PDA

View Full Version : possible open jobs for whisenhunt next year

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
i say none. definitely very few. maybe san diego or arizona. all other positions have mainstays at the position (bilechick, shannahan, cowher, fisher? holmgren, gruden etc.) other than these all the others are less than 3 year hires and will still be given a chance to succeed. no coach hired in the last 2 years is going anywhere. whisenhunt may be with the steelers for atleast 2 more years and i hope the rooney make it worth his while.

BB2W
02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
whisenhunt may be with the steelers for atleast 2 more years and i hope the rooney make it worth his while.
Especially if we make it deep in the post-season again... all the open jobs may get filled before we are eliminated and he has a chance to interveiw with someone. Kinda like one of the reasons the Patriots were able to keep their coaching staff in tact for so long.

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Especially if we make it deep in the post-season again... all the open jobs may get filled before we are eliminated and he has a chance to interveiw with someone. Kinda like one of the reasons the Patriots were able to keep their coaching staff in tact for so long.

i dont even think ther will be more than a few. ive come up with these

tennessee, arizona, san diego but i would be very supprised if either of these 3 well established coaches are fired, plus them being fired assumes these 3 teams dont show improvement over this season. it is very likely that sd, and arizona both improve and i just dont think fischer is going anywhere, or else he wouldve this year. mgmt knows they have put him in a tough position and i heard an interview about 3 weeks ago where he said he loved it there and wanted to see this thing through. he wanted to squash the rumors that he might be wanting to leave. can anyone think of some other teams that might be looking elsewhere. it wont be teams like the browns, 9ers, jets, vikings, miami etc. theyve all got their guys regardless of their recent records.

BB2W
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM
The Raiders job might be open again. :busted:

It would be hard to fire Fischer, Green, or Shotenheimer for an unproven coach...

TasmanianTroy271
02-09-2006, 07:09 PM
You Never know what could happen with SD. They're inconsistent already, and next year, If Brees comes back, he could have Pennington syndrome, or if they start Rivers, he could flop...

You never know.

blackngoldbaby
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
www.google.com

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
chances of teams needing a new coach next year. i think whiz may be with us for a few more years unless hes holding out for the damn ratbirds job. wouldnt that freaking suck!!!???????? (brady12 i borrowed your list- thanks)

32. San Francisco no
31. Oakland likely any year (lol bb2w)
30. Detroit (No
29. Houston no
28. New Orleans no
27. Buffalo no
26. Cleveland no
25. Tennessee very slim
24. New York Jets no
23. Minnesota no
22. Baltimore possible
21. Arizona (slightly possible
20. Dallas slim
19. Green Bay (no
18. Chicago no
17. Philadelphia no
16. St.Louis no
15. Jacksonville no
14. Atlanta very slim
13. Washington no
12. New York Giants (very slim)
11. Miami ( no)
10. Tampa Bay no
9. Kansas City (no
8. San Diego (slim chance of fire or retire
7. Denver (no
6. Carolina (no
5. Indianapolis (no
4. Seattle no
3. Cincinnati no
2. New England no
1. Pittsburgh no

boLT fan
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
If Marty doesn't take the Chargers to the promise land, Chargers fans will be head hunting.

I wouldn't mind Wisenhunt. :busted:

OX1947
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I think the perfect job for Whiz would be San Diego. Marty is a good coach but I think he is just a jinxed man. I live in San Diego and I thought they would win the division but ran into some really crapping luck. Some call it luck(Eagles game) some call it the good ole marty not being able to close. If the Chargers do not make the playoffs, the chargers would be stupid not to fire Marty and go after Whiz.

TasmanianTroy271
02-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Hey, none of us thought M. Martz would be fired before this season started :P Something like that could happen.

Plus, imagine the possibilities if Whiz got his hands on LT. If you think we have Crazy Trick plays now, imagine if they drafted a QB for WR and had LT's passing skills, things could get really crazy...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Atleast he's staying here this year.. thats what I care about right now! We go Whiz back and the faiders aint getting him!!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-09-2006, 07:56 PM
The only teams I can see having an opening at head coach are Arizona,San Diego,Baltimore,Oakland,and Dallas.

Arizona-if the team totally flops,Green may get canned,but I doubt it.Hell,they play in the NFC West...they have a shot at second place and a wild card berth.And if not,a top spot for Green to draft a QB in next year's draft if he doens't trade for Cullpepper.This would be a good job to step into with the WR's they have and the fact that they might be able to draft or trade for a franchise QB (Matt Shuab?).

San Diego-Marty might retire,especially if the Chargers are as inconsitant as they were this year.If Brees can't throw (I hope not,I like him a lot),he'll have to start Rivers who is unproven and could flop.And if the team tanks,I can definatly see them firing Marty.This would be a great job for Whiz to step into.Good recievers,excellent TE,one of the best backs (if not the best) in the NFL in LT,a swarming aggressive defense.He'd be crazy to not take this job if offered.

Baltimore-If Billick doesn't get something done,he's gone.The best QB on the roster is probally St. Pierre.The o-line is old and sucks,the defense is getting old,the team is undiciplined.Not the greatest job to step into,but not as horrible as Oakland.

Oakland-This year's hire might be just to supply a head coach for the season.The Whiz didn't wanna go there this year,and he won't wanna go next year...or any year for that matter.

Dallas-If Parcells doesn't get this team to the playoffs,Jones might put foot to butt and kick Parcells out the door.The team isn't bad at all and can easily win the division if not a wild card spot.Parcells is also know for ditching teams,and I won't be surprised if he ditches Dallas after another underachieving season.

Only five slots possibly open,the only probally definate one is Baltimore who won't want to wait until after the AFC Championship Game or Super Bowl to hire a coach.Looks like The Whiz will be OC after the 2006 season too!

boLT fan
02-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey, none of us thought M. Martz would be fired before this season started :P Something like that could happen.

Plus, imagine the possibilities if Whiz got his hands on LT. If you think we have Crazy Trick plays now, imagine if they drafted a QB for WR and had LT's passing skills, things could get really crazy...

Robinson (Like Randle El, coming into the draft this year as a WR, played as a QB) + Ken Wisenhunt + L.T. *drool*

Atlanta Dan
02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Ed.B. of P-G says do not eliminate the possibility of Wiz for the Falcons job.

He played at Georgia Tech and for the Falcons. While the Falcons probably will rebound next year, Mora went into a complete meltdown at the end of the year, Kordell Stewart Version 2.0 (aka Michael Vick) gave an interview to the Atlanta paper today bi***ing about the offensive scheme, and Algee Crumpler said the coaches need to tighten up operations next year.

Arthur Blank and Vick may get tired of waiting for the currrent regime to tap into's Vick talents. Vick, who is tight with the owner and will have 6 years in the NFL after next season, may push Blank to bring in an imaginative O-coordinator to fix the situation.

Blank wants to win now, is writing blank checks to upgrade the Falcons, and will not hesitate to buy out Mora's contract & pay top $$ for a new coach.

Ambridge
02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Baltimore-If Billick doesn't get something done,he's gone.The best QB on the roster is probally St. Pierre.The o-line is old and sucks,the defense is getting old,the team is undiciplined.Not the greatest job to step into,but not as horrible as Oakland.

Billick is definately on thin ice in Baltimore.
Besides the questionable QB play in Ratland if they let Jamal Lewis go to free agency that pretty much takes away what little offensive threat they had to begin with.

I think anything less than a 9-7 season and Billick is gone.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Jailbird Jamal wants all kinds of money in a new contract..last I heard the ratbirds werent sure if they wanted to bring him back or not yet.

