PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Youth Football Camps Announced, One in Mexico City

mesaSteeler
05-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Steelers Youth Football Camps Announced, One in Mexico City
By
Chuck Carroll
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/steelers-youth-football-camps-announced-one-in-mexico-city/
Football News Now Staff Writer
May 24, 2010

Daniel Sepulveda

Daniel Sepulveda

The Pittsburgh Steelers will host two youth football camps for youngsters between the ages of 6-14 in this summer in the Pittsburgh area as well as one in Mexico City on June 12.

The two-day camps in Pennsylvania will feature instruction from current and former Steelers players as well as the top high school and youth coaches in the local area.

The first camp will be held at California University of Pennsylvania on June 17-18. A second camp will be held at West Allegheny’s DeMichela Stadium on July 19-20.

Registration is limited to 200 players per camp.

Camp runs from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. each day.

Each camper will receive two tickets to a Steelers preseason game, camp T-shirt, one-year Steelers Kids Club membership and DVD highlights from the camp among their giveaways.

The camp costs $175 per child. To register, log on to www.steelers.com to download the forms, or call 412-697-7713 for more information.

The Steelers also announced a one-day Youth Football Camp in Mexico City, Mexico that is scheduled for June 12. That camp is open to children between the ages of 7-17.

Current Steelers players Ziggy Hood and Daniel Sepulveda will be among the instructors at the camp. Both players have Mexican backgrounds.

More information on the Mexico City camp is available at www.pasionacerera.com.

I missed out on attending the Art Monk Football Camp as a youngster… I regret it to this day.

klick81
05-25-2010, 10:58 AM
I hope Ziggy and Sep take some serious security detail!

SteelGhost
05-25-2010, 12:39 PM
For the Camp in Mexico City these are the Special Guests (ticketmaster announcement says so)

# 86 Hines Ward
# 17 Mike Wallace
# 23 Keenan Lewis
# 96 Ziggy Hood
# 9 Daniel Sepúlveda

:jawdrop:

The announcement says it's for people from 7 to 17 years old, I'm out of that age range :chuckle: but I hope I can go to get some autographs.

:tt:

SteelGhost
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I hope Ziggy and Sep take some serious security detail!

Hey klick81, the event will be in the richest and prestigious college in Mexico, you can be sure that "some serious security detail" will be taking place, just like in LA :wink:

klick81
05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm sure the problems will not be on university grounds...more like on the way there.

SteelGhost
05-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm sure the problems will not be on university grounds...more like on the way there.

Stay calm bud, nothing's going to happen ..... unless they want to go out barhopping with co-ed girls :chuckle:

SteelGhost
05-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Well,

My guess is they will fly to Mexico.

I doubt very much there will even be need for a lot of security-except from some fans getting in their way.

Mexico city is a LONG way away from the border areas.

Right said Preacher :hatsoff:

pete74
05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
and tomlin had to take over ben's youth camp in Mars, PA because they didnt want ben

Psyychoward86
05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I still think i'll be long dead before american football becomes an international phenomenon

klick81
05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Well,

Mexico city is a LONG way away from the border areas.

And in 2004, was the kidnapping capital of the world. Just sayin...

Chidi29
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
And in 2004, was the kidnapping capital of the world. Just sayin...

How are you going to kidnap Ziggy? Good luck trying to hide him. :toofunny:

Chidi29
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
We've slowly been expanding our influence into Mexico. Last year we had a radio station in Mexico that broadcasted all the games.