PDA

View Full Version : Law back with the Patriots?

hardwork
02-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Not going to happen. That's the word anyway. From what I've heard the Jets aren't going to pay him the 11 mil he's due if he stays there so he'll be on the open market again. I guess now the best bet as to who will have his services is KC.

tony hipchest
02-08-2006, 10:18 PM
source?

contrary to what litp may believe law is a trash talking, law breaking, druggie, malcontent (who happens to hate belichick), that the pats desperately need. this is just posturing on their part to not drive up the price in a bidding war with 5-6 other teams. its either this, or try for i. taylor but they are not about to give up the draft picks for him if the steelers match their offer.

unless you think they may go for another duane starks or chad scott?

WeNowHave5
02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I heard about Law's possible return a while back and with Rodney Harrison's career up in the air, they could use TY LAW. I know if it were the Rooneys, they probbaly would not take him back because of how he left

Brady12
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I would like that. Get one of those crap rookies outta there.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Not surprising he'd be coming back to a super bowl contender..the jets are going nowhere next year anyways

Livinginthe past
02-08-2006, 11:25 PM
source?

contrary to what litp may believe law is a trash talking, law breaking, druggie, malcontent (who happens to hate belichick), that the pats desperately need. this is just posturing on their part to not drive up the price in a bidding war with 5-6 other teams. its either this, or try for i. taylor but they are not about to give up the draft picks for him if the steelers match their offer.

unless you think they may go for another duane starks or chad scott?

Ha ha Tony.

At least you have some value as the court jester.

Show me where Ty Law trash talked in the week before a big game?

As per usual, you are all hot air and no substance.

I hope to God the Pats sign Ty Law - it is quite obvious the way our DB's got ripped to shreds in the playoffs that we will have a losing year year next year....your biased analysis leaves something to be desired.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-08-2006, 11:26 PM
I would like that. Get one of those crap rookies outta there.

What crap rookies are you referring to Brady12?

NM

tony hipchest
02-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Ha ha Tony.

At least you have some value as the court jester.

Show me where Ty Law trash talked in the week before a big game?

As per usual, you are all hot air and no substance.

I hope to God the Pats sign Ty Law - it is quite obvious the way our DB's got ripped to shreds in the playoffs that we will have a losing year year next year....your biased analysis leaves something to be desired.

NMhave you ever watched a little show called "sportscenter"? budweiser hot seat? the thursday before last years superbowl? this was after rodney harrison broke rank and responded to fred exes rediculous comments. the injured (and not playing) ty law felt the need to pile on; capped his trash talk by saying the only thing that the eagles were better than the patriots was "talking". pretty ballsy of him being that he didnt have to take the field.

i dont need any more strays so feel free to keep on owning yourself. procede to deny it all you want. I know you only hear what you want to believe as far as your perfect and beloved patriots are concerned. it dont matter that i dont have a link cause if i did you would just accuse me of doctoring the video footage and doing a voice over. oh well. atleast I know the TRUTH.

Brady12
02-08-2006, 11:59 PM
What crap rookies are you referring to Brady12?

NM

Hobbs

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Not surprising he'd be coming back to a super bowl contender..the jets are going nowhere next year anyways i dont know, nowadays its all about the $$$ with him. hes already got his 3 rings. i dont think being on a winning team really matters to him any more if hes not getting all that scrilla/jack/cheddar ($$$$$)

although im sure some patfans would make him out to be a jerome bettis type figure willing to take a significant paycut to win it all. not! if that were the case he woulda came back home last year when he had the chance.

i think the steelers were only willing to offer him veteran minimum:sofunny: just like chad brown.

sToN3R
02-09-2006, 12:13 AM
i see the pats having a real good season next year for some reason./

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Hobbs

You gotta be kiddin' me?

This guy was up there with Ben Watson as BB's 'most improved' players of the year.

He come in when we had tried all the other vet options and held down a CB spot - he even gave us back our ability to make interceptions!

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 12:53 PM
have you ever watched a little show called "sportscenter"? budweiser hot seat? the thursday before last years superbowl? this was after rodney harrison broke rank and responded to fred exes rediculous comments. the injured (and not playing) ty law felt the need to pile on; capped his trash talk by saying the only thing that the eagles were better than the patriots was "talking". pretty ballsy of him being that he didnt have to take the field.

i dont need any more strays so feel free to keep on owning yourself. procede to deny it all you want. I know you only hear what you want to believe as far as your perfect and beloved patriots are concerned. it dont matter that i dont have a link cause if i did you would just accuse me of doctoring the video footage and doing a voice over. oh well. atleast I know the TRUTH.

So thats a no then?

NM

3 to be 4
02-09-2006, 08:38 PM
i dont know, nowadays its all about the $$$ with him. hes already got his 3 rings. i dont think being on a winning team really matters to him any more if hes not getting all that scrilla/jack/cheddar ($$$$$)

although im sure some patfans would make him out to be a jerome bettis type figure willing to take a significant paycut to win it all. not! if that were the case he woulda came back home last year when he had the chance.

i think the steelers were only willing to offer him veteran minimum:sofunny: just like chad brown.

I just KNEW the name Jerome Bettis would have to be mentioned EVENTUALLY. I mean, its been 5 minutes already :rolleyes:

Milkman
02-09-2006, 08:42 PM
You're a quick one 3 to be 4...

Last I checked, this is a "Steelers" fansite.

3 to be 4
02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
oooooo thats a good one, milkman

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I just KNEW the name Jerome Bettis would have to be mentioned EVENTUALLY. I mean, its been 5 minutes already :rolleyes: ok. let me think of another professional player (and star) to take a significant pay cut to stay with their team and win a championship to use as an example.....................................thinki ng................................................ .............................................still thinking.......................................... ......................................
.................................................. .................................................. ......nope. i cant.

and while you may be able to think of someone, for some reason bettis and his elway/jordan type exit is still fresh on my mind. :bouncy:

Milkman
02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
oooooo thats a good one, milkman

:rofl: good comeback!

3 to be 4
02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
hmmm lets see. I like Jerome and everything but...
1998 Jordan- best player in the NBA hits game winning shot in his last game
1999 Elway - passes for 300 yards and wins SB MVP in his last game
2006- Bettis - thats right, he rushed for 169 yards and scored 3 TDs while winning SB MVP

you are right. same kind of exit.

3 to be 4
02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
ok. let me think of another professional player (and star) to take a significant pay cut to stay with their team and win a championship to use as an example.....................................thinki ng................................................ .............................................still thinking.......................................... ......................................
.................................................. .................................................. ......nope.

Did Bettis go to the Steelers and say, "I'll only come back if you cut my salary drastically!!!" or did he have to take a cut in order to not be released, or to be asked back, if you will?

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 09:13 PM
hmmm lets see. I like Jerome and everything but...
1998 Jordan- best player in the NBA hits game winning shot in his last game
1999 Elway - passes for 300 yards and wins SB MVP in his last game
2006- Bettis - thats right, he rushed for 169 yards and scored 3 TDs while winning SB MVP

you are right. same kind of exit.

youre right, neither of the other 2 took significant pay cuts (interresting to compare elways 1st sb win with jeromes though)

3 to be 4
02-09-2006, 09:16 PM
youre right, neither of the other 2 took significant pay cuts (interresting to compare elways 1st sb win with jeromes though)

although once again, Elway was the star QB, while Bettis hardly played.