PDA

View Full Version : pouncey hurt at practice

pete74
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/First_round_pick_Pouncey_hurt_at_practice_today/2647113

DanRooney
05-26-2010, 05:34 PM
You talkin' bout practice?

Fire Haley
05-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Trai stepped on his foot?

He'll be fine.

steelerdude15
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
If it's only a toe, that's something that shouldn't be worried about too much, but I hope for a speedy recovery.

pete74
05-26-2010, 06:52 PM

another useless post by you. sometimes when people are typing they do make mistakes

Psyychoward86
05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
another useless post by you. sometimes when people are typing they do make mistakes

u mad?

:chuckle:

pete74
05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
u mad?

:chuckle:

most definatly. dont see the point of useless posts. if i wanted to correct someones spelling everytime i see a stupied slip up i would have way more posts then you

St33lersguy
05-26-2010, 07:49 PM
BUST ALERT!!!:chuckle:

polamalubeast
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
BUST ALERT!!!:chuckle:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

mesaSteeler
05-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Steelers top pick Pouncey hurt at practice
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_683035.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Steelers first-round draft pick Maurkice Pouncey hurt his left foot today at practice.

The injury doesn't appear to be serious as it looks like Pouncey hurt one of his toes. Head athletic trainer John Norwich examined Pouncey on the field at the Steelers' practice facility after he went down during a drill.

The Steelers selected Pouncey with the 18th overall pick of the NFL draft in late April.

Pouncey excelled at center at the University of Florida but has been primarily playing at right guard during offseason practices.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

mesaSteeler
05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_683110.html

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Rookie Pouncey gets scare in practice

By Kevin Gorman
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, May 27, 2010

• Steelers first-round pick Maurkice Pouncey got a scare early in Wednesday's practice session at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex when he left the field briefly after injuring a toe while getting tangled up with 324-pound right guard Trai Essex.

Even though he hasn't signed a contract, Pouncey returned to participate in the voluntary practice.

After being tried at right guard -- where he was expected to challenge Essex for the starting job -- the Rimington Award winner as the nation's top center last fall has been working at his natural position.

"Center is more (about) making all the calls," Pouncey said. "I need to work on it, but I was making them."

Offensive line coach Sean Kugler said Pouncey could initially be overwhelmed by having to learn both positions, but that the 6-foot-4, rookie from Florida is "a player we feel can do both."

"Nowadays, in the NFL, most teams dress seven on game day," Kugler said. "If you are not in the active starting five, you have to play two positions."

Quarterback Byron Leftwich has played in warm- (Jacksonville, Tampa Bay) and cold-weather climates (Pittsburgh), as well as a dome (Atlanta), so he isn't concerned about Super Bowl XLVIII being played in 2014 at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. "I'm quite sure the two teams that's in it won't really care because it's the Super Bowl," Leftwich said. "You dream all your life of playing in that game, and you're not going to let 15 degrees change anything with what your mindset is. One thing I always tell people about the weather: the heat, that's physical. It drains you physically, and there ain't nothing you can do about it. When you're in 100 degrees, playing with all that stuff on, eventually your body will shut down. The cold is all mental. The cold doesn't do nothing to you but make your hands cold." Leftwich later added, "If you ain't warm for the Super Bowl, something's really wrong."

• Players are scheduled to report to training camp Friday, July 30.

Kevin Gorman can be reached at kgorman@tribweb.com or 412-320-7812.

JackHammer
05-27-2010, 03:44 AM

Not a game. Not a game, but practice! Practice!

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!? PALYOFFS!?!?!?!

Galax Steeler
05-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Nothing serious here.

pete74
05-27-2010, 05:33 AM
i wonder if there planning on starting him at center or guard? i thought guard but he is playing with the 1st team as center

solardave
05-27-2010, 08:04 AM
he's hurt already??

What a bust.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/sarcasm.gif

Oh no. Another Charlie Batch.:sofunny:

solardave
05-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Did I spell that right? Or is it Charlie Bitch? I'm confused and trying to run up my posts. I wanna be a team owner.:sofunny:

CanadianSteel
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Wonder if Essex stepped on the toe on purpose.... "Take that rook think your taking my starting job " :chuckle: