PDA

View Full Version : Revis

BehindSteelCurtain
06-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up or not but what do you guys think of Revis coming back to his hometown?

It doesn't look good right now as Revis is sitting out plays in practice and said that their last offer was an insult.

I mean I know its a slim chance but maybe it's something to talk about. And we all know how bad are secondary is.

pete74
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
i cant see the jets letting him go or the steelers making him the highest paid corner but i would be in heaven with a corner like revis. it would be a dream come true to land him.

with that said the jets are kinda screwed. if they pay him they wont be able to afford the other high priced defenders but if they dont they lose the best corner and the anchor to there defense

BehindSteelCurtain
06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
i cant see the jets letting him go or the steelers making him the highest paid corner but i would be in heaven with a corner like revis. it would be a dream come true to land him.

with that said the jets are kinda screwed. if they pay him they wont be able to afford the other high priced defenders but if they dont they lose the best corner and the anchor to there defense

I agree ......they're paying the price for going after all the big names......

mikegrimey
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Complete fantasy---Revis would be an amazing player to have of course, but he wants something upwards of 15 mil a year. Not too many teams are going to pay that kind of dough for a CB, even if he is one of the 2 best current ones in the league.

For one, great CB's don't tend to stay on top for too long. I can remember when Champ Bailey was the baddest CB on the planet, just 3 years ago, and now nobody fears him.
For two, as mentioned in here, the Jets are picking up a lot of big name players in the offseason, obviously trying to make a run at the SB. These types of moves don't always work out in the NFL. The Pats did a similar thing with their offense before 2007, and while that was a great year for them, they've come crashing back to earth the last two years.

jgoodnough
06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
That would be terrible. I Don't want a money grubbing pre-madonna on my team

pete74
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Like someone said, the jets have way to many big paycheck guys and alot of them are going to break the bank within the next 2 years. Alot of contracts are up and they Jace revis, holmes, there center and LB'er who all want to be paid top dollar. There already overpaying Sanchez and won't be able to afford many more players after revis. It's nice to have the top CB but add in the financial strain and I would rather have a decent corner and be able to afford other players. The jets will crash and burn in 2 years

Stinky Fred
06-15-2010, 10:13 PM
A CB of Revis' skills isn't entirely necessary in our scheme. It'd be nice, but I think the money is better spent elsewhere. I'd rather see LaMarr (understand the CBA issue) and Ike extended for much less than we'd have to spend on Revis.

WeegiesWarriors
06-16-2010, 09:12 AM
The Jets are going to crash and burn. The league has a season of film on Sanchez and an entire offseason to study it. I've been watching the NFL for far too long. I've seen QBs have a great year and then fall completely off the charts in their second year. They number in the dozens ranging from free agents to number 1 draft picks. Sanchez has to prove it before I'll buy it.

As far as Revis, NFL players are like stocks except there are no coca-colas. Eventually every player falls. Right now you're buying high on Revis and all he can do from here is fall. One nick of the ankle or knee and he is in a downward spiral. I'll pass.

GodfatherofSoul
06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
The Jets are going to crash and burn. The league has a season of film on Sanchez and an entire offseason to study it. I've been watching the NFL for far too long. I've seen QBs have a great year and then fall completely off the charts in their second year. They number in the dozens ranging from free agents to number 1 draft picks. Sanchez has to prove it before I'll buy it.

As far as Revis, NFL players are like stocks except there are no coca-colas. Eventually every player falls. Right now you're buying high on Revis and all he can do from here is fall. One nick of the ankle or knee and he is in a downward spiral. I'll pass.

In the case of Sanchez, it took about 1/2 a season to put the clamps on him.

sharkweek
06-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Complete fantasy---Revis would be an amazing player to have of course, but he wants something upwards of 15 mil a year. Not too many teams are going to pay that kind of dough for a CB, even if he is one of the 2 best current ones in the league.

For one, great CB's don't tend to stay on top for too long. I can remember when Champ Bailey was the baddest CB on the planet, just 3 years ago, and now nobody fears him.
For two, as mentioned in here, the Jets are picking up a lot of big name players in the offseason, obviously trying to make a run at the SB. These types of moves don't always work out in the NFL. The Pats did a similar thing with their offense before 2007, and while that was a great year for them, they've come crashing back to earth the last two years.

that may be true but I'll forever remember and love him for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvx7Ypz-EWY

mikegrimey
06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
That was quite a play when it happened. I always thought the ball got knocked out in the end zone though.
Either way I remember I was pretty glad the broncos knocked off the pats---I felt we would have better chances against Jake Plummer in a big game than Tom Brady (this was the day before we beat the Colts so I was thinking ahead a bit lol)

supa_fly_steeler
06-18-2010, 05:27 AM
lol bailey was the shit back in the day. he was a baller

lasvegasguy
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
I agree ......they're paying the price for going after all the big names......

No they are paying the price because their big mouth coach said that Revis was the best in the league and the best he ever coached. If you were Revis and heard that wouldn't you want to be the highest paid player in the league?

mikegrimey
06-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Hopefully they pay him all that loot, so when his talent and motivation declines they can still pay him a good 10 mil plus a year.

pete74
06-21-2010, 05:27 AM
No they are paying the price because their big mouth coach said that Revis was the best in the league and the best he ever coached. If you were Revis and heard that wouldn't you want to be the highest paid player in the league?

exactly. its one thing to say you have a great player but Ryan has been building him up all year. he was constantly telling the media that he was the best corner in the leauge and should of won the defensive MVP so naturally after hearing that Revis wants to be the highest paid corner and its going to hurt the team

in my mind only the QB is worth 10+mil a year. the QB is the one person that can single handedly change the outcome of a game.