PDA

View Full Version : steelers top prospects

SaskSteeler
05-23-2010, 03:24 PM
scout.com listed off the top prospects for each team, heres the link to the steelers list:

http://profootball.scout.com/2/971831.html

wiz1120
05-23-2010, 04:18 PM
This is pretty dumb. After mendenhall, it's like they just picked random draft picks from the last 3 seasons. Anyone could do that. Why does scouts Inc waste their time with this?

tony hipchest
05-23-2010, 04:24 PM
thats a very interesting list to look at, especially with regards to the young prospects ages.

r. mendenhall, going into his 3rd year as a pro, is still younger than 2 of this years rookies (worilds & sanders).

infact the majority of those on the list were drafted at ages 22 or 23 years old, except for 3 of our 4 past 1st rounders who were drafted at the raw aga of 20.

this seems to be more of a strategy than a coincidence as if the steelers place a premium on young raw talent. this allows them the liberty to bring them along slowly (which they do anyways with rookies, regardless of age) and it adds another 2 years of the players "in their prime" when they enter their 2nd contract.

this is what i call maximizing value and a strategy that has gone understated to this point.

but im putting it out there.

pete74
05-23-2010, 07:52 PM
im really hoping hood becomes an all pro DE. we havnt seen enough of him to know either way but we really need him to pan out and replace one of our lineman next year. after seeing a recent pic of him i wonder why they havnt tried him at NT

Psyychoward86
05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
im really hoping hood becomes an all pro DE. we havnt seen enough of him to know either way but we really need him to pan out and replace one of our lineman next year. after seeing a recent pic of him i wonder why they havnt tried him at NT

He's too small. All 300 pounds of him. And adjusting from a 4-3 D-tackle to a 3-4 D-end is an easier transition.

Galax Steeler
05-24-2010, 04:27 AM
I hope Worlids can learn the game quick he is going to be a good player for us in the future.

pete74
05-24-2010, 05:24 AM
He's too small. All 300 pounds of him. And adjusting from a 4-3 D-tackle to a 3-4 D-end is an easier transition.

i know he is listed at 300lbs but he looks b igger in those camp photos

solardave
05-24-2010, 05:40 AM
thats a very interesting list to look at, especially with regards to the young prospects ages.

r. mendenhall, going into his 3rd year as a pro, is still younger than 2 of this years rookies (worilds & sanders).

infact the majority of those on the list were drafted at ages 22 or 23 years old, except for 3 of our 4 past 1st rounders who were drafted at the raw aga of 20.

this seems to be more of a strategy than a coincidence as if the steelers place a premium on young raw talent. this allows them the liberty to bring them along slowly (which they do anyways with rookies, regardless of age) and it adds another 2 years of the players "in their prime" when they enter their 2nd contract.

this is what i call maximizing value and a strategy that has gone understated to this point.

but im putting it out there.

I've noticed that too. Along with this stradegy sometimesw comes immaturity. I think we saw that when Mendy sat out a game for not paying attention. He got the message quick though and that's the other side of the coin. Young talent with good character=future success.

Steely McSmash
05-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Not sure I'd call players who are starters "prospects". The top 3 on this list have graduated!

It's telling of the lack of preparation that these are all drafted players. Think Ramon Foster isn't a better prospect than Urbik?

Chidi29
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd definitely put Keenan Lewis or Burnett ahead of Frank or Urbik.