PDA

View Full Version : W T F ?!

7SteelGal43
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm listening to Obama addressing the Gulf oil spill. "The American people should know that since this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort" :poop:

Then he goes on to say "BP is responsible for this disaster". Ok, no arguing the fact that something went horribly wrong at a BP drilling site. But the tone with which he said it is the same tone past presidents have used when speaking of foreign enemies who attack us. Not American business or industry when an ACCIDENT happens. So W T F ?!

The Dems and the media shamed the Bush administration during the Exxon Valdez disaster for taking two weeks to seriously address the problem. TWO WEEKS ! It's been more than a month and this administration hasn't done :poop: . Again, W T F ?!

Fire Haley
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Barry knows his only chance for political survival is to keep his hands clean of the whole mess.

Expect him to start lopping off the heads of scapegoats shortly.

Venom
05-27-2010, 12:14 PM
What , you want him to do everything ? He was busy playing golf , flying out twice to California to raise money for Barbara Boxer , shooting basketball and having dinner with the American bashing Mexican president. while Obama just stood there and applauded . :popcorn:

Vincent
05-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Poop emoticons don't suffice when discussing a lying sack of @#$%. Call it what it is.

To date, the sum of "the administration's" "action" in this mess has been to launch yesterday's "talking point" (points would be asking too much of these tools) "since day one". Everything concerning the gulf to come from donkey mouthpieces since yesterday has included "since day one".

One James Carville, he of New Orleans, weighs in...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lO1lO1CVkTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lO1lO1CVkTE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Translation - "stop playing with your pud and do something". Sorry. Day 36. Too late. Resume playing with pud.

Newt takes a brief break from roasting bho's pud to comment on "the administration's" "total failure" in the gulf...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nj5hxMyvEpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nj5hxMyvEpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The fix ain't that complicated. But you need to do something. "No organization. No structure".

Fire Haley
05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
He's really tap dancing in the press conference now.

Blame Bush!

Blame Bush!

He’s tryin to cover his ass by blaming everyone under the sun but him, yet trying to take credit for being on top of this from day one.

Impeach the lying piece of shit.

Vincent
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Impeach the lying piece of shit.

In due time Killer. In due time.

http://images.quickblogcast.com/35238-32833/ObamaToast.jpg

Fire Haley
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Obama presser cliff notes:

If/when the oil spill improves, give me credit.
If it doesn’t get better - blame BP (and Bush and Congress and Bush again just to be sure).

Fire Haley
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
ha ha

Major Garrett won’t be invited to any WH dinners anytime soon.

“WHAT DID YOU OFFER SESTAK?”

Obama- Official Sestak response due shortly... “nothing improper took place”

Vincent
05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Obama presser cliff notes:

If/when the oil spill improves, give me credit.
If it doesn’t get better - blame BP (and Bush and Congress and Bush again just to be sure).

C'mon Killer. What else is he going to say? He's got nothing because he's done nothing.

Put another way...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/turd-polishcopy.jpg

SteelerEmpire
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Why should BP care if the gulf waters are destroyed... they live way back in merry ol' England.

SteelCityMom
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
This "accident" that a BRITISH company is ultimately responsible for has been called the worst man-made catastrophe in history. I think a harsh tone is ok. It's not the federal governments fault that the oil rig failed. BP, Transocean and Haliburton have been doing nothing but playing the blame game with each other as well. It's just the fed. is holding BP directly accountable and responsible for all costs incurred in containing and cleaning up the "situation".

I'm not quite sure what else the government or Obama can do. It's an oil spill, the worst one ever. He doesn't have a magic wand to wave to make it go away. All they can do is hire people to clean it up and send the bill to BP.

The Patriot
05-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Then he goes on to say "BP is responsible for this disaster". Ok, no arguing the fact that something went horribly wrong at a BP drilling site. But the tone with which he said it is the same tone past presidents have used when speaking of foreign enemies who attack us. Not American business or industry when an ACCIDENT happens. So W T F ?!

Negligence in the BP corporation caused the deaths of a dozen people and the greatest oil catastrophe on record. What do you want him to do? Pat BP on the shoulder for trying?

:coffee: Honestly, it was just two years ago that I was hearing "Drill Baby Drill!" chants at every Republican rally. You guys fought Environmental Regulations because you claimed they would restrict industry. Now the shit has hit the fan, and you're gonna try to pin it on Obama for not diving down there and sealing it himself.

Obama shouldn't have been campaigning in California, but all he can do right now is put the pressure on BP.

NJarhead
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
In due time Killer. In due time.

http://images.quickblogcast.com/35238-32833/ObamaToast.jpg

:rofl:

Good find. :drink:

NJarhead
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Negligence in the BP corporation caused the deaths of a dozen people and the greatest oil catastrophe on record. What do you want him to do? Pat BP on the shoulder for trying?

:coffee: Honestly, it was just two years ago that I was hearing "Drill Baby Drill!" chants at every Republican rally. You guys fought Environmental Regulations because you claimed they would restrict industry. Now the shit has hit the fan, and you're gonna try to pin it on Obama for not diving down there and sealing it himself.

Obama shouldn't have been campaigning in California, but all he can do right now is put the pressure on BP.

:jerkit:

And Katrina was an act of God, yet it was okay to blame Bush. Dems had a shit-fit when Bush DIDN'T scare the crap out of those kids on 9-11 and instead waited a whole 5 minutes to calmly walk out of the classroom.

But you're right, what's a few million gallons of crude on our coastlines if it's not our fault.

:coffee:

fansince'76
05-27-2010, 02:39 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Vincent
05-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Jindal has the "troops" poised to build sand levies around the "sensitive areas". The feds stand in the way.

Tankers have cleaned up such messes and can be quickly deployed in the gulf. http://www.fastcompany.com/1646820/could-the-gulf-oil-spill-could-cleaned-up-by-supertankers

The sum of "action" we have gotten from "the administration" is "from day one" BS and blame. But to be fair, they're not capable of more. They've demonstrated as much. They're politicians, not leaders. They don't have a non-political response to anything because that is the sum of their experience.

This is why we need adults with real world business and military experience in the White House, Senate, and House. Say what you will about B-b-b-Booosh. They might have played Keystone Cops for a day or two, but we wouldn't be weeks (actually its now months) into a disaster without anything more than posturing and blame.

xfl2001fan
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
He can stop blaming people and start trying to find a solution to plug the hole. Stop pointing fingers and get people out there now that can stop it. Stop waiting around for BP to do something.

In defense of Obama (something you should know that I rarely do) he has to make his peace with the public on this...and the best way is to point out what happened and who is to pay.

He's not going to do his planning/action in public. That happens behind closed doors. Because BP is responsible for cleaning up this mess, it's on them to release their plans to the public. Obama's job in this is to put the pressure on BP...and the best way to do that is publically. The worse they look, the lower their stocks go...and the more money they lose. He's hitting them where it counts with his current setup.

SteelerEmpire
05-27-2010, 03:00 PM
In defense of Obama (something you should know that I rarely do) he has to make his peace with the public on this...and the best way is to point out what happened and who is to pay.

He's not going to do his planning/action in public. That happens behind closed doors. Because BP is responsible for cleaning up this mess, it's on them to release their plans to the public. Obama's job in this is to put the pressure on BP...and the best way to do that is publically. The worse they look, the lower their stocks go...and the more money they lose. He's hitting them where it counts with his current setup.

It is written in the rule book that its BP's responsibility to clean up this... Katrina was the governments to rectify as it was a 'natural disaster'... if you go by the book...

Vincent
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM

X. You know I respect the heck out of you but I must disagree here. bho's job is to protect the country against threats both foreign and domestic. The spill threatens our coasts, industry, food supplies, and well being. Do first. Blame later. If that is beyond the abilities of this "administration", then they should get the hell out of the way and let those that do know what they're doing get after it. BP and the "administration's" minions can be dealt with later. Threats to BP are as effective as threats to North Korea. Action was required a month ago.

It is written in the rule book that its BP's responsibility to clean up this... Katrina was the governments to rectify as it was a 'natural disaster'... if you go by the book...

F@#$ the book. The house is on fire. Do you stand there pointing fingers or save your family and what you can?

With regard to whether or not it is a 'natural or man made disaster', are you freekin serious? Lemme try to follow this. If its a 'natural disaster' its on the gubmint, but if men did it, they have to clean it up. Is that it? So by that logic, shouldn't terrorists be rebuilding the buildings they knocked down?

St33lersguy
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
"The American people should know that since this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort"

So according to Obama nothing has been done for over a month because the federal govt. has been in charge

xfl2001fan
05-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Well said...followed by:

X. You know I respect the heck out of you but I must disagree here. bho's job is to protect the country against threats both foreign and domestic. The spill threatens our coasts, industry, food supplies, and well being. Do first. Blame later. If that is beyond the abilities of this "administration", then they should get the hell out of the way and let those that do know what they're doing get after it. BP and the "administration's" minions can be dealt with later. Threats to BP are as effective as threats to North Korea. Action was required a month ago.
I understand your perspecitve on this...however, the key point I was trying to make is that he needs to apply this public pressure on BP...and do the action/planning in the background. I would like to see more, I really would. However, I don't know what the answer is. If I thought mobilizing the military (and having BP foot the bill for the costs) would be the answer, then I say do it.

F@#$ the book. The house is on fire. Do you stand there pointing fingers or save your family and what you can?

With regard to whether or not it is a 'natural or man made disaster', are you freekin serious? Lemme try to follow this. If its a 'natural disaster' its on the gubmint, but if men did it, they have to clean it up. Is that it? So by that logic, shouldn't terrorists be rebuilding the buildings they knocked down?

Again, you make some valid points...I just wish you could provide a better answer other than blaming BHO. I don't like the guy, didn't vote for the guy and will certainly vote against hiim in the next available election...however, what is the actual answer? Do you really think that he's holding something back? In this (technologically speaking) day and age, that would be political suicide.

Vincent
05-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Again, you make some valid points...I just wish you could provide a better answer other than blaming BHO. I don't like the guy, didn't vote for the guy and will certainly vote against hiim in the next available election...however, what is the actual answer? Do you really think that he's holding something back? In this (technologically speaking) day and age, that would be political suicide.

"Do you really think that he's holding something back?" He / they haven't a clue. As Newt said, there's no organization or direction.

So get some tankers in there and suck up the mess. Where that has been done, they pour water back into the water and save the oil. Turn Jindal's folks loose on the coast to build berms. But don't wait for five weeks and then just posture and blame.

At least get that stopped and prevention of the goop hitting the shore then start worrying about clean up and blame.

But that's all they can do. They are demonstrating that they have no understanding of the problem or any ability to solve it. So they do what they're able to do - blame. Put another way, this is but another exercise in victimology.

xfl2001fan
05-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I understand that. But there's plenty of time to play the blame game after the hole is plugged. At least get that stopped and prevention of the goop hitting the shore then start worrying about clean up and blame.

Having not watched much TV these last few weeks (been busy with Uncle Sam duties, hehe)...I don't know how much he's appeared on TV. However, so long as he's not on for more than 10-15 minutes giving updated blame/bitch sessions...I honestly don't have a problem with a key leader speaking to the issue.

Like others, I wish more was being done...and faster. However, it is his job to come forward and make some sort of address. (Not so fond of the golf outings...or chilling at home this very important weekend, but that's an entirely different set of conversations.)

Like others, I am concerned, not only with the dangers to the local wildlife in that region, the shipping/fishing inducstries, the tourist industries, etc...I'm also concerned with the price of gas jumping like it did a few years ago.

xfl2001fan
05-27-2010, 03:36 PM
"Do you really think that he's holding something back?" He / they haven't a clue. As Newt said, there's no organization or direction.

So get some tankers in there and suck up the mess. Where that has been done, they pour water back into the water and save the oil. Turn Jindal's folks loose on the coast to build berms. But don't wait for five weeks and then just posture and blame.

But that's all they can do. They are demonstrating that they have no understanding or ability to solve the problem. So they do what they're able to do - blame. Put another way, this is but another exercise in victimology.

