PDA

View Full Version : ty law talking trash before eagles sb

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 10:37 AM
since i have been so kindly accused of making stuff up and "blowing hot air" concerning ty law here is a link with the actual quotes. please forgive me for not finding the link of ty law getting busted crossing the canadian border with ecxtasy, running on foot from the police, or blasting bill belichick before his final season with the patriots. we all know it happened anyways.

http://mb3.scout.com/ffootballfrm78.showMessage?topicID=60.topic

some of the patriot faithful seem to believe none of their players or coaches would act like a low rent trash talker such as joey porter or bill cowher. sure joey talks trash, BEFORE THE GAME. the difference is the patriots, in true bush league fashion, will remain silent before a game and then flap their gums after( and only after) they win. pretty chicken shit if you ask me.

joey porter didnt thump his chest and say i told you so after the colts game. after the sb when asked about stevens, he pretty much said the game was over, the steelers won, and hes not about kicking someone when theyre down.

yet the ever so classy patriot players feel the need to mock t.o. 3 times in the super bowl.
the king of class, tom brady can say how much he hates this place (referring to hienz field) as he marches off the field after a win, where as a "low rent trash talker" would have the balls to say it before a game.

whatever, trash talk is part of sports and some people are too thin skinned to stomach it. but dont turn a blind eye towards the fact that every team is out there doing it, whether it be publicly or in the locker room or on the field. hell mohammed ali is revered as probably the greatest athelete of all time, and he was the king of trash talk. it is one of the reasons he became an iconic figure in our society and his status transcends all of sports.

Suitanim
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Who are these "Patriots" you speak of?

83-Steelers-43
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
please forgive me for not finding the link of ty law getting busted crossing the canadian border with ecxtasy, running on foot from the police, or blasting bill belichick before his final season with the patriots. we all know it happened anyways.

For his X-bust: http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2000/1220/964027.html

For his foot chase in Miami: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1785289

As for his blasting of BB, could not find it, but I do recall it happening. Guy is a jackass.

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM
since i have been so kindly accused of making stuff up and "blowing hot air" concerning ty law here is a link with the actual quotes. please forgive me for not finding the link of ty law getting busted crossing the canadian border with ecxtasy, running on foot from the police, or blasting bill belichick before his final season with the patriots. we all know it happened anyways.

http://mb3.scout.com/ffootballfrm78.showMessage?topicID=60.topic

some of the patriot faithful seem to believe none of their players or coaches would act like a low rent trash talker such as joey porter or bill cowher. sure joey talks trash, BEFORE THE GAME. the difference is the patriots, in true bush league fashion, will remain silent before a game and then flap their gums after( and only after) they win. pretty chicken shit if you ask me.

joey porter didnt thump his chest and say i told you so after the colts game. after the sb when asked about stevens, he pretty much said the game was over, the steelers won, and hes not about kicking someone when theyre down.

yet the ever so classy patriot players feel the need to mock t.o. 3 times in the super bowl.
the king of class, tom brady can say how much he hates this place (referring to hienz field) as he marches off the field after a win, where as a "low rent trash talker" would have the balls to say it before a game.

whatever, trash talk is part of sports and some people are too thin skinned to stomach it. but dont turn a blind eye towards the fact that every team is out there doing it, whether it be publicly or in the locker room or on the field. hell mohammed ali is revered as probably the greatest athelete of all time, and he was the king of trash talk. it is one of the reasons he became an iconic figure in our society and his status transcends all of sports.

Woo Tony, I have just stopped laughing long enough to type this reply - you are one of a kind...thats for sure!

Not many guys would quote a message board when asked for factual evidence - by this token I can confirm that Steelers do indeed suck - check out this link to a browns board for confirmation

http://thebrownsboard.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/7246085224/m/2401016692

Considering the amount of success the Pats have had over the last 5 years I think they have remained amazingly level headed - they always give the opposition the utmost respect.

You need to work on your comparisons a little more Tony - boxing is not a team sport - the repercussions of smack talk fall upon Joey's whole team...not just him.

What happened to Joey's smack talk before the Pats came into your house and owned you twice in the AFCCG?

Didn't work out quite so well that time did it?

Im embarrassed that you would try to equate Muhammed Ali with Joey Porter!

NM

augustashark
02-09-2006, 02:11 PM
What happened to Joey's smack talk before the Pats came into your house and owned you twice in the AFCCG?

Didn't work out quite so well that time did it?

NM

LITP, Who are the WORLD CHAMPS?

This little smack above NOW holds no water....But as your screen names says your living in the past.

Next time please try to remember who won the SB this year!

I know it is very hard to come to grip with reality, but please try!

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 02:13 PM
whats the old saying? "laugh today, cry tomorrow"

another deflectionary tactic coupled with piss poor response. i already know you think the steelers can never match up to your patriots so save your link. your just pissed cause you were sure youre holy patriots would never "break rank" and talk trash. turns out you dont know your team as well as you thought.

you really come off as the bitter sore loser patfan when you try to insinuate that i was in any way comparing mohammed ali to joey porter, whereas anyone else who has 6th grade reading skills can clearly see i was addressing trash talk as being a part of sports. i used the most famous and well known example of this to support my stance (and no i dont have a link of ali talking trash)

and i dont see a link from you where porter was trashtalking the patriots. whats that have to do with your players talking trash anyways? why not address the points in the thread instead of running from them? i dont have to lie and try and deny he does it. neither does he. or cowher.

you said "Considering the amount of success the Pats have had over the last 5 years I think they have remained amazingly level headed - they always give the opposition the utmost respect." well i KNOW that they ALWAYS dont.

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
its amazing that 1 little joke/remark by freddie mitchell was reported about and made into a week long media frenzy, while much more inflamitory remarks made by an injured patriot star were swept under the rug and never mentionned by the media.

its pretty petty to not be able to win without all the "locker room material" being served to them on a silver platter.

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
whats the old saying? "laugh today, cry tomorrow"

another deflectionary tactic coupled with piss poor response. i already know you think the steelers can never match up to your patriots so save your link. your just pissed cause you were sure youre holy patriots would never "break rank" and talk trash. turns out you dont know your team as well as you thought.

you really come off as the bitter sore loser patfan when you try to insinuate that i was in any way comparing mohammed ali to joey porter, whereas anyone else who has 6th grade reading skills can clearly see i was addressing trash talk as being a part of sports. i used the most famous and well known example of this to support my stance (and no i dont have a link of ali talking trash)

and i dont see a link from you where porter was trashtalking the patriots. whats that have to do with your players talking trash anyways? why not address the points in the thread instead of running from them? i dont have to lie and try and deny he does it. neither does he. or cowher.

you said "Considering the amount of success the Pats have had over the last 5 years I think they have remained amazingly level headed - they always give the opposition the utmost respect." well i KNOW that they ALWAYS dont.

Calm down Tony, anyone would think I was deliberately pushing your buttons if they read your reply!

You rarely answer any of my points directly on the others threads we have 'debated' on - always one diversionary tactic after another.

You nearly always misrepresent and deliberately misunderstand the points I try to make - enjoy the view from my side :sofunny:

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 02:47 PM
its amazing that 1 little joke/remark by freddie mitchell was reported about and made into a week long media frenzy, while much more inflamitory remarks made by an injured patriot star were swept under the rug and never mentionned by the media.

its pretty petty to not be able to win without all the "locker room material" being served to them on a silver platter.

Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 02:50 PM
LITP, Who are the WORLD CHAMPS?

This little smack above NOW holds no water....But as your screen names says your living in the past.

Next time please try to remember who won the SB this year!

I know it is very hard to come to grip with reality, but please try!

Still....own...you.

NM

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about.

NM

if the shoe fits.....

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 03:02 PM
if the shoe fits.....

Ya didnt let me finish.

What I was going to say was "Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about. The same one that influenced the refs to rule favorably towards the Steelers in the 'Bettis Bowl'"

I look forward to your analysis of the video that cgesolo provided. It's had lots of visits but precious little in the way of replies.

NM

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 03:04 PM
You rarely answer any of my points directly on the others threads we have 'debated' on - always one diversionary tactic after another.

You nearly always misrepresent and deliberately misunderstand the points I try to make -

NM

hot air. link? :cool:

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Ya didnt let me finish.

What I was going to say was "Wow maybe this is part of the NFL/media conspiracy I keep hearing about. The same one that influenced the refs to rule favorably towards the Steelers in the 'Bettis Bowl'"

I look forward to your analysis of the video that cgesolo provided. It's had lots of visits but precious little in the way of replies.

