PDA

View Full Version : Batch expects lockout next March

pete74
06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers reserve quarterback Charlie Batch doubles as the team's union player representative.

And Batch is convinced the players will be locked out by the owners next March as the 2011 season approaches.

"Nothing has changed," Batch told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "We're still there. The players continue to hear nothing different than what I've been relaying over the last year, and that's players anticipate a lockout. .. I've been telling people, warning our players of a lockout, and there are no signs that say we're closer, and we're not.

"You can see by the comments from our executive director where he thinks the labor negotiations are. One thing DeMaurice has done, he's gotten the message out to the players so they're not hearing it through the media. He's trying to do everything in his power to get a deal done."

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider

pete74
06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
i know im going to be one bumming SOB if i cant watch football next season

Sifl
06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
On the bright side every game locked out will be one less game without Big Ben under center. On the down side, I've got a very important "date" down in Tampa Bay and it would really suck to miss it.

pete74
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
I wish it was this season for that reasoning but the potential lockout is for the 2011 season

Big
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
On the bright side every game locked out will be one less game without Big Ben under center. On the down side, I've got a very important "date" down in Tampa Bay and it would really suck to miss it.

What the hell are you saying? U dont want big ben under center cause the media is hot on his trail? Fair weather fans can get lost! we dont need you! I could care less if Big Ben Raped my Mom, I want him under center!!!! Super Bowl 7, I WANT YOU!

Sifl
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
What the hell are you saying? U dont want big ben under center cause the media is hot on his trail? Fair weather fans can get lost! we dont need you! I could care less if Big Ben Raped my Mom, I want him under center!!!! Super Bowl 7, I WANT YOU!

Reading comprehension is your friend.
What I said is that if there's a lockout then it will eat up Big Ben's bench time. Oh and BTW I've been Black & Gold since 1976. How about you, Mister "fairweather"? :flap:

Sifl
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
I wish it was this season for that reasoning but the potential lockout is for the 2011 season
How did I miss that? Okay, so on the upside I'm on for Florida, but on the downside we might have a shortened season in 2 years? Okay. I can work with that.