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 03:24 AM
Who knows, If Cowher doesn't sign a contract extension this year Whisenhunt may stick around to take over for him. Cowher has typically signed his extensions with 2 years left on his then-current contract. Factor in the Cowher's purchasing of the multi-million dollar home in North Carolina, and we may be seeing the beginning of the end to Cowher's career.

Rotorhead
03-13-2006, 03:43 AM
He could have already been promised Cowhers job in a couple years and that is why he didnt go anywhere in the off season this year. Maybe he is just waiting it out until Cowher leaves, getting all the mentorship he can with Cowher tne will take over for him. I just can not imagine the Steelers without Cowher though . . .

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 04:03 AM
He could have already been promised Cowhers job in a couple years and that is why he didnt go anywhere in the off season this year. Maybe he is just waiting it out until Cowher leaves, getting all the mentorship he can with Cowher tne will take over for him. I just can not imagine the Steelers without Cowher though . . .

That sounds like a plan to me.

Atlanta Dan
03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
I agree with the above posts that Whisenhunt may very well be the next Steelers head coach (assuming it will not be Russ Grimm) and that it very well may be in 2007.

I cannot see Cowher having a commuter marriage past 2006. Rather than wait until the end of the contract to move, my random speculation as to why Cowher's family is moving to NC now is to allow his last stay at home daughter more time to adjust to fitting in at a new high school; easier to do that as a sophomore (which she will be next year) than as a junior.

I really believe Cowher has now achieved what he wanted out of the Steelers job and wants to pull a Gibbs/Parcells by taking some time off.

Ambridge
03-13-2006, 10:35 AM
I agree with the above posts that Whisenhunt may very well be the next Steelers head coach (assuming it will not be Russ Grimm) and that it very well may be in 2007.

I cannot see Cowher having a commuter marriage past 2006. Rather than wait until the end of the contract to move, my random speculation as to why Cowher's family is moving to NC now is to allow his last stay at home daughter more time to adjust to fitting in at a new high school; easier to do that as a sophomore (which she will be next year) than as a junior.

I really believe Cowher has now achieved what he wanted out of the Steelers job and wants to pull a Gibbs/Parcells by taking some time off.

I would think Cowher has expressed his future plans to the Rooney's.......so I would guess the only tip-off to what his plans might be is if the Rooney's offer Bill Cowher a contract extension sometime soon within the next season or not??

RoethlisBURGHer
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
San Diegeo due to problems Marty has with the GM there.He doesn't really want Brees back because he didn't draft Brees,and he didn't hire Marty so he doesn't really want Marty there either.They could win the SB and Marty might still get fired or forced to resign/retire.

If Baltimore blows this year (which they will) then Billick is gone.If they keep him,Ratbird fans will burn down the stadium and stab each other as they do it.

tony hipchest
03-13-2006, 06:34 PM
If they keep him,Ratbird fans will burn down the stadium and stab each other as they do it.

lets hope they keep him :cool:

siss
03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Im all for keeping the next coach (makes me tear up like up the same way I did with Jerome) in the super bowl family. He's as good as anyone and hopefully he can win us another champioship.

tony hipchest
03-13-2006, 06:59 PM
the atlanta, san diego, baltimore jobs are more likely to be open than the pittsburgh job. all 3 would take a strong look at whiz.

could you imagine ken w in atlanta with m. vick and randle el (after he gets cut in a salary cap move by washington) in the backfield? sick!

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Hope you are right.

tony hipchest
03-17-2007, 04:26 PM
i say none. definitely very few. maybe san diego or arizona. all other positions have mainstays at the position (bilechick, shannahan, cowher, fisher? holmgren, gruden etc.) other than these all the others are less than 3 year hires and will still be given a chance to succeed. no coach hired in the last 2 years is going anywhere. whisenhunt may be with the steelers for atleast 2 more years and i hope the rooney make it worth his while.

this was an interesting thread a week after the sb win. i guess there were really no suprising coaching changes except for cowher which steel pit and atlanta dan accurately had their finger on the pulse of.