PDA

View Full Version : 'appropriate' SB-XL attire

4xSBChamps
02-10-2006, 10:14 PM
NOTE:

I didn't find this Forum until AFTER the Super Bowl in Detroit, so if this thread is a dupe, please lock-it down, and forgive my ignorance.....
:dang:

I can't find any thread regarding what this Forum's members (and their freinds ) wore during the game, while watching on TV, at-home, or at parties that evening, so I'll start it off.....

I wore my mid-1990s-era Black Champion-brand #95 jersey I bought before SB-XXX at Arizona in January '96 (having finally out-grown my 1973-era, all-nylon Black #75 jersey at age 36..... I just kept stretchin'-and-stretchin' at it for 22+ years..... ), Black Wranglers, and Black boots:
my girlfriend, who isn't a big fan, none-the-less wore a Black #43 jersey I'd bought her last year, Black slacks, and Black high-heel boots.....

All of our friends wore the same Stiller jerseys/T-shirts/sweatshirts they'd worn 2 weeks earlier for the game against the Donkos.

tony hipchest
02-10-2006, 10:25 PM
i bought a #95 jersey for the 95 season too but all the paint is starting to chip so i had to go with the roethlisberger jersey (home-couldnt find the away one) black socks and a pair of boxers- grandpa style, i was ready to go mow the lawn! lol

Chronicgaming
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I wore the same Bettis home jersey that I've had for the past couple years. My fiance wore a home Rothlisberger jersey. We've done this combination all through the playoffs.

mdhus
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
For christmas i got a Ben Roethlisberger jersey. I wore it for the detroit game, all 3 playoff games AND the Super Bowl...Guess what all Wins!!!! so im 5-0 with that jersey ;)

siko

WWIIOwheelz
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I luckily found & bought a Superbowl XL 43 Polamalu jersey 3 days before the game (not a replica or authentic, but a K-Mart one.) Still, it caught everyone's eye, with the XL patches.

I had that on, my hardhat, my Hines 86 shirt on underneath, Steelers "Nerdy pants." Homemade chili, Fritos scoops, and a cold drink. It was all it could be.

Justin Otstott
02-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I wore my porter jersey and all that good stuff...

bigbensgirl7
02-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I wore my white Roethlisberger jersey just like I have every game this year!!!!

GoStillersGo
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Every time I've worn my Steelers black sweatshirt, they've lost. So I didn't wear it for any of the playoff games. I wore a lucky black long-sleeved shirt for the three playoff games, and my white 2005 AFC Champions shirt for the SB (Because they were wearing away white).

It seemed to have worked. :wink:

SteelerDan43
02-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Mean Joe Greene jersey with Polamalu hard hat

pucho58
02-11-2006, 07:15 AM
I wore my authentic Bettis home jersey with steelers black with gold stripes pjs,and black and gold timberland boots. Everyone at the party could not believe I had Steelers color timbs.