PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Jerome (Pic)

BigNastyD
02-09-2006, 11:32 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/jmaeder/byebus.jpg

You will be missed.

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 11:36 AM
very nice. Does he get into the HOF on the first try?

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Does he get into the HOF on the first try?
He retired 5th on the All-Time rushing-record list, and those above him who are elligible made it on their first try (Peyton & Sanders ):
those below him who made it to Canton include Dikkerson, Dorsett, Brown, Allen, Harris, Riggins, Simpson, Perry and Campbell, all of whom (except Joe Perry? ) made it on the first ballot, I believe.

Throw-in the fact that Bettis may appear regularly on the NFL Network, keeping his face and accomplishments fresh in sportswriter's mind, and he'll be 99% assured of making it on his first try in Canton.
:thumbsup:

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 11:55 AM
He retired 5th on the All-Time rushing-record list, and those above him who are elligible made it on their first try (Peyton & Sanders ):
those below him who made it to Canton include Dikkerson, Dorsett, Brown, Allen, Harris, Riggins, Simpson, Perry and Campbell, all of whom (except Joe Perry? ) made it on the first ballot, I believe.

Throw-in the fact that Bettis may appear regularly on the NFL Network, keeping his face and accomplishments fresh in sportswriter's mind, and he'll be 99% assured of making it on his first try in Canton.
:thumbsup:

and he's such a beloved person who keeps his act together off the field. IMO, that is factored in (even though it isnt suppose to be). Just ask Michael Irvin :sofunny:

PisnNapalm
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
There's something about that picture I don't like. It's not that Jerome is retiring. There's something... I dunno... uncomfortable about it.

This is the pic I will remember when I think back about his retirement.

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/sbxl_bettis_trophy.jpg

Jerome was able to do what so many wish they could. He retired without regrets. (I don't think he has any.)

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
There's something about that picture I don't like. It's not that Jerome is retiring. There's something... I dunno... uncomfortable about it.

This is the pic I will remember when I think back about his retirement.

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/sbxl_bettis_trophy.jpg

Jerome was able to do what so many wish they could. He retired without regrets. (I don't think he has any.)

yea, I know what you mean. its a pic that might be more appropriate after last years AFC loss - black jerseys and all.

CASTEEL
02-09-2006, 12:07 PM

I know what you mean.... I love the concept, but there is something about the way the shot is composed that doesn't quite work.

I would like to see the other shots in that series.....surely there's a better one to pick....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-09-2006, 12:25 PM
first time in..yes...Hes a great football player, and just a great guy off the field.

drizze99
02-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I think the pic would have been better if Faneca and Hartings were opening the door for him. Afterall, how many holes did they open up for him!!

WWIIOwheelz
02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
It's too serious. He had a happy end to his career, and it should be portrayed as such. Hines & Ben should be holding the door with their feet while applauding, and all 3 of them should be ..... smiling.

BB2W
02-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Great picture... :frown:

klick81
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM
It's a sad picture. I like it, but what you all are saying is true.

pitt
02-09-2006, 02:28 PM
This is so sad. I'm going to really miss Jerome. Great pics though.

SalukiSteelers
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it's a sad pitcture but I think that for Steelers fans the joy of the Super Bowl win was tempered with a little sadness regarding Bettis' retirement. Plus, Bus was a guy who loved football with all he had so it had to be bittersweet for him to realize that he wouldn't be around the guys in the lockerroom and on the field. I agree with the poster who said that offensive linemen should have opened the door for him in the sense that they opened so many holes over his career but the choice of Hines and Ben is fitting, as well. Hines was in tears last season after the loss to the Pats when he realized that Bus may have ended his career with a loss; Ben pulled a Namath and guaranteed Bus that he would lead the Steelers to a title. I think because of those two factors, and Ben and Hines' status as the faces of the organization, the choice was fine. Either way, whether it was the O-line or skill players, I think the best choice would have been Bus walking in between two lines of Steelers, in uniform, holding up their helmets in salute.

silver & black
02-09-2006, 02:36 PM
He's a lock in his first year. No way he doesn't make it first time.

AustinSeahawk
02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I think he's a definite HOF candidate the first time through. He's always been a class act, and the numbers speak for themselves. Going out with a Super Bowl win makes it a lock.

I also feel weird about that picture, though I'm not the Steeler fan that you all are. It does seem somber. If I were a Steeler fan, I would prefer the one with him holding up the trophy, or at least one with him smiling.

BigNastyD
02-09-2006, 03:03 PM
You have to look at the picture through the eyes of Jerome and not a fan. Like he is thinking "I have achieved all that I asked for, but I am walking out of a place that I called home for 10 years. The fans, the teammates, the coaches and the owners. This is my family"

Would you rather him look like "Thanks bitches....I got my trophy and I am out...Peace!"

OX1947
02-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Would you rather him look like "Thanks bitches....I got my trophy and I am out...Peace!"

HAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
I think the pic would have been better if Faneca and Hartings were opening the door for him. After-all, how many holes did they open up for him!!
If that is the criteria, what about Tim Lester and Dan Kreider?
:wink:

TapOut64
02-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Nice pic but it made me sad.

GoStillersGo
02-09-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't like it. Looks like they're showing him the door.

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
HERE is the picture of Bettis that "I" will remember from his final season:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img9152957.jpg
15+ yards downfield, knocking would-be tacklers aside after battering a few linebackers around at the line-of-scrimmage, eyes fixed firmly on the goal-line.....

Justin Otstott
02-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Where did that pic come from?