PDA

View Full Version : In another country

Hayeksheroes
06-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Would someone tell me what Big Ben is guilty of? I thought he was innocent. But apparently, he is being treated as though he is guilty of sexual assault.

Are we to believe that Big Ben did rape the woman, but because he is a professional athlete charges are not pressed? If one of us were in a similar situation, we'd be on trial.

Are we saying that professional athletes get one type of justice and the rest of us another?

If Big Ben is guilty, then he should have to face to justice. If Big Ben is innocent, then we need to leave him alone.

That was the country I was born in, but has it gone away somewhere?

Amnot smokin3kgt
06-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Would someone tell me what Big Ben is guilty of? I thought he was innocent. But apparently, he is being treated as though he is guilty of sexual assault.

Are we to believe that Big Ben did rape the woman, but because he is a professional athlete charges are not pressed? If one of us were in a similar situation, we'd be on trial.

Are we saying that professional athletes get one type of justice and the rest of us another?

If Big Ben is guilty, then he should have to face to justice. If Big Ben is innocent, then we need to leave him alone.

That was the country I was born in, but has it gone away somewhere?

dude were you stuck in a worm hole or something? I think you need to make an angry youtube video about it, find closure, and move on.

MJ5150
06-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Would someone tell me what Big Ben is guilty of?

He is guilty of making multiple bad decisions that have brought reproach upon himself, his family, the city of Pittsburgh, the Steelers, and the NFL.

Roger Goodell modified the PCP to allow for punishment of bad judgment. Ben is the first NFL player to be punished under the PCP without having been charged with a crime.

Hopefully soon, professional athletes will figure out the days of promiscuous sexual encounters and acting stupid in bars is over. Guys got away with it 20 years ago before there was YouTube, Twitter, cell phone cameras, and so on.

-Mike

pete74
06-07-2010, 10:37 AM
^^ exactly. It's the rule.

GodfatherofSoul
06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Ben was guilty of creating bad PR for the NFL. That's enough to get you suspended. Now, what did he really do? Nothing besides getting his knob polished by a drunken 20 year-old with a fake ID drinking in a bar. Some of the puritans on this website will tell you he should be banned from the NFL for such unChristian behavior.

pete74
06-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Anyone who thinks Ben should be banned is a moron. Personally I feel the punishment was to steep. I understand they wanted to make an example of him but a game or 2 would of been fine

Hayeksheroes
06-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Have we been feminized in the country? Is the drunken college grad not culpable at all? What was the college grad doing using a fake id? That is a misdemeanor. The college grad was drinking under age. Another misdemeanor.

I think Big Ben and the college grad are dumb and sleazy. The college grad probably got a nice settlement. Not bad for a few hours work.