PDA

View Full Version : Once again, Ticket Brokers are the DEVIL!

Triggerfish
06-19-2010, 10:08 AM
So, here I am again for my annual rant. ANOTHER unsuccessful attempt at scoring Steelers tickets. I even synchronize my clock to Ticketmaster, and click on Find Tickets the SECOND they go on sale! SO frustrating! I just want to go see a freakin' Steelers game without paying $400 a ticket! Is that too much to ask?! This is now 4 years in a row that I was unable to get seats. Later today StubHub etc. etc. will have these tix listed for 5 times face value. It makes me sick. Really....it does.

Whadya gonna do I guess, right? I just get so bent, cause every year I think it's gonna FINALLY be my year. *Sigh* Well, if any of you season ticket holders are looking to unload some seats to a hardcore fan, feel free to hit me up! Otherwise, it looks like I'll be watching from the couch again this year. :banging:

metalforever
06-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I got the shaft too.. I had my time set to ticketmaster time as well.

I guess I have to settle for preseason.

lasvegasguy
06-19-2010, 04:50 PM
So, here I am again for my annual rant. ANOTHER unsuccessful attempt at scoring Steelers tickets. I even synchronize my clock to Ticketmaster, and click on Find Tickets the SECOND they go on sale! SO frustrating! I just want to go see a freakin' Steelers game without paying $400 a ticket! Is that too much to ask?! This is now 4 years in a row that I was unable to get seats. Later today StubHub etc. etc. will have these tix listed for 5 times face value. It makes me sick. Really....it does.

Whadya gonna do I guess, right? I just get so bent, cause every year I think it's gonna FINALLY be my year. *Sigh* Well, if any of you season ticket holders are looking to unload some seats to a hardcore fan, feel free to hit me up! Otherwise, it looks like I'll be watching from the couch again this year. :banging:

Tell you what Trigger Fish I will sell you a pair of tickets to the Panthers/Steelers on Thursday night, December 23rd they are in section 520 AA for $250.

I am going back for Christmas this year and I wanted to go to a game. My wife at work today was trying to get tickets and so was I at home. Wouldn't you know it we both scored tickets so now I have extra's. I knew if we both got tickets I could always sell the other pair.

I don't have them yet but Ticketmaster says they are being printed. If your interested let me know we can certainly work something out so you don't spend $400 to go to another game. I can always put them on ebay then let you know when they are posted so you can hit the "buy it now" button. Using EBAY will protect us both. Just a thought.

Triggerfish
06-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Tell you what Trigger Fish I will sell you a pair of tickets to the Panthers/Steelers on Thursday night, December 23rd they are in section 520 AA for $250.

I am going back for Christmas this year and I wanted to go to a game. My wife at work today was trying to get tickets and so was I at home. Wouldn't you know it we both scored tickets so now I have extra's. I knew if we both got tickets I could always sell the other pair.

I don't have them yet but Ticketmaster says they are being printed. If your interested let me know we can certainly work something out so you don't spend $400 to go to another game. I can always put them on ebay then let you know when they are posted so you can hit the "buy it now" button. Using EBAY will protect us both. Just a thought.

PM sent...

lasvegasguy
06-19-2010, 06:00 PM
PM sent...

Back at ya!

steelerchad
06-19-2010, 06:14 PM
I had good luck today, but I've been able to get them every year since they went to ticketmaster. I was never able to get them with the old mail order system being on the waiting list. Probably since I live out of town.
I had 3 computers going with my wife and daughter helping me search. We actually had to drop an extra set because of ticket limits.

lasvegasguy
06-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I had good luck today, but I've been able to get them every year since they went to ticketmaster. I was never able to get them with the old mail order system being on the waiting list. Probably since I live out of town.
I had 3 computers going with my wife and daughter helping me search. We actually had to drop an extra set because of ticket limits.

I hear ya. Since I live on the west coast the old mail ticket system never, never, ever worked for me. By the time I got the order form everyone in the surrounding area of Pittsburgh already had theirs in. I was dead before I even started. Ticketmaster has been good to me too. Knock on wood.

nojobny
06-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I always tell people to go to the Steelers Ticket Exchange on the Steelers site. It's where season tix holders sell their extras.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers-tickets/?intcmp=tm103766&wt.mc_id=NFL_TEAM_PIT_DROP_DOWN

JPPT1974
06-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Tickets are outrageous, especially during these economic hard times.

Triggerfish
06-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Yea, it's ridiculous how much money you can spend to go see an NFL game these days. My fiance (getting married in September) is a hardcore Pats fan. I know....WTF, right? You can imagine the tension in our house during football season! Hahaha.

Anway, she'd never been to a Pats game, and it was always a dream of hers to see a game in Foxboro, so I got us tickets a few years back....compliments of the Devil (aka StubHub). We had good seats...not 50 yard line lower level good, but good. I think I paid around $800 for the pair. Travel expenses, hotel, souveniers, food, drinks, etc....well, you do the math. It was ugly. We had a great time though, and she'll never forget it. So, I suppose in a way it was worth it, but it sure is hard to justify spending that kinda dough on a football game! Hell, we could have probably gone to the Caribbean for a few days for that amount!

I caught wind of her plans to return the favor the following year at Christmas time, and I put a stop to it. It was 2006, we were making our Super Bowl run, and the price she was going to pay for those tickets was outrageous! As badly as I wanted to go to a game, I just couldn't let her spend that kind of money.

So, here I am, several years later and STILL haven't been to a game since! But this is my year! I'm gonna get to a game come hell or high water this year! Hahaha. I was REALLY hoping to get lucky and land some tickets to the Steeler/Pats primetime game in November, but no dice. That would have been the best-case scenerio for the two of us, but it didn't pan out. I'll keep checking around though, and maybe I'll stumble into something. And lasvegasguy's very generous offer is much appreciated!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!! :tt03:

rick723
06-20-2010, 08:29 AM

I went to a few Steeler games. I was stationed In Connellsville PA. about 70 miles from Three Rivers. Twice I went to a game by waiting till kickoff and the scalpers cut their ticket price to under face value. You miss maybe 4 plays.
Another way is ask someone if they have a ticket. I sold a few because someone didn't show up. BTW the tickets I sold were free to me.

Triggerfish
06-20-2010, 09:36 AM
I went to a few Steeler games. I was stationed In Connellsville PA. about 70 miles from Three Rivers. Twice I went to a game by waiting till kickoff and the scalpers cut their ticket price to under face value. You miss maybe 4 plays.
Another way is ask someone if they have a ticket. I sold a few because someone didn't show up. BTW the tickets I sold were free to me.

Good ol' Connellsville....I know it well. Yup, when I was a college student, we used to do that all the time, almost every home game that we could manage to scrape a few dollars together for. We'd go down and tailgate until after kickoff and then head for the stadium. You'd find a scalper, offer a real lowball price for his tickets, he'd say "No way!', we'd say "ok" and proceed to walk away. Scalper screams for you to come back and gives you the tickets dirt cheap. Worked everytime. Sometimes we missed a series or two, but no biggie.

Unfortunately, I hate to take that kind of risk nowadays, since I'd be traveling from out-of-town for the game. I'd prefer the security of KNOWING I had a ticket when I left the house, ya know? Something will work out, I'm sure.

Austin Steel
06-21-2010, 09:05 AM
No problems scoring Tix here with Ticketmaster. I got 4, my brother got 4. We do it every year. Coming in even a minute late though doesn't work. :tt04:

stb_steeler
06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
A buddy of mine's sister was offered the Steelers Fan Pac.....6 tix, 4 regular season and 2 playoff (if team makes it)...$900.00 mid field. She passed on it...Needless to say he was pissed at her, me to of course. We would have givin her the money. :banging:

steelerchad
06-21-2010, 08:05 PM
A buddy of mine's sister was offered the Steelers Fan Pac.....6 tix, 4 regular season and 2 playoff (if team makes it)...$900.00 mid field. She passed on it...Needless to say he was pissed at her, me to of course. We would have givin her the money. :banging:

