PDA

View Full Version : The Year of the Eagle

McNabbulous5
03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I think this year will be the year the Eagles win it all... We came close last year but I believe that we will be even better than last year. I think that the defense will be even tougher then last year. With Trotter back in the middle to stuff the run and The Freak on one side with ND Kalu on the other and the whole secondary being as good as they are and the list of names goes on and on... I think that McNabb and Owens will be the best QB/WR combo since Steve Young and Jerry Rice from San Francisco. Greg Lewis is coming into his own and L.J Smith starting to gel into the system I think they are an unstoppable force. All we really need is some depth behind Westbrook and someone who can really compliment Owens on the other side... Too Bad Burress didnt see the light :o and 13 draft picks with 5 on the first day... Expect to see the Eagles in the big dance again :)

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok first off..ur talking smack about the beagles when we totally destroyed you in 2004. it wasnt even close. You had Mcnabb and TO and didnt do shit against the best 3-4 defense in the NFL. I know duce was chompin at the bit to play in that game, and had he played you would have been annihilated even more !

You guys got some talent..but when you consider how WEAK the NFC is these day, its no wonder you got as far as you did. I mean, comon, look a the teams that were in the nfc playoffs! the only real competition in there was atlanta and they werent quite ready to take the next step yet anyways.

They'll be even more of force this year, so dont count on that Vince Lombardi trophy being in Philly just yet..becuz like you, WE ARE pickin up right where we left off in 2004! One for the thumb and TO will be spending late january in his chamber !!!

ironcitychef
03-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I think this year will be the year the Eagles win it all...

Didn't you post here in 2002,2003, and 2004? It said you had a post count of three so I was just wondering?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-01-2005, 12:01 AM
:toofunny: You just got owned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownskikass
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
The Panthers will win the NFC. Enough said. Iglle fan go choke again

clevestinks
04-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Feb.
Detroit.
teams AFC Pittsburgh Steelers
NFC Philly Eagles Steelers 27 Eagles 10
stats Owens 1 catch 7 yards.

Brownskikass
04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Feb.
Detroit.
teams AFC Pittsburgh Steelers
NFC Philly Eagles Steelers 27 Eagles 10
stats Owens 1 catch 7 yards.

Feb.
Cleveland.
Teams: Cleveland Browns

What the hell are they doing?

WATCHING THE SUPERBOWL OF COURSE!!! :D

HinesWard4Life8682
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM
wow brownie never saw a guy rip on his own team so much lmaoo

and plus mcnabb chokes all the time, i see the panthers or falcons going for the NFC

and for the AFC of course the steelers

Brownskikass
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Rip on my own team???

My friend I have to be realistic....

Superbowl Prediction???

Panthers/Patriots

Patsies win 4th in 5 years and become best team ever

Steelersfan
04-02-2005, 02:09 AM
The Pats will not win it again this year. They have had way too many departures and the problems with Bruschi to win the SB. I'm sure they'll be competitive but will be lucky to make the playoffs.

I like the Panthers in the NFC and I think it comes down to the Steelers, Ratbirds and Colts in the AFC.

clevestinks
04-02-2005, 06:32 AM
BKA, I`ll make a deal with you. If Pats win the superbowl, I`ll start rooting on the stains, If the Steelers win the Ring, you become a Steelers fan.

Brownskikass
04-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Hell no!

I cant risk becoming a Pitt fan!

Orange and Brown baby!

(Plus people will think I a bamdwagon and traitor, two things I am not)

hardwork
04-02-2005, 07:44 AM
"WE ARE pickin up right where we left off"

That's right. Getting 41 points scored on you.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Look for Brett Favre to make one last big stand this year and make it to the post season. I highly doubt he'll play past the 2005 season, but with Brett, you never know though. Either way, I wouldnt count out the packers this year. Im not saying a SB win is any kinda realistic shot, but definately a post season run is in order.

ironcitychef
04-02-2005, 11:29 PM
"(Plus people will think I a bamdwagon and traitor, two things I am not)"
"Patsies win 4th in 5 years and become best team ever"

Well you are well on your way BKA!
And HW if starting where you left off means thinking you are better off without important members of your franchise, then yes you are.

Brownskikass
04-03-2005, 09:42 AM
"(Plus people will think I a bamdwagon and traitor, two things I am not)"
"Patsies win 4th in 5 years and become best team ever"

Well you are well on your way BKA!
And HW if starting where you left off means thinking you are better off without important members of your franchise, then yes you are.

If they win 4 of 5 they will be best ever and I think they will....So how I am I a bandwagoner? Do I root for the Patsies? HELL NO! I hate em! But fact is, every year I doubt Bellicheck and every year he wins! So this year Im not gonna doubt him, Im gonna say he wins it all....Bandwagon? Check out my favorite team....

Theres a difference on who you'll think will win and who you root for.....

clevestinks
04-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Hell no!

I cant risk becoming a Pitt fan!

Orange and Brown baby!

(Plus people will think I a bamdwagon and traitor, two things I am not)

You really like brown and orange? Those colors suck. Even if your not a Steelers fan everyone knows Black and Gold Rule. best color combo in any sport. Plus all three of our teams wear it.
Pats fan, i can`t argue with Red,White, and Blue though

Brownskikass
04-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Personally, the Texans, IMO have the best jerseys....

We have some of the ugliest colors but black and yellow aint much better AT ALL

BEST: Texans

Worst: Ravens, Vikings, browns, Steelers

HinesWard4Life8682
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Look for Brett Favre to make one last big stand this year and make it to the post season. I highly doubt he'll play past the 2005 season, but with Brett, you never know though. Either way, I wouldnt count out the packers this year. Im not saying a SB win is any kinda realistic shot, but definately a post season run is in order.

Blitz, i don't think they will make it to the playoffs, although they still have a good offense with driver and walker and ahman green, they lost two of their best O-lineman. They are also losing defense by letting go darren shaper and others, i dont think they will make the playoffs. Plus, I think lions will be better than them and so will the vikes. Possibly even the bears if they draft Braylon Edwards and they will have muhsin Muhammad. They also have Urlacher (if healthy) on the other side of the ball

HinesWard4Life8682
04-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Personally, the Texans, IMO have the best jerseys....

We have some of the ugliest colors but black and yellow aint much better AT ALL

BEST: Texans

Worst: Ravens, Vikings, browns, Steelers

Best: Steelers (away jerseys), Bengals, Rams, Falcons

Worst: Browns, Jets, bills, packers, Colts

hardwork
04-03-2005, 05:59 PM
"Do I root for the Patsies? HELL NO! I hate em!"

Why do you hate 'em? They haven't done anything to you, you haven't done to yourself. Now, if you were a Colt, or Steeler fan, I could understand.

"Patsies"

BTW, that's the Patriots to you son.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Blitz, i don't think they will make it to the playoffs, although they still have a good offense with driver and walker and ahman green, they lost two of their best O-lineman. They are also losing defense by letting go darren shaper and others, i dont think they will make the playoffs. Plus, I think lions will be better than them and so will the vikes. Possibly even the bears if they draft Braylon Edwards and they will have muhsin Muhammad. They also have Urlacher (if healthy) on the other side of the ball

looking at their team so far this offseason, I can certainly see your point, and agree with it. I think the same way right now..but Favre is a winner and if he's gonna go out next year (which the fact that he had to think about it this year makes it somewhat obvious that he could be done after 2005) I just gotta think he's gonna pick this team up this year and give it all he's got 1 last time.

but we'll see.

ironcitychef
04-04-2005, 12:20 AM
BKA, sorry to ruffle the feathers, but once again you have come to the right place on how to support your team...

