PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Congressmen refuse to acknowledge Steelers victory

NJarhead
02-10-2006, 11:47 AM
These guys probably don't know much about football though:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060210/NEWS01/602100429/1056

Chronicgaming
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Mark Carpenter, a spokesman for Pennsylvania Rep. Tim Murphy, the resolution's chief sponsor, said Chabot and Schmidt's vote represented "a little hometown loyalty mixed in with sour grapes."

I think the rep for Tim Murphy summed it up best. If you're a politican, you'll want to do things like this to keep your base happy.

NJarhead
02-10-2006, 11:55 AM
I think the rep for Tim Murphy summed it up best. If you're a politican, you'll want to do things like this to keep your base happy.

Tim Murphy sounds like a smart man.

MNsteelers
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Strictly a publicity move. Sadly enough, people will actually vote to re-elect these people simply because of this action. If they can't find the intelligence or class to acknowledge the fact Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl, then they'll fit right in with their constituents. Whiners. It works out well for Cincinnati and Washington state.

Atlanta Dan
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
It is fairly typical of how politics is played these days at all levels. Sad to say somebody in Seattle or Cincy proobably was going to vote agsint anyone who voted for the resolution.

If the Congresspersons from Indy & Denver voted for the resolution, that speaks well for them.

In terms of how the fan bases & teams handled the losses, Indy & Denver (& their coaches) did it with class while Cincy & Seattle (& their coaches) behaved like spoiled little kids. Fish rots from the head down.

melroseplace
02-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Strictly a publicity move. Sadly enough, people will actually vote to re-elect these people simply because of this action. If they can't find the intelligence or class to acknowledge the fact Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl, then they'll fit right in with their constituents. Whiners. It works out well for Cincinnati and Washington state.

exactly. if they had voted yes the people of Ohio would be pissed off and remember that come next election.

floodcitygirl
02-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Just to le tyou know that when this constituent saw that article this AM I emailed my congreewoman to let her that that her view on this did not represent me! I told her it magnified all of the WHINNING that has been going on around here as well as poor sportsmanship! I also let her know that because of her actions on this I would be ordering my WE DEY shirt from the cincysteelersfans site today and wearing it proudly!!!:blurp: :cool:

Mr. Clean
02-10-2006, 05:34 PM
In terms of how the fan bases & teams handled the losses, Indy & Denver (& their coaches) did it with class while Cincy & Seattle (& their coaches) behaved like spoiled little kids. Fish rots from the head down.

Word.

Suitanim
02-10-2006, 06:41 PM
They must be the last two knuckleheads in Cincy to get the memo that that wasn't a cheap shot.

MNsteelers
02-10-2006, 06:50 PM
They must be the last two knuckleheads in Cincy to get the memo that that wasn't a cheap shot.

The best part is Palmer HIMSELF even said it wasn't a cheap shot. I have great respect for Palmer for saying that. He's a tough competitor, and still thinks his was the better team. I like that in an opponent. Strangely, it fits much better than "We knew playing the Pittsburgh Steelers was going to be tough. We didn't think we'd have to play the guys in striped shirts as well."

I really hope Palmer comes back next year at 100 percent, cuz there's going to be some epic battles between he and Ben, and we'll put this whole ridiculous issue to rest.

4xSBChamps
02-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I really hope Palmer comes back next year at 100 percent, cuz there's going to be some epic battles between he and Ben, and we'll put this whole ridiculous issue to rest.
:iagree:
Palmer seems like a class-act, which makes it a shame he plays for the Bungles..... :rolleyes:

Ambridge
02-10-2006, 07:23 PM
When the Steelers visit President Bush at the White House maybe Joey Porter can seek out these two Congassmen and jam a Terrible Towel down their throats.

4xSBChamps
02-10-2006, 07:31 PM
..... maybe Joey Porter can seek out these two Congassmen.....
[Joey Porter]
" De're soft..... an' when Ah see-'em, Ah'm gonna TELL-'em, 'DE'RE SOFT!!!!!' ....."
[/Joey Porter]
:mallet:

Chronicgaming
02-10-2006, 08:46 PM
When the Steelers visit President Bush at the White House maybe Joey Porter can seek out these two Congassmen and jam a Terrible Towel down their throats.

I'll be waiting for Joey's comments at the press conference before the Steelers face... errr... visit Washington DC. :rolleyes:

WeNowHave5
02-10-2006, 11:21 PM
very creative political grandstanding. Leave it up to those politicians. I guess thats why I could never be one.