PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Gibson believes collegiate OLB experience helpful

Big
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Steelers rookie Thaddeus Gibson primarily played defensive end at Ohio State, but he has some experience at outside linebacker, the position he'll play in Pittsburgh's scheme. Gibson, the Steelers' fourth-round pick, played outside linebacker in high school and also played the position in some packages for the Buckeyes. Gibson, who played the "Leo" position in Ohio State's defense, would move from defensive end to outside linebacker when the Buckeyes used their nickel package and switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 look. "Playing that role that I played at Ohio State got me prepared for the job I'm doing now," he said. Gibson, who signed with the Steelers on June 11, told PFW he'll play left outside linebacker, where Pro Bowler LaMarr Woodley himself a former collegiate defensive end is entrenched as the starter, with fellow Pro Bowler James Harrison on the right side. Gibson is excited to learn from both. "You couldn't be in a better place or a better situation," he said.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/06/18/steelers-gibson-believes-collegiate-olb-experience

pete74
06-19-2010, 06:47 AM
I think Gibson will be the next great Steeler linebacker

Big
06-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I like the fact he has played some LB in college, so he may already have somewhat of an idea to what is going on

markymarc
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I think Gibson will be the next great Steeler linebacker

I agree Pete and also think Jason Worilds will join that list too.

LVSteelersfan
06-27-2010, 02:25 AM
I am excited to see Gibson and Worilds in the preseason. I really truly think the Steelers had a great draft despite what the naysayers have to say about it. I have heard year after year about how the Steelers had terrible drafts but they are constantly in the hunt almost every season. So the drafts are not that bad. I hope Pouncey pans out and am extremely excited to see him play. And I hope Ziggy gets a lot more time this year as I think he is the future at DE as our Dline gets older and older.

MDSteel15
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Well lets not throw Woodley out to pasture yet guys!!!

pete74
07-03-2010, 05:31 AM
woodley will be franchised. we will not let him get away. Gibson and Worilds are there to compete for Harrison's spot. i dont see Harrison playing for the steelers more then another year or two

MDSteel15
07-03-2010, 09:47 AM
woodley will be franchised. we will not let him get away. Gibson and Worilds are there to compete for Harrison's spot. i dont see Harrison playing for the steelers more then another year or two

I believe that too... I don't think people realize how old Harrison is for only being a starter for the last 3 years!