Supporting your team is always a looking forward proposition. No matter what your record, roster, or schedule, you should always be confident about your teams future outcomes. I'm not saying if you are a 49ers fan you should be talking Super Bowl, but its offseason. Talk about playoffs. Not hard to believe nowadays. Plenty of teams go 5-11 or 6-10 and then win in the playoffs. Now hindsight is different. Its okay after the fact to admit your teams weaknesses, but show that its not impossible(Pedro's daddy comment). At the end of the season, say its okay that the Browns were last in the league in rush D. And that your front office is smart for dumping the underproducing line that caused it. Then get fired up over a new coach and probably a new QB(besides Dilfer)and be gutsy a predict a Division crown. Heck, why not call for a 1st round home playoff game. Now you are creating what we call 'Buzz'. Soon all those annonymous visitors to the site are talking at the watercoolers, then talking to friends and buying tickets to the games, then the front office is more concerned about putting out a winning product...and it snowballs.

But back to point. To say NE will win the SuperBowl and become the greatest ever, either you are really superstitious and are trying to jinx them, or you might as well go into hibernation and wake up in March and catch up on whats happened. By the way, I'll let you know that the Steelers will be Super Bowl champs.

Brownskikass
04-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Alright, I make an argument for the Browns....They will go 10-6 and make the wildcard....

They have a QB that could inally play up to potential

Their RBs are a dynamic duo

If Andre Davis and Kellen Winslow stay healthy, the WR game looks mighty fine

The O-Line is the most improved of any NFL team, look for the run game to improve

The Browns D-Line will be under head coach Romeo Crennel, he'll work wonders

The Browns have a lot of spped at LB and with Holman, Davis and hopefully Derrick Johnson, that LB core will be stellar :cool:

The Secondary now consists of McCutchon, Baxter, Sean Jones and Bryant Russel....Baxter is a solid CB on the rise, McCutch is a hard worker, Russel had 8 INTs with the Vikes in 03 and Sean Jones is a 2nd round pick who was injured all last year

Our coaching staff took a step up by hiring Romeo Crennel

Phil Savage(Our GM) was the Ravens V.P of Draft Operations and drafted such players as Ray Lew, Pete Boulware, Jamie Sharper, etc....He'll work wonders in this years draft....

THEIR!!! All the reasons why will go 10-6... :)

Brownskikass
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
"Do I root for the Patsies? HELL NO! I hate em!"

Why do you hate 'em? They haven't done anything to you, you haven't done to yourself. Now, if you were a Colt, or Steeler fan, I could understand.

"Patsies"

BTW, that's the Patriots to you son.

They win to much :)

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 03:37 PM
No.1 you don`t know for sure that your offensive line has improved, every stinking year I hear all the brownie fans that I live around or work with , sat that the O line has improved. Why our they so improved??? Because they got a bunch of rejects from other teams?? Thay do that every year.

Dynamic Duo??? Suggs ALWAYS Hurt, has a vertbrae problem , where there is narrowing at the base of the skull, most NFL players with type of problem don`t last more than 4 years. Droughns ? A systems running back coming from a team where everyone rushes for 1000 yards, everyone. And lets not forget William Greene, keep him out of jail, and off the drugs then maybe.

IF Winslow is healthy?? IF is a huge word, little man.
Romeo is a better coach?? Probably, but don`t bank on it. This is the same team thet ran Belichek out of town, said he couldn`t communicate with his players, and wasn`t a head coach, I guess you drop the ball there. Now some think he`s the best head coach ever, right Pats Fan a.k.a. Hardwork. He so good you went after his assitant coach.

D-line will be great?? You let everyone go, you don`t even have a d-line. Why don`t you take the Jersey highway route and go somewhere else with all your bullshit. I say the brownies won`t be 10-6 for at least 4 years then Romeo will be retired.

Brownskikass
04-04-2005, 04:23 PM
hey, if I didnt defend my team i wouldnt be a fan....Gotta stick up for em becuase I wouldnt be a fan if I didnt.....You have to see where Im comin from.....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Dude thats an AWFUL lot of IF's in your arguments for the clowns to be successfull. Hell I could make a case for my salary being the biggest ever in 1 year next year.. IF I win the lottery!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
If you want some real reasons to look forward to a team being successful.. well.

1) #1 defense in the league last year
2) best DC in the business in lebeau
3) Best season by a rookie QB in history in 2004
4) Jerome Bettis
5) Hines Ward
6) the most clutch FG kicker in the league going down the stretch last year
7) Every year we have one of the best OL's in the business
8)Pro Bowlers all over the team
9)runner up defensive player of the year
10)First AFC team to ever go 15-1 in regular season

and thats for starters..

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Blitz I`d like to add to that.

11. we get to play the stains and the bungles twice each every year. 4-0

hardwork
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
"Belichek out of town, said he couldn`t communicate with his players, and wasn`t a head coach, I guess you drop the ball there. Now some think he`s the best head coach ever, right Pats Fan a.k.a. Hardwork. He so good you went after his assitant coach."

In fairness to Browns fan, Belichick had some problems when first became a head coach. Then again, those problems didn't scare Kraft off.

clevestinks
04-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Problems?? Maybe, but come on since when do the brownies give any coach a chance? Its an average of three years and out here in cleveburgh. They know sooner get thier own team and not the team they took over and thier gone. It happens over, and over

ironcitychef
04-05-2005, 12:59 AM
BKA did you SEE the response your reply made on CS? I almost have tears man. Way to stick up for your team. They still suck, however I'm gald you are behind them now.

steelersgirl86
04-05-2005, 08:08 AM
That's my bro Clevestinks....you go mom would be proud.... :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2005, 12:31 PM
never say BKA isnt loyal to his orange and brown... as ridiculous as we all feel it is to like such a tard team like the clowns :D

I give him props for being a fan, a loyal one, and knowing his stuff. :cheers:

Brownskikass
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
If you want some real reasons to look forward to a team being successful.. well.

1) #1 defense in the league last year
2) best DC in the business in lebeau
3) Best season by a rookie QB in history in 2004
4) Jerome Bettis
5) Hines Ward
6) the most clutch FG kicker in the league going down the stretch last year
7) Every year we have one of the best OL's in the business
8)Pro Bowlers all over the team
9)runner up defensive player of the year
10)First AFC team to ever go 15-1 in regular season

and thats for starters..
1)-Ball control offense ran the clock down so your defense was not only fresh but the opposing offense didnt have enough time to run up the yards
2)-Best DC is Jim Johnson
3)-Big deal! He choked postseason
4)-Bettis is old, the line is the reason he was succesful
5)-Dont know how to respond lol
6)-ADAM VINEATARI!!! NUFF SAID!
7)-Depth is an issue
8)-Pro bowlers didnt win you a championship now did it? Team play is the key
9)-Oh who cares, he didnt win it....
10)-Big deal, did ya win the big dance?

Im in a bad mood today *sigh*

HinesWard4Life8682
04-05-2005, 05:16 PM
brownie u dont know what the hell ur talking about, seriously ur gay

clevestinks
04-05-2005, 05:41 PM
BKA is in a bad mood. AWE lookout guys.

Screw you, bring it on little man. At least know what your talking about. Yes we had a ball control offense. We also had the No.1 defense against the run. Did that have anuthing to do with our offense? you dip!

hardwork
04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
"1) #1 defense in the league last year"

Get real. A) We scored 41 points on you. B) We held the Colts to one touchdown.

What a buch a dreamers.

Steelersfan
04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
"1) #1 defense in the league last year"

Get real. A) We scored 41 points on you. B) We held the Colts to one touchdown.

What a buch a dreamers.

Ya, and we averaged about 30 pts a game against you. I guess our O is that much better than the Colts or Manning is just scared of the Patsies.

HinesWard4Life8682
04-06-2005, 05:07 PM
shutup, i gaurantee if you roethlisberger just settled down and maybe through up 1 interception rahter than 3, we woulda screwed u guys, i mean he practically through up the ball into the air

clevestinks
04-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Were all your td scored on our Defense? No. Its easy to run your mouth when your on top pats fan. but stick around, when your not on top this year.

ironcitychef
04-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Timing is a bitch NE fan, so remember we were .500 against you last year.

