PDA

View Full Version : LOST:Terrible Towel at Ford Field PLEASE HELP

returnmytowel
02-09-2006, 11:51 PM
This may appear to be a joke, but I can assure you that it is not. I really could use a little help in tracking down this very sentimental Terrible Towel that stupid me somehow dropped either when I was getting checked at the security gate or right before walking into the stadium.
It has very great sentimental value as it was given to me by my mother about 10 years ago.....it was just at a wedding on the Saturday before the SB too in Pittsburgh.

Please I ask you all to please if anyone knows ANYONE that went to the game or has heard of someone finding this towel to please please contact me. I will post a picture of it...as its not the same towel that you normally see. The towel is 30 x l6. The label says Royal Velvet
made by Fieldcrest, N.Y. N.Y. 100% cotton.
Its not a cheap towel as its a heavy type material as a real towel is made. Its also more of a dark gold color not the bright yellow that normal terrible towels are. PLEASE HELP ME LOCATE THIS......I may even throw in a little sort of reward of some sort. Thanks.
Here is a pic of the towel at the wedding.....I will try and find any other pics I may have.
PLEASE CONTACT ME AT returnmytowel@yahoo.com

http://i1.tinypic.com/ngbjv4.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Hate to say it, but I wouldnt count on that towel turning up unless you post a reward in maybe the local papers or something.. if its that unique, somebody's probably got it hanging in their Steelers room by now.

Sorry man, that really sux.

klick81
02-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Eek. Good luck man.

bluemacaw2
02-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah guys..most likely its long gone...but what the hell..I figured I'd try anything instead of nothing.
Yeah local paper might actually be an option......well a reward most likely would be the way to go.....the hard part if locating it first. You would think that if someone saw me drop it that they would have the courtesy of picking it up for me and running it up to me........thats what I am a little ticked about......but oh well....the search is on...hopefully someone will have a heart or have some info on it.

Man_Of_Steel
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
You have 2 usernames?

Long Island Steel
02-10-2006, 10:00 AM
I feel you pain bro - I lost the Terrible Towel that I've had since I was a little kid about an hour or so after the game at the Renassaince Center in Detroit.

I hadn't been bringing it to games the last couple of years because it had a lot of sentimental value to me since I had it for over 20 years now. It was the old style - faded and washed a ton of times. I just didn't want to lose it.

But for the Super Bowl, I figured I had to pull out all stops and I brought it with me and waved it all game long.

I know it sounds lame as all hell but I was REALLY bummed when I realized I lost it later that night - a real bittersweet moment on a truly glorious night.

My consolation is that I went through a lot with that towel and at least I know we saw a Super Bowl together!

AustinSeahawk
02-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Wow, is that chick naked in your picture?

Seriously, I hope you find your towel. It's hard, nay impossible, to ever replace items of sentimental value. I love the email account you were able to set up on yahoo!

returnmytowel
02-10-2006, 01:36 PM
You have 2 usernames?

Umm yeah I had to create one that would be easy to remember just in case that millionth of a chance someone out there sees it....and this name would be easy to remember along with the yahoo email addy......I gotta try!!! :(

Brady12
02-10-2006, 01:37 PM

Seriously, I hope you find your towel. It's hard, nay impossible, to ever replace items of sentimental value. I love the email account you were able to set up on yahoo!

I was wondering that too at first, I then saw she must be wearing a white dress? Good luck with your adventures.

returnmytowel
02-10-2006, 01:38 PM

Thanks man..appreciate it........yeah the email addyI thought would be easy to remember just in case.....

melroseplace
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
good luck

Hammer67
02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I lost my towel in Detroit, as well. I was a little intoxicated, in the streets after the game. I was bummed as it was a 25 anniversary of the fourth super bowl win, edition.:dang:

TexaSteeler
02-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks man..appreciate it........yeah the email addyI thought would be easy to remember just in case.....

good luck on the towel.

clevestinks
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Good Luck Bro! We are a good group of fans, I`m sure if someone here knows, then it will get back to you

returnmytowel
02-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Good Luck Bro! We are a good group of fans, I`m sure if someone here knows, then it will get back to you

yeah..thats what I am hoping...maybe someone out there just happens to hear by word of mouth that someone found it....and you just never know....if the Steelers can win 3 road games and beat the 1,2, 3 top seeds....then there is a chance I can get my towel back home where he belongs!!!!:dang:

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 02:21 PM
* I am forced to say this as it is just LAYING there dying to be said and my head will expolde if I dont make this wise-ass comment. So please dont be offended- it is a mental and physical MUST that I do it. I have no choice.
- Thank you

Ask a Patriots fan or player, we scooped up TONS of them that were just left all over Heinz Field after the 2001 and 2004 AFCC Games.

thanks, i feel better now...

returnmytowel
02-11-2006, 10:38 PM
hmmm maybe I should start posting something in the paper want ads or lost and found

LambertIsGod58
02-12-2006, 09:17 AM
hmmm maybe I should start posting something in the paper want ads or lost and found

DID YOU TRY CALLING FORD FIELD TO SEE IF IT HAD BEEN TURNED IN?

returnmytowel
02-12-2006, 11:44 AM
DID YOU TRY CALLING FORD FIELD TO SEE IF IT HAD BEEN TURNED IN?

nahhh I doubt anyone would have done that..probably found its way in someones pocket....

clevestinks
02-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Still no luck? Hopefully it will still turn up

dibdeb2
02-12-2006, 01:03 PM
nahhh I doubt anyone would have done that..probably found its way in someones pocket....
You never know- but they would only hold on to it for a short time- might be worth checking into- and also- local ad with that pic might help-or-contact the local media- they might be willing to help- with a story or something- you never know until you try!!!
Good Luck!!!

Stillers#1
02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
* I am forced to say this as it is just LAYING there dying to be said and my head will expolde if I dont make this wise-ass comment. So please dont be offended- it is a mental and physical MUST that I do it. I have no choice.
- Thank you

Ask a Patriots fan or player, we scooped up TONS of them that were just left all over Heinz Field after the 2001 and 2004 AFCC Games.

thanks, i feel better now...

Ya that's ok dude, didn't see ya in the AFC championship game this year. I think it's classy that Brady waited till he lost to tell everyone about his hernia. Just an excuse now.

returnmytowel
02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Nothing yet...but I not gonna give up hope so easily

Rust-Buster
02-13-2006, 12:42 AM
I looked all around the house. It's not here. Good luck man.

bluemacaw2
02-14-2006, 01:38 PM
up for more to see

bluemacaw2
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
still searching :)

returnmytowel
02-19-2006, 12:35 AM
towel bump

clevestinks
02-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Nothing yet? Too bad, isnt looking good! Good luck though

BlitzburghRockCity
02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah man..Im sorry for ya..but it definately is looking more bleek by the day.

melroseplace
02-20-2006, 10:34 AM
have you tried calling Ford Field yet? I know people suggested it but I didn't know if you actually did...I mean it's very unlikely but there's always a small chance

bluemacaw2
02-21-2006, 02:39 PM
I actually did call......and no luck...I was like...ummm don't laugh now...but do you happen to have anything from the SuperBowl left" And I explained to him briefly and he went to check..couple minutes later he said no sir...sorry no towels here........so at least that I can now rest a little eaiser knowing its not unclaimed and some lucky son of a gun Steeler fan has a nice towel. oh well..........I'll feel stupid but I may write to a couple sports writers in Pittsburgh Papers to see what happens.......

And the search goes on........................

remember...... returnmytowel@yahoo.com if you have any leads......I feel like I am trying to solve a murder case!!:redface:

melroseplace
02-21-2006, 05:19 PM
aww I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

returnmytowel
02-22-2006, 10:48 PM
bumping for the towel.......and its not looking good.

returnmytowel
02-23-2006, 07:10 PM
dude, i feel for ya man. but the problem is,since the game was in detroit,your towel could be in any city. i meen the fans come from everywhere.

ain't that the truth........at least it's in the US right? hmmm maybe not..it could even be in Canada..........:dang:

Anyone have any other good steeler forums to visit? I am gonna just keep on posting on different boards....what the heck..nothing to lose.

melroseplace
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
have you tried the boards on the official website? I've never been there but maybe someone there could help

blackngoldbaby
02-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I REALLY FEEL 4 YA 2 I WOULD BE A RECK 2 IF I LOST MINE!

returnmytowel
03-05-2006, 04:31 PM
still holding on to a bit of hope!!

steelcityjameser
03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
the year before last when we played at dallas, after the game we were walking out the tunnel and a disgruntled(understandably) cowboy fan snatched my precious terrible towel off of my wife's shoulder and was gone into the crowd. i chased after him to no avail. the towel that had been with me through all of the wins and losses was gone. good luck with finding your towel. but be prepared to move on.

Rust-Buster
03-26-2006, 04:28 AM
I cleaned out the pumphouse, it's not there either.
Still looking though.
At this point you might want to purchase a reasonable facimile.