PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack

polamalubeast
05-23-2010, 11:58 AM
What are the most stressful games that you've seen since you listened steelers football.

Me I have 5.

Jets vs. Steelers 2004(playoffs)

The steelers were 15-1 and had a rookie QB, but they have almost lost the game.

Steelers vs. Colts 2005(Playoffs)

Lots of thing would never happen in the last 6 minutes.

I almost made a heart attack because of Bettis.:mad::toofunny::coffee:

Seahawks vs. Steelers (super bowl)

I was very nervous during the two weeks prior to the game, since it was the first time I saw the steelers in super bowl and it was very important to me that Bettis and Cowher won a super bowl.

Ravens vs. steelers 2008.(playoffs)

When it was 16-14 I was very stressed.

Match would not be closed if Sweed has not made his drop and if Berger had not made his two bad punt.

Polamalu made me feel better with his interception.:hug:

Steelers vs. Cardinals (super bowl)

I need not explain!

stillers4me
05-23-2010, 12:15 PM

Holy moly.........need I say more.

Steelers>NFL
05-23-2010, 12:20 PM

This is the biggest one. Yes.

But then again, all of Steeler football is stressful. Because they can not beat anybody
soundly. All games, win or lose are close.

stillers4me
05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Ben: "I may be late but I'm always on time." Example.....last years Packers game. Ben to Mike Wallace as the clock runs out.

Holy crap. I don't know if my heart can't take much more of that stuff.

I've considered investing in one of these....

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HeartStart-Home-Defibrillator-AED/dp/B00064CED6

Godfather
05-23-2010, 12:40 PM
How about the OT win over the Oilers in the 1989 playoffs?

Prok
05-23-2010, 12:55 PM

But then again, all of Steeler football is stressful. Because they can not beat anybody

That seems to be the case these past few years. EVERY game is a heart-attack game.

You could say we're not quite as good OR bad as we think ??

:chuckle:

polamalubeast
05-23-2010, 01:09 PM
That seems to be the case these past few years. EVERY game is a heart-attack game.

You could say we're not quite as good OR bad as we think ??

:chuckle:

You're right.

Since 2008, the steelers can win or lose against anyone.

pepsyman1
05-23-2010, 01:22 PM

I think THIS one fact is the source of 99% of the angst that gets expressed on this forum. There are sooo many games that we've seen our team absolutely dominate most of a game but never finish putting a team away and then our opponent ends up making the game close.

I know Cowher had a fabulous record when his team had a lead going in to the 4th quarter, but even during that time, how many games did we sit being tortured because we got too conservative and didn't put the game away when the opportunity was there? There are some games over the years (mostly against the Browns comes to mind) that we would beat someone up and bury them on the scoreboard, but they are too few and far between considering the domination we frequently show during the game. With last years defensive meltdowns, we have the same knot in our stomach all over again.

Sharkissle29
05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Steelers/Colts in 2005 NO DOUBT.

Steelers/Cards in 2nd.....being there made it that much worse

scsteeler
05-23-2010, 01:48 PM
What are the most stressful games that you've seen since you listened steelers football.

Me I have 5.

Jets vs. Steelers 2004(playoffs)

The steelers were 15-1 and had a rookie QB, but they have almost lost the game.

Lots of thing would never happen in the last 6 minutes.

I almost made a heart attack because of Bettis.:mad::toofunny::coffee:

Seahawks vs. Steelers (super bowl)

I was very nervous during the two weeks prior to the game, since it was the first time I saw the steelers in super bowl and it was very important to me that Bettis and Cowher won a super bowl.

Ravens vs. steelers 2008.(playoffs)

When it was 16-14 I was very stressed.

Match would not be closed if Sweed has not made his drop and if Berger had not made his two bad punt.

Polamalu made me feel better with his interception.:hug:

Steelers vs. Cardinals (super bowl)

I need not explain!

ALL OF THE ABOVE. LOL

Chidi29
05-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Doug Brien is still my favorite Jet. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Steelers vs Colts playoff game. It began when Troy's INT was taken away. That game was like Interval Training.