As for BKA, I've created a monster, but grasshoper you are not ready for primetime yet:

1- #1 defense cause of 32% rate on 3rd down. yeah we were 5th in the league, but if you look at the teams in the top 4 they didn't stop many on 1st and 2nd so they have higher total yards.
2- DC - imitation is the best compliment. Now more than ever teams will use the 3-4 zone blitz. You can thank Dick by sending a letter to 3400 South Water St., Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2349, (412) 432-7800, Fax: 412-432-7878.
3- Rookie QB - so he didn't win 1 playoff game. he is still a 66% passer, 98 rtg QB, with an avg of 8.8 per pass. You on the other hand are happy to have a 55% passer, with a 70 rtg, and avg of 7.0 per pass. Glad you passed on Ben. Hope Kellen can throw the option.
4- Bettis - He rushing totals have increased the last three years while we have started a new line every year. Yeah when he gets into the HOF I'm sure voters will say its cause of his line. Im sure ND said you know that kid isnt that good, but I'm glad we have a great O-line. I guess Green is awesome, but the Browns line sucks.
5- Ward is pretty good isn't he LOL
6- Fighting over kickers is like debating which man-purse is tougher looking. So moving on...
7- On paper depth is an issue, until Starks and Simmons deliver. And they will.
8- You can only hope the NFL institutes the MLB rule to have a rep from every team so CLE will have a player in action come FEB.
9- neither did Denver's D-line, I mean your D-line last year.
10-or 30 other teams, but we got some people putting better money on us this year than you guys.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2005, 11:17 PM
This whole argument w/ BKA can be summed up w/ 1 statistic.. What is the Record of the browns over the last decade compared to the record of the Steelers? or to save you the math, lets just say the records over the last 3 years or even just last year.. It's staggering. That right there ends all debates. The clowns have a LONG way to go before they start to even think about winning a AFCN crown, let alone a playoff run.

Every year its the same thing.. you sign this FA or that FA, and oh this draft pick is the best!! and every year, its a sub par season. But year in and year consistently, we are right in the thick of the race!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2005, 11:18 PM
and 1 other thing.. Where the hell is McNabbuolous5..he started this whole thread about the eagles in the first place!!!

clevestinks
04-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Yah and we don`t have a problem with the Eagles

hardwork
04-09-2005, 09:42 AM
"Ya, and we averaged about 30 pts a game against you."

In this course your average doesn't count. It's all in the final exam.

hardwork
04-09-2005, 09:52 AM
"i gaurantee if you roethlisberger just settled down and maybe through up 1 interception rahter than 3, we woulda screwed u guys,"

Yeah, yeah, and if we hadn't taken the field they would have given you the game.

clevestinks
04-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Hardwork, your a worthless punk, knowbody cares about your opinions, you suck, and your team sucks. Were really tired of you coming on here and ripping on OUR team. At least we are some dedicated fans here. I guess you couldn`t find any ded. patsy ass fans, could you? So go toot your horn somewhere else.

clevestinks
04-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Only half that was true. I just figured we were on the blast furnace so I`d practice for football season. I don`t like hardwork on the Blast Furnace. But he has some descent ideas and thoughts on the other forums. Just having some fun. I do believe when all is said and done this year, the Steelers will be on top. If we some how fail. I`m really not looking forward to the battles with hardwork. And as much as I hate to admit it, the Pats don`t suck. LOL :busted:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2005, 01:14 PM
No doubt once the season starts, there will be no more mister nice guy in the blast furnace.. no more, ur team is good, or you guys have alot of talent this and that.. Its all about the STeelers and we'll defend them all the way to detriot baby !!

but for now, since the main mini camps havent opened yet or anything, we can still play nice. :rolleyes: :D

CrunchieBus
04-09-2005, 08:04 PM
I thought this thread was about the eagles :toofunny: Guess Mcnabbulous5 couldnt handle the heat :toofunny: (yes we know him )

HinesWard4Life8682
04-13-2005, 04:56 PM
hard work ur gay u should leave