NM yes i saw the sugar coated bait you put out. you just want to bew on the other side of the 5 year old tuck rule argument huh? i wont argue judgement calls that were made concerning millimeters or microseconds. i saw ben scored a td. if it was as blatant a mistake as testaverde vs. the seahawks i would say so. holding and pi calls were correctly made according to the rule. stupid rule? maybe wrong call? no. penalty on hasselbeck was a bad call but from the angle the ref was i can see where a mistake was made. keep in mind that these million dollar atheletes are much faster than the refs and they arent always in position to make the correct call. seahawks had some bad calls not go there way. steelers had atleast 2 not go their way either.

all this is moot. the steelers were gonna win regardless, even if no penalties were called at all. it was there destiny and many teams this year have gotten out to a quick start against the steelers only to be gassed midway through the 3rd quarter.

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 03:36 PM
hot air. link? :cool:

Bear in mind this is just from one thread - a great example of the nonsense you are liable to spew once the Patriots enter the conversation

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=60470#post60470

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=60431#post60431

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=60394#post60394

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=59659#post59659

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=59083#post59083

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 03:44 PM
yes i saw the sugar coated bait you put out. you just want to bew on the other side of the 5 year old tuck rule argument huh? i wont argue judgement calls that were made concerning millimeters or microseconds. i saw ben scored a td. if it was as blatant a mistake as testaverde vs. the seahawks i would say so. holding and pi calls were correctly made according to the rule. stupid rule? maybe wrong call? no. penalty on hasselbeck was a bad call but from the angle the ref was i can see where a mistake was made. keep in mind that these million dollar atheletes are much faster than the refs and they arent always in position to make the correct call. seahawks had some bad calls not go there way. steelers had atleast 2 not go their way either.

all this is moot. the steelers were gonna win regardless, even if no penalties were called at all. it was there destiny and many teams this year have gotten out to a quick start against the steelers only to be gassed midway through the 3rd quarter.

What noise does a buzzer make when you answer incorrectly on a quiz show? ehhh errr?

Anyway, that sound went off in my head right after reading this post.

The 'tuck rule' call was actually reversal of the call on the field - there was overwhelming evidence that Brady's arm was moving forward - it may well be a dumb rule - but it is a rule nonetheless.

The problem with the SB calls was that they were always made in favor of the Steelers on the field - therefore making it extremely difficult for the ref in the booth to over-rule.

I mean, the fumble given against Hasselbeck (that was overruled) was absolutely laughable - I mean i actually laughed and shook my head - how much seperation was their between the defender and Hasselbeck as he hit the deck?

A couple of yards at least.

This nonsense I keep hearing about how the 'Steelers would have scored anyway on 4th down' is laughable also - we only have Cowhers word for it he would have gone for it - and who says Ben doesnt fumble like he did on the 'TD' run?

You wont get any argument from me that the Steelers were comfortably the better team on paper and would win that game 8times out of 10 - but the way the Steelers were playing it was shaping up like one of those 2 other times.

NM

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
i know what the tuck rule is and it was the correct call. just like the pi interference call on d. jackson was the correct call. dumb rule but correct call. like i told several seahawk fans dont bitch about the officials who were doing their job, bitch about the stupid rule. my point of the tuck rule is that you as a patfan has had to defend that ruling and your championship being called tainted, and im sure you would just love to deflect that onto the steelers. now you can say someone elses sb is tainted for the next 5 years. that must be a big time burden and weight lifted off your shoulders. you might wanna get that persistant buzzing noise in your head checked out by a doctor. seems like you think EVERYBODY is wrong ALL the time.