I do find it hard to believe that' it's just been 5 weeks of nothing. Unfortunately, the governemnt (military included) is a shit ton of red tape to roll through...with meetings/briefings held up and down the chain of command. Things could be simpler, but there isn't a single political/government organization that is set up for that. Any idea brought up will be sliced down for feasability and then have it's pros/cons weighed. Rash action rarely works...and while 5 weeks is entirely too long, it's not all that surprising to me. Bush would have probalby taken just as long...because he (also) would have had a plethora of advisors and people with differences of opinions on what avenue of approach is best. Want proof, look at Katrina. It's not all Bush's fault. The government, as it is currently set up, is set up to make the top dog (POTUS) fail. Period.

SteelerEmpire
05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I do find it hard to believe that' it's just been 5 weeks of nothing. Unfortunately, the governemnt (military included) is a shit ton of red tape to roll through...with meetings/briefings held up and down the chain of command. Things could be simpler, but there isn't a single political/government organization that is set up for that. Any idea brought up will be sliced down for feasability and then have it's pros/cons weighed. Rash action rarely works...and while 5 weeks is entirely too long, it's not all that surprising to me. Bush would have probalby taken just as long...because he (also) would have had a plethora of advisors and people with differences of opinions on what avenue of approach is best. Want proof, look at Katrina. It's not all Bush's fault. The government, as it is currently set up, is set up to make the top dog (POTUS) fail. Period.

Yes. As was stated by BO... there is not current technology to stop the spill at that depth... Yet BP built the oil platform anyway (and the government gave them permission to build it also). So short of them running that by-pass line (the 3 month fix) or until the well runs dry.... I don't have faith that it will be plugged... Would be interesting to know who made the poison without the antidote....

xfl2001fan
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes. As was stated by BO... there is not current technology to stop the spill at that depth... Yet BP built the oil platform anyway (and the government gave them permission to build it also). So short of them running that by-pass line (the 3 month fix) or until the well runs dry.... I don't have faith that it will be plugged...

Yes, it's unfortunate that a rig was built when the technology wasn't present to fix any possible leaks. That is neither BO's fault or "W"s fault...I doubt either of them had a hand in that approval.

I think that this will need siphoned off...and it will take a fleet of ships armed with siphoning equipment to get the job done. I don't believe we have the means to have that fleet ready in the next two weeks. I dont' believe that much equipment exists in our current inventory system (especially for how bad the spillage is.) it is unfortunate...but it really is hard to have a contingency plan for this kind of thing. Katrina was terrible...but Louisiana (and New Orleans in particular) didn't help themselves with their substandard levies. Not saying that great levies would have prevented the disaster...but we'll never know now. Same with this scenario...all the equipment being on hand won't make mobilizing this stuff into action easy or fast.

SteelCityMom
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
He can stop blaming people and start trying to find a solution to plug the hole. Stop pointing fingers and get people out there now that can stop it. Stop waiting around for BP to do something.

The US government does have people down there (and up here, and a bunch of other places) working on a solution. Obama's a politician and not an oil-rigger or scientist though. He's not going to be doing anything himself.

And why should the US government stop pointing the finger at BP? They're responsible for it...make them pay for it. That's what the government is planning on doing.

The Patriot
05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
:jerkit:

And Katrina was an act of God, yet it was okay to blame Bush. Dems had a shit-fit when Bush DIDN'T scare the crap out of those kids on 9-11 and instead waited a whole 5 minutes to calmly walk out of the classroom.

But you're right, what's a few million gallons of crude on our coastlines if it's not our fault.

:coffee:

Warden, I'm not Michael Moore. I know that a lot of crap got pinned on Bush after the hurricane, and if Obama missed any opportunity to stop this oil leak because he was too busy campaigning, I'll be the first one to be ripshit.

NJarhead
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Warden, I'm not Michael Moore. I know that a lot of crap got pinned on Bush after the hurricane, and if Obama missed any opportunity to stop this oil leak because he was too busy campaigning, I'll be the first one to be ripshit.

If you say so. But I've got my eye on you Falker. :mg:

:chuckle:

steelax04
05-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Honestly, it was just two years ago that I was hearing "Drill Baby Drill!" chants at every Republican rally. You guys fought Environmental Regulations because you claimed they would restrict industry. Now the shit has hit the fan, and you're gonna try to pin it on Obama for not diving down there and sealing it himself.

I thought Obama was looking to expand drilling also?