. Even with Burress, Burress would not go out of his way tocatch a pass. I think Eli would love to have been throwing to Hines Wa:toofunny:rd, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wa:toofunny:llace and Heath Miller...even with our line. They need to get him someone special. Brandon Marshal should have been considered. Demarius Thomas also.

Steve Smith (no, the other steve smith) is the most underrated receiver in football, and the giants have had a knack in the last couple of years of getting young wide receivers to kick it into high gear FAST

polamalubeast
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Peyton Manning deserves to be first.

I think it's a feat for Peyton Manning to have led his team to the super bowl in 2009.

The Colts were not so impressive that his team in 2009 and I think its very impressive that Manning lead his team to 14 win.

The colts defense is very average and had no running game.

In addition to the super bowl, Freeney's injury has made very hurt Colts.

When the Colts have no pass rush, their defense is very bad.

The Colts defense has to stay too long on the ground in the super bowl, which has reduced the number of Possession for the Colts offensive.

Moreover, onside kick for the saints at the beginning of 3rd quarter has hurt the Colts.

I think any other QB that would have been able to lead the Colts to 14 victories and participation in the super bowl in 2009.

The best team win the Super Bowl, especially if one considers that Freeney was very reduced.

The Colts have rarely been good defensively since they have Manning.

The colts defense has had good stats in 2005 and 2007 but they have played badly in the playoffs.

In 2006, the Colts had one of the worst defense against the run in the history of the NFL, but Manning led the team to 12 win.

SteelerFanInStl
05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Madden 11 rankings take into account pure stats more than winning games. Ben has thrown more than 18 TD's just twice and single digit INT's just once.

:iagree: It's like getting upset about fantasy football rankings.

I'm surprised that Woodson would say that Ben's not a franchise QB but WTF does Muhammed know about franchise QBs? He never played with one! :toofunny: Anyone that says that Ben's not a franchise QB is talking out their azz.

pete74
05-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Peyton Manning deserves to be first.

I think it's a feat for Peyton Manning to have led his team to the super bowl in 2009.

The Colts were not so impressive that his team in 2009 and I think its very impressive that Manning lead his team to 14 win.

The colts defense is very average and had no running game.

In addition to the super bowl, Freeney's injury has made very hurt Colts.

When the Colts have no pass rush, their defense is very bad.

The Colts defense has to stay too long on the ground in the super bowl, which has reduced the number of Possession for the Colts offensive.

Moreover, onside kick for the saints at the beginning of 3rd quarter has hurt the Colts.

I think any other QB that would have been able to lead the Colts to 14 victories and participation in the super bowl in 2009.

The best team win the Super Bowl, especially if one considers that Freeney was very reduced.

The Colts have rarely been good defensively since they have Manning.

The colts defense has had good stats in 2005 and 2007 but they have played badly in the playoffs.

In 2006, the Colts had one of the worst defense against the run in the history of the NFL, but Manning led the team to 12 win.

i was being sarcastic about manning. i think he is the best QB of all time. he is the colts. without him there nothing. there defense, offensive line and running game isnt very good but still manning wins an mvp and takes the team to the superbowl. even though his line is mediocre at best he isnt sacked alot because of his quick release.

wiz1120
05-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Aaron Rodgers = Philip rivers

Great stats, but when it comes to crunch time they throw up all over their shoes.

If someone could possibly tell me how they have either of these quarterbacks ahead of Ben, i would love to hear it. Keep in mind ben puts up those numbers getting sacked 50 times a season. Rivers or Rodgers would be dead, literally lifeless on the field.

SteelKnight
05-24-2010, 09:47 AM

The reason I put Ben above Manning and Rodgers is those two can choke at the end of games. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Rodgers play and awesome game and just make a stupid or at least unfortunate mistake at the end. Manning throws well but who do I want at the end of games? If you get a lead on manning, he can get messed up sometimes.

Bottom line, Manning and Rodgers are not closers. Ben and Brady are.

