PDA

View Full Version : Brown and Lewis throw punches

Big
06-01-2010, 11:54 PM
You can't hit, but ...

The NFL prohibits hitting in spring practices, but does punching a teammate count?

Rookie receiver Antonio Brown and second-year cornerback Keenan Lewis traded a nice exchange of punches to each other's facemask following a play in practice.

The eruption came after Brown blocked Lewis. Both players pushed each other's facemask and then came the punches.

"It's just competitive nature," said Brown, a spunky sixth-round draft pick from Central Michigan. "Guys are fighting, there's high intensity. But we're all on the team. We're all Steelers."

Veterans told the two to be smarter about it next time.

"I could have broken my hand," Brown said. "I felt I had a good block on him and I think he was mad because I had good position. But, at the end of the day, I take the blame."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10153/1062382-66.stm#ixzz0pfV8QSsG

tony hipchest
06-01-2010, 11:58 PM
that is raw. go lewis! :jammin:

pete74
06-02-2010, 08:53 AM
I think brown is going to end up being the better wr then sanders. One will not make it but hopefully we can get a starter out of one of them

Big
06-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I think brown is going to end up being the better wr then sanders. One will not make it but hopefully we can get a starter out of one of them

Maybe they'll go crazy and keep 6 Wr's this year.....:tt04::tt04::tt04: