PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alaska

Alaskafan
02-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm brand new to the board. Born and raised east of Pittsburgh. Moved to Alaska in 1983. Got away from football till about 4 years ago. My wife went to Pa. for a family visit and got caught up in the Steelers fever. She came back a fan.This from a woman who detested football. So started watching football again off and on. The only bad thing about living up here is that they shove the Seattle Seahawks down your throat. There are so many people from so many different areas that it makes you just cringe. Seahawks this and Seahawks that. Enough already.There is a very loyal and dedicated group of Steelers fans here in Alaska. And we be soooooo happy right now. Never got to a Steelers game growing up in Pa. But the day my wife and I were leaving Pa. to go and live in Alaska as we were sitting waiting for our plane who should come in and surround us but the whole Steeler team catching a plane to go play Green Bay. Didn't know if it was safe but I walked up and asked Jack Lambert if I could take his photo. No smile but I got the picture. Anyway glad to be part of the Steelers nation again.

Milkman
02-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Welcome aboard! :tt:

Prosdo
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Welcome to SF!

SteelerzGirl
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever, Alaska! :smile:

Alaskafan
02-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome. It will be nice to talk with some Steelers fans. We have them up here but we're spread out.

clevestinks
02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Welcome to SF, Home of the Super Bowl Champs Forum!
Go Steelers!