PDA

View Full Version : Post season funk...

PisnNapalm
02-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I've been so revved up for so long throughout the playoffs and Super Bowl that...

well, I dunno what the hell to do with myself. Anyone else feeling this way?

BTW... I just ordered myself the leather SB Champs hat. :D

Stillers#1
02-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I know wha you mean, it's friday and I don't have a gam to be excited for. I wish the NFL playoffs were as long the the playoffs on the movie "Baseketball." This sunday is going to be lame, since I'll actually be sober.

boLT fan
02-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Well it's been a month so i've kind of gotten used to it. :busted:

Ambridge
02-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah!
The last five days have been awesome but the reality that the season is finally over is starting to set in.

What a great and unbelieveable Steeler season........going from the low point at 7-5 to winning 8 straight and becoming Superbowl Champions.
Nothing but great memories to cherish.

Thank You-Steelers!!!

Suitanim
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Time to talk free agency/draft! The NFL season is truly never over, they just take a couple breaks here and there.

Ryan
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Compared to the types of post-season funks we've had to deal with the last several years, I'll take this kind of post-season funk any old day.

I mean, I considered the post-season a complete success the moment I heard New England was out. Indy, Denver, and Seattle going down to us, getting that fifth ring finally, made a great post-season a spectacular one.

And now, for the next eight months, we finally get to do the trash talking.

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I just want vacation time to arrive at this point in time.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-10-2006, 07:49 PM
IM bored to tears.Ive read every freekin SB article I can find, I still have to pinch myself that we are the World Champs...

but now its sunday, and while I'll watch the pro bowl, its not the same..

the offseason sucks!!

clevestinks
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I am lost right now, my personal celebration lasted alot longer than people around me, here in cleveland they just wanted to stop talking about already!

What a RIDE! I Love Our Pittsburgh Steelers!

Atlanta Dan
02-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Not having another game to look forward to is always a let down, but your last memories of the season were perfect, something that Steelers fans have not experienced for 26 yeras.

Frankly, the last 2 months have been so exhilirating/stressful I need a break. It was not just the playoffs but needing both 4 Steelers regular season wins plus this sequence of other games, all of which I was watching on the networks or NFL Sunday Ticket (Dallas over KC/Miami over San Diego/Giants over KC/KC over San Diego).

When you combine the 3 road playoff wins with what had to happen in the regular season after the December loss to the Benglas I cannot imagine any playoff run that has involved such an unlikely sequence of events. Truly a miracle season.

Chronicgaming
02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I agree with you guys about the offseason. I'm bored to tears as well. I'm going to follow the Sabres and hope they made the playoffs (hey, I converted my fiance to being a Steeler fan for the playoffs so I can cheer on the Sabres since they should make it to the playoffs too). I keep up with the Pens, but it hasn't been easy. Basketball just doesn't do it for me. The most enjoyment I get from the basketball season is watching Duke lose a game or two. :cool:

83-Steelers-43
02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Not having another game to look forward to is always a let down, but your last memories of the season were perfect, something that Steelers fans have not experienced for 26 yeras.

Frankly, the last 2 months have been so exhilirating/stressful I need a break. It was not just the playoffs but needing both 4 Steelers regular season wins plus this sequence of other games, all of which I was watching on the networks or NFL Sunday Ticket (Dallas over KC/Miami over San Diego/Giants over KC/KC over San Diego).

When you combine the 3 road playoff wins with what had to happen in the regular season after the December loss to the Benglas I cannot imagine any playoff run that has involved such an unlikely sequence of events. Truly a miracle season.

I agree brother. It was like one long roller coaster ride for the last nine weeks. I mean that in a good way obviously. My head, towel waving arm, stomach and throat need a rest.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I hate when the season is over, however i get through it by keeping up to day with the free agency and looking through as many mock drafts as i can.......
The worse thing about the post season is turning on the sports channels and their is nobody talking football.................
Anyway, here is a web site i visit weekly http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock.html
Scroll down and visit all the mock drafts.............ENJOY

Mr. Clean
02-10-2006, 09:23 PM
The offseason would be a lot easier to take if the Penguins had a decent team. Even after that awful loss to the Cowboys in 1996 Mario & Co. were playing great hockey. Sadly, now, that's not the case. Pitt's basketball team has been playing very well, but I'm not a big CBB fan.

If I were a multimillionaire (only in dreamland will that happen) and owned the Pens I would want Sunday afternoon games at home right after the NFL season ended. Tailgating would be encouraged.

Baseball? I'm so down on that sport.

For the football-only fan, nothing but Steeler football is sufficient.

PisnNapalm
02-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the replies folks.

Being stuck here near Philly the offseason is dreadful. All the sports talk is about the Phillies/Eagles/Phlyers/76'ers. All this past week a few of the radio shows have been bashing the Steelers and refs. I think they're just extremely jealous. LMAO!!

I will be scooping up all the Steelers news I can find on the internet as usual. I'm greatful to have found this site when I did. Hopefully it will ease my Steeler addiction in the offseason. ;)