SteelKnight
05-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Sometimes it is annoying when they move posts. Just because they saw "Madden" meant it couldn't go on the Steelers board? That's silly. It is primarily a thread of ranking QBs and included a recent NFL question of whether Ben is a franchise QB. The Madden ranking was just the source...to start us out. It's just silly. They moved it to a forum that I have never visited "Gamer's forum". I love Steelers Fever and I have expressed that before but this is just over the top silly. What if I said "US News" ranks QBs and here's where Ben is then will it be moved to "Topics concerning the United States"? I'm just surprised.

SteelKnight
05-24-2010, 10:01 AM
thats right. how did i forget, manning is the biggest choke artist alive. i dont know why the colts would make him the highest paid player ever in nfl history when he chokes in every big game. he is just horrible and shouldnt waste one more day playing football

Manning...meh...I've seen him do well and not do well but he is great. The times when he couldn't pull through were against some good teams. I'd still rather have Ben down by 5 with 2 minutes to go.

Rodgers...I have watch him mess up at the end of games time after time. His defense puts him in bad situations where he can throw 3- TDs and STILL have to come back at the end...he often messes up there. When this improves I'll give him more credit.

SteelKnight
05-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Steve Smith (no, the other steve smith) is the most underrated receiver in football, and the giants have had a knack in the last couple of years of getting young wide receivers to kick it into high gear FAST

I didn't watch the Giants a lot last year but the previous 2 years I did and I must say, that Eli throws some balls like Ben sometimes that if the receiver would dive or jump he wouldn't look so bad but when they don't he looks terrible. If Hines, Heath, Santonio, and Wallace didn't do a lot of diving and jumping, Ben would look bad at times. I've seen the look on Eli's face. Plax was the worst offender. He never would want to dive and often wouldn't leap fully. I know he played hurt a lot so that may have been an issue but still.

SteelKnight
05-24-2010, 10:12 AM
:iagree: It's like getting upset about fantasy football rankings.

I'm surprised that Woodson would say that Ben's not a franchise QB but WTF does Muhammed know about franchise QBs? He never played with one! :toofunny: Anyone that says that Ben's not a franchise QB is talking out their azz.

LOL on Mushin. When he was talking I was getting upset. lol

I don't think anyone is upset about Madden. We are just asking how you would rate the QBs. It is a starting point for debate.

SteelKnight
05-24-2010, 10:15 AM
i was being sarcastic about manning. i think he is the best QB of all time. he is the colts. without him there nothing. there defense, offensive line and running game isnt very good but still manning wins an mvp and takes the team to the superbowl. even though his line is mediocre at best he isnt sacked alot because of his quick release.

Nope. I'm not giving you that.. lol I disagree when people start using SBs to break ties with QBs but when you make statements like the "Best of All time", leading your team to win multiple championships IS a factor. Montana and Brady must be up there in the running.

wootawnee
05-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I got Ben Number one.......Then I got Brees........

Ben
Brees
Manning.....(Cause I would kick his ass and make him listen and not choke)....
Rodgers

These are the only ones I would want.........Ben and Brees are the best 2 competitors in the league at the position.......By Far.........They got the fire in their hearts.......

supa_fly_steeler
07-01-2010, 12:31 PM
madden ratings are retarded. it doesnt matter how well your qb is.

if i take a qb like rating 80 say alex smith, have a half decent season, or say defenses takes us to super bowl... win it with smith putting up MVP numbers his overall will go into 90 in just one season. ea are pathetic.

supa_fly_steeler
07-01-2010, 12:33 PM
if i was starting a new team and could have any of today's Qb's in there prime with no offfield problems then i would put ben at number 3 or 4. him and rodgers would be a tough one for the #3 spot

i would take rodgers because of his age. he's what 25 and it's gonna be his sixth year, that's pretty good age.

pete74
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
agreed. rodgers is younger and one tough SOB.