Troy's INT - Blood Pressure High
Joey's Back to Back Sacks of Manning - Blood Pressure goes Back Down
Jerome's Fumble - Blood Pressure Skyrocketting.
Vanderjagt's Miss - Relief that it was over.

I didn't feel right physically the rest of the day.

Thank goodness Nick Harper didn't break his run to the outside instead of going inside where Ben could get him.

Wallace108
05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
There have been a lot!!!

But the one that stands out for me is the 1995 AFC championship game against the Colts. Every time I see a replay of that hail mary pass, I STILL think Bailey is going to catch it!

wiz1120
05-23-2010, 03:09 PM

That fumble may have been the single most stressful moment in my life.
:tt03::tt03::tt03:

Vincent
05-23-2010, 03:10 PM
There was a playoff game against Oakland in 72. I think it was Franco that made a catch or something. There's a commemorative out at the airport.

stillers4me
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
There was a playoff game against Oakland in 72. I think it was Franco that made a catch or something. There's a commemorative out at the airport.

My heart was young and strong back then. :chuckle:

steelerchad
05-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Wildcard playoff game against the Browns. Came back from 3 scores down to win.
94 playoff loss to San Diego. 3 more yards.
95 SuperBowl loss to Dallas. O'Donnell.

rbryan
05-23-2010, 03:33 PM
lol....I was too young to think about a heart attack in 72 also.

Too this day my wife still makes fun of me for "flopping around on the floor" srceaming at the top of my lungs "Nooooooooo.......nooooooooo...............nooooooo oooo" when the Bus fumbled against Indy in 05.

At the time she thought I was actually having a heart attack, so I'll have to go with that one.

Psyychoward86
05-23-2010, 04:05 PM
How can you beat the superbowl against the cardinals, really. Everything is at stake and the odds of victory are about as big as a hair on my chin

vasteeler
05-23-2010, 04:23 PM
How can you beat the superbowl against the cardinals, really. Everything is at stake and the odds of victory are about as big as a hair on my chin

this

Slanted August
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
95 SuperBowl loss to Dallas. O'Donnell.

Nothing compares to this in my book. We f'n had them! Maybe I dont have a life and should treat it as only a game but I got physically ill after that game.

Bam Morris looked like he was running downhill splitting defenders. When we went 4 wide they had guys like Scott Case who were just playing zone and would try to blow anyone up rather than play the ball. Cori Holiday (sp) come to mind in getting hit.

Who did we have?... Johnson, Hastings, Mills, Holiday, Thigpen who caught a TD on that quick slant in front of Prime Time right before halftime. Slash may have been there also?

Damn, makes me sick just thinking about it again.

StainlessStill
05-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Too many to count... way, way too many.

1995 AFC Championship- Steelers VS Colts
1995- Superbowl- Steelers Vs Cowboys
1997 AFC Championship- Steelers Vs Broncos
2001 AFC Championship - Steelers Vs Patriots
2002 AFC Wild Card- Steelers Vs Browns
2002 AFC Divisional- Steelers VS Titans
2004 AFC Divisional- Steelers VS Jets
2004 AFC Championship- Steelers vs Patriots
2005- AFC Divisional- Steelers Vs Colts
2005- Superbowl- Steelers VS Seahawks
2007- AFC Wild Card- Steelers Vs Jacksonville
2008- AFC Championship- Steelers Vs Ravens
2008- Superbowl- Steelers Vs Arizona

LVSteelersfan
05-23-2010, 06:49 PM
That playoff game against the Jaguars a few years back. I thought we had them when we came all the way back. That San Diego championship game still haunts me. Of course the Jets game when they missed two chip shot field goals at the end and we won. I could not believe we actually won that game. But the Colts game by far. The Bettis fumble. The called back INT by Troy. The missed field goal at the very end where we finally won the game. That game was crazy.

stb_steeler
05-23-2010, 07:31 PM
lol....I was too young to think about a heart attack in 72 also.