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Bear in mind this is just from one thread - a great example of the nonsense you are liable to spew once the Patriots enter the conversation

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=60470#post60470

NM

you call this nonsense? in reference of ben being capable of a game winning drive with 1:21 left on the clock i even cited examples in his career:

"i relish that opportunity. hes proven he can do just that plenty of times in his short career. (dallas, jax, san diego, pats, jets, etc. the 2 minute drill is nothing to him) in fact i contend had he not made the game saving tackle against nick harper in the colts game ben wouldve driven the team down to score a td with a minute left in the game.

just remember tom brady didnt invent, nor does he have a monopoly on the game winning drive (contrary to what patfans believe)"

lmao! nice archive of me slicing up your pathetic arguments. :sofunny: but i guess iff you and 3 to be 4 say it cant be done it must be true :rolleyes: :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
you call this nonsense? in reference of ben being capable of a game winning drive with 1:21 left on the clock i even cited examples in his career:

"i relish that opportunity. hes proven he can do just that plenty of times in his short career. (dallas, jax, san diego, pats, jets, etc. the 2 minute drill is nothing to him) in fact i contend had he not made the game saving tackle against nick harper in the colts game ben wouldve driven the team down to score a td with a minute left in the game.

just remember tom brady didnt invent, nor does he have a monopoly on the game winning drive (contrary to what patfans believe)"

lmao! nice archive of me slicing up your pathetic arguments. :sofunny: but i guess iff you and 3 to be 4 say it cant be done it must be true :rolleyes: :sofunny:

Well your copy-paste skills work ok I guess - but we still have a long way to go.......

Your assertion that Pat fans think that Tom brady 'invented' the game winning drive just shows the sort of tactics you use when getting outflanked in a debate - you use arguments that even you don't believe!

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 05:00 PM
i know what the tuck rule is and it was the correct call. just like the pi interference call on d. jackson was the correct call. dumb rule but correct call. like i told several seahawk fans dont bitch about the officials who were doing their job, bitch about the stupid rule. my point of the tuck rule is that you as a patfan has had to defend that ruling and your championship being called tainted, and im sure you would just love to deflect that onto the steelers. now you can say someone elses sb is tainted for the next 5 years. that must be a big time burden and weight lifted off your shoulders. you might wanna get that persistant buzzing noise in your head checked out by a doctor. seems like you think EVERYBODY is wrong ALL the time.

The diference being that ours was one correct ruling - yours was a number of very questionable decisons - a different ball park Tony.

NM

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Well your copy-paste skills work ok I guess - but we still have a long way to go.......

Your assertion that Pat fans think that Tom brady 'invented' the game winning drive just shows the sort of tactics you use when getting outflanked in a debate - you use arguments that even you don't believe!

NM outflanked????:sofunny: maybe its the delusions of grandeur causing that repetitive buzzing in your head.

arguments i dont believe????:sofunny: like i said, i KNOW ben can win a game in the final minute in a half. ive seen it. i KNOW brady didnt invent the 2 minute drill. ive seen it long before brady came along.

i know your not this stupid. why do you enjoy appearing as though you are?

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 05:26 PM
The diference being that ours was one correct ruling - yours was a number of very questionable decisons - a different ball park Tony.

NM yaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn!

it was only correct because of what was ruled on the field. and you only believe it was correct cause it went in your favor. most of these calls (including the tuck rule) were questionnable because they are judgement calls based on millimeters and microseconds. really as i bask in the glow of a championship, arguing balls and strikes is really beneath me, which is probably why no one has eaten your sugar coated bait.

i see you working. i think youre just a little bitter cause you have been waiting all year for the steelers to fall on their face so you could come here and gloat and say i told you so, and spread your omniescient knowledge. pathetic.

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
outflanked????:sofunny: maybe its the delusions of grandeur causing that repetitive buzzing in your head.

arguments i dont believe????:sofunny: like i said, i KNOW ben can win a game in the final minute in a half. ive seen it. i KNOW brady didnt invent the 2 minute drill. ive seen it long before brady came along.

i know your not this stupid. why do you enjoy appearing as though you are?

Come on Tony,

I shouldn't have to explain things to you like I do for Augusta Stalker!

You make comments like "pat fans think Brady invented game winning drives" - what pat fans are these Tony?

I dont think you know any Pat fans that think this.

What I am saying is that you make stupid comments like this to try and disguise the fact that you are getting soundly beaten in a debate.

Or maybe you do really think Pats fans are of the opinion that Tom Brady invented the game winning drive?

Tell me it aint so Tony.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 05:35 PM
yaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnn!

it was only correct because of what was ruled on the field. and you only believe it was correct cause it went in your favor. most of these calls (including the tuck rule) were questionnable because they are judgement calls based on millimeters and microseconds. really as i bask in the glow of a championship, arguing balls and strikes is really beneath me, which is probably why no one has eaten your sugar coated bait.

i see you working. i think youre just a little bitter cause you have been waiting all year for the steelers to fall on their face so you could come here and gloat and say i told you so, and spread your omniescient knowledge. pathetic.

You brought up the attempted comparison - there is none.

The Patriots call is 100% right - you admitted as much yourself - many of the Steelers calls weren't.

Like I said, instead of muttering about Ben's TD - why dont you review the video cgesolo did?

That would be far more interesting than you trying lay smack down on a player who hasn't been a Patriot for over a year.

NM

augustashark
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Tony,

You can't debate the DUMB, The DUMB always keeps going and going and going and going!

He's as bad as that damn rabbit! His posts are quickly becoming classics at bellview!

Plus I've said it before he is a:pw: :pw:

silver & black
02-09-2006, 05:40 PM
What noise does a buzzer make when you answer incorrectly on a quiz show? ehhh errr?

Anyway, that sound went off in my head right after reading this post.

The 'tuck rule' call was actually reversal of the call on the field - there was overwhelming evidence that Brady's arm was moving forward - it may well be a dumb rule - but it is a rule nonetheless.

The problem with the SB calls was that they were always made in favor of the Steelers on the field - therefore making it extremely difficult for the ref in the booth to over-rule.

I mean, the fumble given against Hasselbeck (that was overruled) was absolutely laughable - I mean i actually laughed and shook my head - how much seperation was their between the defender and Hasselbeck as he hit the deck?

A couple of yards at least.

This nonsense I keep hearing about how the 'Steelers would have scored anyway on 4th down' is laughable also - we only have Cowhers word for it he would have gone for it - and who says Ben doesnt fumble like he did on the 'TD' run?

You wont get any argument from me that the Steelers were comfortably the better team on paper and would win that game 8times out of 10 - but the way the Steelers were playing it was shaping up like one of those 2 other times.

NM
I don't see how anyone can watch the "snow job" and say it was not a fumble. I have watched it it at least 100 times, from every concievable angle that is available from. It was plainly a fumble!

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
That would be far more interesting than you trying lay smack down on a player who hasn't been a Patriot for over a year.

NM

so youre through defending ty law once i exposed that you didnt know as much about him as i thought? :sofunny:

there is a comparrison because both plays were very close calls that went to the booth for review. and actually the one on bens td was the correct one cause like in the tuck rule there really was not enough evidence coming down to millimeters and microseconds to overturn the call. the call on the field shouldve stood.

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Come on Tony,

I shouldn't have to explain things to you like I do for Augusta Stalker!

You make comments like "pat fans think Brady invented game winning drives" - what pat fans are these Tony?

I dont think you know any Pat fans that think this.

What I am saying is that you make stupid comments like this to try and disguise the fact that you are getting soundly beaten in a debate.

Or maybe you do really think Pats fans are of the opinion that Tom Brady invented the game winning drive?

Tell me it aint so Tony.

NM

its called smack and talkin shit about you guys and the delusions of grandeur. and since you dont approve of smacktalk and the such going on in sports i can see why it irks you so much on a message board. :sofunny: lighten up. havent you ever sat around with a group of guys, watching football, talking shit and ribbing on eachother? cutting up and having fun? if not i feel sorry for you

3 to be 4
02-09-2006, 08:50 PM

yawn. that old tired comment again? WHO ever said Brady invented game winning drives?? I believe ive more than on one occassion cited Elway,Unitas,Montana,Starr,Staubach as others Brady is only trying to catch up to in that regard. And there are other who can do it in regular season settings. And there are others who cant do it at all. Of course Ben can do it. He just hasnt done it in a championship game. What in tarnation is false with that statement? I love Roethlisburgers game and id even go as far as saying that right now hes the 2nd best QB in football after Brady. If you call that a "diss" than you have no perspective.

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 11:28 PM
its called smack and talkin shit about you guys and the delusions of grandeur. and since you dont approve of smacktalk and the such going on in sports i can see why it irks you so much on a message board. :sofunny: lighten up. havent you ever sat around with a group of guys, watching football, talking shit and ribbing on eachother? cutting up and having fun? if not i feel sorry for you

I would say the 'talking shit' aspect of your monologues certainly applies.

Seems to me you are unable to discuss football without 'smack' then - I wonder how that would work if I repeatedly put Ben's SB figures into the discussion and labelled him a passenger in his own SB win?

