PDA

View Full Version : hines ward barfed before the game

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 10:46 AM
he cries, he pukes, he wins the mvp. i guess all the haters will still be calling him soft next year too. lol. i wonder if thats what he'll be thinking about every time he hops into his escalade.

i am anticipating some new signatures other than hines crying though, maybe something a little more creative (i know, thats expecting alot from brownies)

TheWarDen86
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
he cries, he pukes, he wins the mvp. i guess all the haters will still be calling him soft next year too. lol. i wonder if thats what he'll be thinking about every time he hops into his escalade.

i am anticipating some new signatures other than hines crying though, maybe something a little more creative (i know, thats expecting alot from brownies)

Lynn Swann introduced him as the Greatest WR in Steelers history. Hines looked at him like, "Man c'mon, you don't have to do that." I love his modesty, and his reputation around the NFL grows with every game he plays.

Mamaduck43
02-10-2006, 11:01 AM
He looked like he was having a blast on Regis and Kelly's show yesterday.... It was like he didn't want to leave...... Regis said something about perhaps having The Bus on next week sometime...... Of course, Regis is a huge Notre Dame fan, so that makes sense.....

Hines is a real man - - and a real man can be true..... That is not a sign of weakness, but of strength...... I just wish he was coming to the Pro Bowl..... Sigh.....

Atlanta Dan
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Lynn Swann introduced him as the Greatest WR in Steelers history. Hines looked at him like, "Man c'mon, you don't have to do that." I love his modesty, and his reputation around the NFL grows with every game he plays.

Smart move by Swanny - no votes to be had by saying Stallworth or Swann are still the greatest.

melroseplace
02-10-2006, 12:50 PM
haha I missed Hines saying that he got sick but my mom mentioned it to me because I guess he said "I felt like I saw going to throw up" and she said they way he said it reminded her of me...ok yeah, nobody cares lol but it was amusing to me

ANYWAYS I'm really disappointed I missed seeing Hines on Regis and Kelly yesterday. does anyone know of any other tv/in person appearances he will be doing?

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 01:15 PM
ANYWAYS I'm really disappointed I missed seeing Hines on Regis and Kelly yesterday. does anyone know of any other tv/in person appearances he will be doing?check for his interview on hbo replay of inside the nfl tommorow i think at 11:00 am est. he said he asked ray lewis right before the game if it was ok to be feeling so nervous. lewis told him yeah, that all the great ones do. he then got queezy and had to sneak off to the locker room to go get sick.

TexaSteeler
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Taking hits like the one from the Baily missed INT and laying out blocks like he did on Ray Lewis, I can't imagine anyone calling him soft.

melroseplace
02-10-2006, 05:26 PM
check for his interview on hbo replay of inside the nfl tommorow i think at 11:00 am est. he said he asked ray lewis right before the game if it was ok to be feeling so nervous. lewis told him yeah, that all the great ones do. he then got queezy and had to sneak off to the locker room to go get sick.

on HBO?

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
on HBO?

yeah. good interview and great sideline shots and soundbites from the team

Ambridge
02-10-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm surprised someone isn't trying to sell Authentic Hines Ward Vomitus on Ebay.:crazy02:

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm surprised someone isn't trying to sell Authentic Hines Ward Vomitus on Ebay.:crazy02:
how bout big ben beard clippings? i was wanting to start a thread "what would you pay for bens sb beard clippings"? but it was too soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2006, 07:02 PM

hhmmm... :rolleyes:

:sofunny:

Hey all the great ones barf before the biggest match or game of their lives so Hines fits right in!

clevestinks
02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Hell I almost puked to from being nervous, cant imagine what they were thinking

3 to be 4
02-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know what he threw up? mmmmm

klick81
02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Hell I almost puked to from being nervous, cant imagine what they were thinking

No kidding. I watch many of our games at Hooters of Hollywood, including the Super Bowl. As my friends and I sat there waiting, I felt like puking. The waitress kept on asking me if I wanted something to eat. How the hell could I??? LOL...but yeah. That made me wonder: If I feel like this, how do the players feel????

3 to be 4
02-10-2006, 08:14 PM
No kidding. I watch many of our games at Hooters of Hollywood, including the Super Bowl. As my friends and I sat there waiting, I felt like puking. The waitress kept on asking me if I wanted something to eat. How the hell could I??? LOL...but yeah. That made me wonder: If I feel like this, how do the players feel????

im sorry but i cant watch football at Hooters. I tried it once on my way to South Carolina when i stopped in Virginia and it was the only place i could watch the Patriots game.
THe waitress asked me what I WANTED TO EAT and my brain nearly melted. "I cant be here. Im married. I have two daughters. I just want to watch the game. But LOOK AT THOSE!!! God, I just want a Cheeseburger and to see the Patriots. BUT LOOK AT THAT!!!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!"

klick81
02-11-2006, 12:38 AM
im sorry but i cant watch football at Hooters. I tried it once on my way to South Carolina when i stopped in Virginia and it was the only place i could watch the Patriots game.
THe waitress asked me what I WANTED TO EAT and my brain nearly melted. "I cant be here. Im married. I have two daughters. I just want to watch the game. But LOOK AT THOSE!!! God, I just want a Cheeseburger and to see the Patriots. BUT LOOK AT THAT!!!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!"

LOL!!! That's hilarious. I guess my girlfriend's pretty cool. She watched the game with us last time, and she actually likes the food there, so she doesn't mind me going :)

Rotorhead
02-11-2006, 05:55 AM
What is really cool is he is now a national icon in South Korea . . . looks like we have can add several more millions to the Steeler Nation haha!

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 06:11 AM
"Are you Chinese or Japanese?"
- Hank Hill

Livinginthe past
02-11-2006, 06:11 AM

I dont think that puking is a sign of softness - just a sign of nerves before the biggest footballing moment of his life.

Its how you react to adversity that defines how 'hard' or 'soft' you are - Hines dealt with it just fine - MVP.

NM

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Bill Russell used to puke before every game. One time he didnt and Auerbach told the team "wait, we cant go out yet. Russell, go in there and puke" true story.

tony hipchest
02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
"Are you Chinese or Japanese?"
- Hank Hill
good ol hank. reminds me of a joke. a chinese american guy and a jewish american guy get into an argument. the jew says- i dont like your people for what they did to pearl harbor. the chinese guy says that wasnt the chinese that was the japanese. the other guy responds "chinese, japanese, therye all the same to me. the chinese guy thinks for a moment and says " well i dont like what you did to the titanic. the perplexed jew says "what? that was sunk by an iceberg!

"goldberg, iceberg, theyre all the same to me"

moral of the story is to practice tolerance, and shun ignorance.

3 to be 4
02-11-2006, 03:20 PM
so.... is he chinese or japanese?