PDA

View Full Version : Broncos claim Bruce Davis

Big
06-03-2010, 06:43 AM
By The Associated Press (CP) 1 day ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Denver Broncos have claimed linebacker Bruce Davis off waivers from New England.

The third-year pro spent most of last season on the Patriots' practice squad after playing in five games as a rookie in 2008 for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who had made him a third-round draft selection out of UCLA.

Davis ranked second in school history with 29 sacks and was a first-team All Pac-10 selection his senior season.

Davis was waived by the Patriots on Thursday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gXWLmzKjJFWTN2HK7H_C7IJQ-neQ

BlastFurnace
06-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Honestly, if LeBeau and Bellichek can't make something out of him as a LB'er, I don't see this kid ever making it in the NFL. It's funny how some guys have it in college, but don't have it as pro's.

Big
06-03-2010, 09:32 AM
they cant adjust to the speed of the game mentally...they must rely on instinct in college

pete74
06-03-2010, 10:07 AM
He will never be more then a practice squad player

SteelKid212
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
makes me mad.... what a waste of a 3rd round pick.... :banging:

GodfatherofSoul
06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
they cant adjust to the speed of the game mentally...they must rely on instinct in college

From my 2nd-hand accounts, it's not as complicated as you might think. Some guys are just 25 year-olds with more money than they know what to do with. What would you do if you hit the lottery? Go to work and put in more effort than you have ever before in your life? Nope, most of these "busts" are guys who just wanted to travel, party, shop, or snort lines more than practice.

I went to a Big 12 school where the program had just gotten good enough to send guys to the Pros. Just about all of that first crop of guys turned into busts, and it wasn't because of lack of talent from what I heard from friends.

pete74
06-04-2010, 04:36 AM
makes me mad.... what a waste of a 3rd round pick.... :banging:

agreed. we usually get 2 good players out of each draft but it really sucks to see a wasted pick even though it seems to happen often

Big
06-04-2010, 06:38 AM
agreed. we usually get 2 good players out of each draft but it really sucks to see a wasted pick even though it seems to happen often

When we do see a wasted pick, it usually isnt as bad as Bruce Davis. He was unbelieveable in college and then he couldn't tie his shoes in the pro's. It really baffles the mind. Just glad we took him with a 3rd round pick and not a 1st, which I am willing to bet that a Defensive coach or two was trying to get us to do.