Too this day my wife still makes fun of me for "flopping around on the floor" srceaming at the top of my lungs "Nooooooooo.......nooooooooo...............nooooooo oooo" when the Bus fumbled against Indy in 05.

At the time she thought I was actually having a heart attack, so I'll have to go with that one.

Imagine the poor guy who really did have a heart attack in a Pittsburgh bar during that game. It was on the news...

RoethlisBURGHer
05-23-2010, 08:16 PM
2004 Divisional Playoffs vs. Jets. I still can't believe we won that game.

2005 Divisional Playoff vs. Colts. Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Super Bowl XLIII vs. Cardinals. I thought we blew it when Fitz had his second TD. Then I thought Ben threw a pick to end the game on the TD to Holmes.

wootawnee
05-24-2010, 10:46 AM

That game was nuts.........Way up where I was,and in my mind at the end, I kept telling Jerome don't worry buddy, the best team will win..........Boy when V.Jact missed that kick, there was nothing getting in the way of a title..............That game in my heart was toatal B.S.............That T.P. int call made me sick..........I felt the people of the world that are not Steeler fans were trying to hand Payton a SUper bOwl and that ref was one of them, but that shit just dont ever work out against the best and the True Americans, i thought.........The Pittsburgh STeelers are bigger than the burgh........They are what what we are.......INdependent from England and our own Entity.........ANd no chummsuckin bunch is gonna stop us from being us..........You can take that anywhere you want,.....And you'll always find a friend............So Low and behold Joey Porter started sackin the weak dude qb and we were on our way....THen the big helmet hit.......OMGoodness.......Ben Must have played alot of video games cause thats what that looked like to me how he stopped that dude........Just goes to show how good Bens vision is..........That game had it all.......Good Plays ,Bad Plays, Good calls, Horrible calls, Missed Kicks, Sacks, Crazy plays............Great game.......

GodfatherofSoul
05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Steelers Colts in the '95 AFCCG game. Still think it's the best Steelers game I've seen (saving Super Bowls).

Dino 6 Rings
05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Couple people mentioned but for me, the 2nd INT in the Super Bowl took 20 years off my life.

How do you throw it to the SAME EFFING GUY TWICE! TWICE NEIL! TWICE!

I HATE NEIL!

That one.

Dino 6 Rings
05-24-2010, 11:27 AM
TWICE YOU SON OF A DOG! TWICE!

SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT! JEEBUZ G CHRISTMAS ON A CRACKER THE SAME GUY TWICE YOU STUPID EFFING TOOLBOX!!!

I HATE YOU NEIL! I HATE YOUR GUTS!!!

stb_steeler
05-24-2010, 02:26 PM
TWICE YOU SON OF A DOG! TWICE!

SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT! JEEBUZ G CHRISTMAS ON A CRACKER THE SAME GUY TWICE YOU STUPID EFFING TOOLBOX!!!

I HATE YOU NEIL! I HATE YOUR GUTS!!!

I think we can all agree on that one. If not for those picks (or should i say , givins) We'd be here talkin bout number 8.

wootawnee
05-24-2010, 04:46 PM
That dude $()*& $(()*&()* $* $(*& *#_@@@ B* ,,,,,,,..........

Galax Steeler
05-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Steelers and Colts in the 2005 playoffs.

steelersfanman92
05-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Definetly 2005 Colts vs Steelers

steel9guy
05-25-2010, 08:43 AM
1. Steelers/Colts 2005 Divisional Playoffs. I couldn't even stand for hours after the game and I was shaking like I was sick lol.

2. Steelers/Cardinals Superbowl 43. The 4th Quarter, we had family over and I went up stairs and watched it myself and almost died-I'm sure.

3. Steelers/rats AFC Championship game. THE FIRST HALF TOOK FOREVER AND THE SECOND HALF WAS NERVE RACKING.

Honorable mention-Steelers/Jets 04 Divisional round. Steelers/brownies 02 wildcard round.