The only worthwhile play he made all game was a passing version of a coffin corner punt that Hines Ward somehow pulled in - credit it to him for that.

Maybe we should label him a cheat for the blatant 2nd move he made whilst clearly 'down' on his 'TD'?

NM

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't see how anyone can watch the "snow job" and say it was not a fumble. I have watched it it at least 100 times, from every concievable angle that is available from. It was plainly a fumble!

Out of interest, if we polled 1000 fans from random football teams, that weren't Raiders or Patriots, how many would agree with you?

I mean, it really wasn't a fumble.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2006, 12:00 AM
What this, u mean Ty Law actually talks smack ?? Nah !!!!

Livinginthe past
02-10-2006, 07:00 AM
What this, u mean Ty Law actually talks smack ?? Nah !!!!

Apparently so.

He was quoted over a year ago saying the "Fred will be Fred" - if I was Mr Flintstone i'd have sued for libel months ago.

NM

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Seems to me you are unable to discuss football without 'smack' then - I wonder how that would work if I repeatedly put Ben's SB figures into the discussion and labelled him a passenger in his own SB win?

NM

well it also "seemed" to you that:
- the pats were the best team in the playoffs.
-that cowher couldnt win the big game
-that ben couldnt win coming from behind
-that ben couldnt win without a running game
-that ben couldnt win throwing more than 20 times

so that works fine for me if you repeatedly put bens sb #'s into the discussion. i did the same with aikman till the day he retired. but instead of just labelling him a passenger, give credit where credit is due and call him a passenger on THE BUS. :cool:

i will respond with:
-bens perfect 13-0 season last year (a league record) that will never be broken
-bens record rookie passer rating
-ben calling his own shot, telling jerome he would get him home to detroit
-ben accurately predicting that the steelers can be better at 11-5 than 15-1
-ben promising jerome 4 gameballs before the playoffs (again calling his own shot)
-ben leading his team as the #6 seed on the road all the way to the sb, winning against
the #1, 2, 3, &1 seeds
-ben becoming the youngest qb to win a sb
-bens 27-4 record as a starter in his 1st 2 years

most of these are feats that will never be topped, and ben is well on pace to accomplish much more. hang your smacktalk hat on one or 2 games. suits me just fine.

so i can assume youre done defending your boy ty law, saying he never talked no smack before big games? that no patriot player would ever break rank? or are you just chalking this up as another of the many debates ive lost?

hilarious!

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 10:10 AM
yawn. that old tired comment again? WHO ever said Brady invented game winning drives?? I believe ive more than on one occassion cited Elway,Unitas,Montana,Starr,Staubach as others Brady is only trying to catch up to in that regard. And there are other who can do it in regular season settings. And there are others who cant do it at all. Of course Ben can do it. He just hasnt done it in a championship game. What in tarnation is false with that statement? I love Roethlisburgers game and id even go as far as saying that right now hes the 2nd best QB in football after Brady. If you call that a "diss" than you have no perspective. i guess i unfairly mentionned you cause the post that litp brought up was one from a discussion you and i were having a while back. i didnt go back and re-read the whole thread. but yes i havent forgotten your stance on big ben and think having him mentionned in the same breath as brady is quite a compliment. especially coming from a patfan.

Livinginthe past
02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
well it also "seemed" to you that:
- the pats were the best team in the playoffs.
-that cowher couldnt win the big game
-that ben couldnt win coming from behind
-that ben couldnt win without a running game
-that ben couldnt win throwing more than 20 times

so that works fine for me if you repeatedly put bens sb #'s into the discussion. i did the same with aikman till the day he retired. but instead of just labelling him a passenger, give credit where credit is due and call him a passenger on THE BUS. :cool:

i will respond with:
-bens perfect 13-0 season last year (a league record) that will never be broken
-bens record rookie passer rating
-ben calling his own shot, telling jerome he would get him home to detroit
-ben accurately predicting that the steelers can be better at 11-5 than 15-1
-ben promising jerome 4 gameballs before the playoffs (again calling his own shot)
-ben leading his team as the #6 seed on the road all the way to the sb, winning against
the #1, 2, 3, &1 seeds
-ben becoming the youngest qb to win a sb
-bens 27-4 record as a starter in his 1st 2 years

most of these are feats that will never be topped, and ben is well on pace to accomplish much more. hang your smacktalk hat on one or 2 games. suits me just fine.

so i can assume youre done defending your boy ty law, saying he never talked no smack before big games? that no patriot player would ever break rank? or are you just chalking this up as another of the many debates ive lost?

hilarious!

