PDA

View Full Version : TAZ on Offense?

TheWarDen86
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Anyone see NFL GOTW (SB XL)? When they were reviewing Bens TD Troy walked up to Cowher and said, "Let take it in over the top coach." or something to that effect. Tell me that wouldn't have been cool.

melroseplace
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm sure there would've been a huge WTF from Seattle/the announcers...I think it would've been awesome

BB2W
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I saw that... it sounded like he wanted the rock. He probabaly has on of the highest verticals on the team and he used to play runningback in high school. I wouldn't be suprised if they have practiced it before and there is a play for Troy to go over the top.

TasmanianTroy271
02-10-2006, 02:00 PM
He did play HB in high school, and we all know he can jump...

mdhus
02-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I saw that... it sounded like he wanted the rock. He probabaly has on of the highest verticals on the team and he used to play runningback in high school. I wouldn't be suprised if they have practiced it before and there is a play for Troy to go over the top.

Maybe we can save the play for SB XLI?

lol
siko

rowedf
02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
This isn't exactly related, but I noticed something strange in the AFC championship game warnups, Troy was taking snaps from Hartings, was kinda weird to see that and made me do a double take.

clevestinks
02-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Well Chad Johnson is playing defense in the Pro Bowl so maybe Troy will get some snaps.

klick81
02-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Well Chad Johnson is playing defense in the Pro Bowl so maybe Troy will get some snaps.

He is? How'd this happen?

4xSBChamps
02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
This isn't exactly related, but I noticed something strange in the AFC championship game warnups, Troy was taking snaps from Hartings, was kinda weird to see that and made me do a double take.
I saw video on TV, the day-after his ankle injury was announced last week, showing him under-center, in what looked-like 5-on-5 or 7-on-7 drills, running the OPTION-PLAY, to his Left, and pitching-out to a trailing back.....
:yikes:

TheWarDen86
02-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I'd love to see Troy contirbute on offense (ala N.E. Patriots who've been successful as h3ll in utilizing their "football players"). I just always sweat the injury possibilities.

83-Steelers-43
02-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I'd love to see Troy contirbute on offense (ala N.E. Patriots who've been successful as h3ll in utilizing their "football players"). I just always sweat the injury possibilities.

Same here. Not sure it's worth seeing him on offense If the chance of injury doubles. I'm content with Troy picking off balls and laying the smack down while establishing himself as the best safety in the NFL.

TheWarDen86
02-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Same here. Not sure it's worth seeing him on offense If the chance of injury doubles. I'm content with Troy picking off balls and laying the smack down while establishing himself as the best safety in the NFL.

T-rue!

rowedf
02-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I saw video on TV, the day-after his ankle injury was announced last week, showing him under-center, in what looked-like 5-on-5 or 7-on-7 drills, running the OPTION-PLAY, to his Left, and pitching-out to a trailing back.....
:yikes:

What do you think? Preparing for a new gadget man in case El leaves?

SteelerFanInCA
02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Troy needs to stay on the 'D" side of the ball because of what he brings to the "D". It's just too risky based on that. I'm sure he would kick some serious butt on the "O" side but that's one chance I hope we don't take.

madward
02-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Troy needs to stay on the 'D" side of the ball because of what he brings to the "D". It's just too risky based on that. I'm sure he would kick some serious butt on the "O" side but that's one chance I hope we don't take.

I would agree not risking him for injury, but he would probably be great for a "big game" reverse on a kick-off .....anyone remember the ratbird game(last game of season in '03) when he took a fake punt about 85 yards for a TD?

TasmanianTroy271
02-13-2006, 03:27 PM
i've always wonderd why they don't try him on punt returns. the mans got all kind of crazy moves,when he returns picks.remember the palmer int he brought back for a td? after that one,i was convinced he'd be a good punt return guy.

If Randle El leaves, we might just get to see...

clevestinks
02-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Troy means way to much to us on defense! Let him play defense only

OX1947
02-13-2006, 05:19 PM
I loved it, Cowher started smiling. I think if Ben wasnt in on that TD, then hell ya you give it to Troy.....

RoethlisBURGHer
02-13-2006, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Troy taking it over the top sometimes,like Sweetness used to.

You know having Troy in the backfield would make a defense flip out and call a time out.Does he run it,catch a pass out of the backfield,or do we fake to him?

lotas
02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Troy taking it over the top sometimes,like Sweetness used to.

You know having Troy in the backfield would make a defense flip out and call a time out.Does he run it,catch a pass out of the backfield,or do we fake to him?
I agree...you know how damn athletic the guy is...imagine Hines lined up with Randel El coming in motion and Troy lined up in the backfield or something...that would be the trickest of the trickey :)

Hawk Believer
02-14-2006, 10:10 AM
He'd have to cut his hair or tuck it in if he was playing O.

TheWarDen86
02-14-2006, 11:48 AM
He'd have to cut his hair or tuck it in if he was playing O.

You're probably right. Defenders would definitely scalp his @$$ before they'd let him score a TD. I guess he doesn't have to worry about that plating D.