Bleh.

I thought the whole idea with smack talk is that we totally disengage our brains?

At least that seems to be your modus operandi anyway.

You know full well that I was impressed with Ben right at the beginning of the year - after watching Brady play you get an idea of the type of QB who may have a little something special.

Seems to me Tony that if you keep guessing heads you are eventually going to call the coin toss correctly.

Im pretty sure that you have been in Cowhers corner every year of his stewardship - chanting to yourself - "This is the year" - well done 13th time lucky I suppose.

Maybe if we engage our brains again you would be good enough to show where I said that Ben can't win without a running game - I merely said he hadn't done it yet.

Same with Cowher - maybe this win erases all the pain from the last few years - all I know is - if Cowher can take the plaudits for this SB run and victory he should be held responsible for past playoff defeats, especially when at home.

The facts were that Cowher hadn't got it done - which made him less of an elite coach - now he has achieved that I can give him serious consideration in that area.

The thing is, because I am realtively neutral I wont give Pittsburgh players or coaches credit for things they havent achieved yet - as a Pittsburgh fan you are bound to be biased - as I am with the Patriots.

Again with your last quote, find me where I said Pittsburgh couldnt win if Ben threw 20 times.......I know you can't.

I think you will find that your ripostes to my 'smack' fall on stony ground - I have given ben plenty of credit in the past - including putting him in the elite division of QB's in the NFL after the Denver game.

The only difference between us is that your extreme dislike of the Patriots colors your view and leads to frankly ridiculous discussion where you spend most of the time trying to 'push buttons'

NM

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Again with your last quote, find me where I said Pittsburgh couldnt win if Ben threw 20 times.......I know you can't.

NM

what quote? i just said it "seems". really just an insinuation not an accusation.

you know....how it seems i am incapable of talking football without smack? keep in mind im not trying to give any dissertations on a message board as i discuss football related topics. and very rarely am i ever serious.

but yeah, i dont like brady, i dont root for him, and i know that pisses patriot fans off. but by the same token brady dont like the steelers or their fans. turn about is fairplay; however i can give credit where credit is due. for instance, in the jagoffs playoff game, in the 1st quarter, he threw one of the sweetest no look passes i have EVER seen. the one that hit the ref in the head. it was incomplete but had the ref not been there it really wouldve been amazingly on point. the target even seemed to be out of his peripheral.

silver & black
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Apparently so.

He was quoted over a year ago saying the "Fred will be Fred" - if I was Mr Flintstone i'd have sued for libel months ago.

NM
To be honest with you, I have watched it with Steeler fans, Browns fans, Bengals fans, Redskins fans, and Dolphins fans... all agree it was a fumbe, and at the very least was inconclusive and the call should have stood as called on the field.

I'm not going to cry over spilled milk... I'm just sayin'.

OOPS! Sorry about that. This was in reply to "the fumble".

3 to be 4
02-10-2006, 07:11 PM
i guess i unfairly mentionned you cause the post that litp brought up was one from a discussion you and i were having a while back. i didnt go back and re-read the whole thread. but yes i havent forgotten your stance on big ben and think having him mentionned in the same breath as brady is quite a compliment. especially coming from a patfan.

I really try to be as an objective sports fan as possible above being a "homer" as most fans are. Bostonians are well known for overblowing their own players such as Mo Vaughn, Drew Bledsoe, Ray Bourque, Terry O'Reilly, Steve Grogan, Nomar Garciaparra, and Trot Nixon to name just a few. Even McHale a little bit. He was fabulous for about 3 years before the broken foot slowed him down. The truly great ones have been Williams, Yastrzemski, Russell, Havlicek,Cousy,Bird,Orr, and now Tom Brady.
The flip side of that is seeing the talents of players outside of your own zip code. I dont see how you can watch Roethlisburger and not see something very special. I dont use stats as a barometer, never will. Although his SB performance was hardly awe inspiring the fact is his team won. Good enough for me.