I wouldn't sweat not taking that offer. I got the same thing and you have to read the fine print. Cost is $999.00 and you get a fan club membership that gives you 2 tickets to a preseason game, 2 tickets to the Bengals game, and the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to a possible playoff game. You get the right to purchase 2 playoff tickets, they're not included in the thousand bucks. You can get a pair of preseason tickets for $80 or so and 2 tickets to the Bengals for $250 or so. The right to purchase playoff tickets which will cost you another $250 or so is not worth the other almost $700.

You'd be better off scalping all the games you want and pocketing the other $500-$700.

stb_steeler
06-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't sweat not taking that offer. I got the same thing and you have to read the fine print. Cost is $999.00 and you get a fan club membership that gives you 2 tickets to a preseason game, 2 tickets to the Bengals game, and the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets to a possible playoff game. You get the right to purchase 2 playoff tickets, they're not included in the thousand bucks. You can get a pair of preseason tickets for $80 or so and 2 tickets to the Bengals for $250 or so. The right to purchase playoff tickets which will cost you another $250 or so is not worth the other almost $700.

You'd be better off scalping all the games you want and pocketing the other $500-$700.

Yeah i wasn't told what games they were, so i guess its not that big of a deal then.

Triggerfish
06-22-2010, 10:22 AM
No problems scoring Tix here with Ticketmaster. I got 4, my brother got 4. We do it every year. Coming in even a minute late though doesn't work. :tt04:

This year I even syncronized my clock to the EXACT second as Ticketmaster, and STILL didn't get them. I suppose a lot of it comes down to which game you choose. If you happen to pick one of the games with "less demand" you're probably more likely to score. I tried for the primetime Pats game first with no luck. By the time you wait out your queue time for that first set, you're done for if you wana try another game. Oh well....maybe next year I guess.

steelerchad
06-22-2010, 10:45 AM
This year I even syncronized my clock to the EXACT second as Ticketmaster, and STILL didn't get them. I suppose a lot of it comes down to which game you choose. If you happen to pick one of the games with "less demand" you're probably more likely to score. I tried for the primetime Pats game first with no luck. By the time you wait out your queue time for that first set, you're done for if you wana try another game. Oh well....maybe next year I guess.

Going for the Pats game was your issue. I went for that one first as well and didn't get any, but I hit on my second try for a different game. The searches after that took several minutes but the Pats search took like 10 seconds and came back empty. I don't think there ever was any seats to that game, except for singles.

All the other games were ok as I had several family members hit on different games.

metalforever
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Scored a pair of tickets last night(wednesday) on ticketmaster. Seems that they released some more... ^_^. In the meantime, I have a pair of lower level preseason game(detroit) tickets that I am looking to get rid of...

Triggerfish
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Going for the Pats game was your issue. I went for that one first as well and didn't get any, but I hit on my second try for a different game. The searches after that took several minutes but the Pats search took like 10 seconds and came back empty. I don't think there ever was any seats to that game, except for singles.

All the other games were ok as I had several family members hit on different games.

I wish that were the case for me. I clicked on the Pats game first, and it took like 10 minutes in queue to get results....which of course was No Tickets Available. By that time, I was already screwed on other games. I tried a few other games and was only able to get results for SINGLE tickets. Oh well...I'm over it. I'll find a way to get tickets somehow.

metalforever
06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Doubles are still available as of right now for the December/Carolina game.

Triggerfish
06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Yup...I just checked and saw that. I have an offer from one of the guys here on the boards for tickets to that game. It's the Thursday before Christmas, so I gotta try to figure out our Holiday Plans first, but I'll probably just buy his if I can swing it. Thanks for the heads up though!

metalforever
06-26-2010, 08:42 AM
More doubles available for the panthers game.

thebus36idf
06-26-2010, 02:14 PM

Sorry no disrespect intended, but you guys are part of the problem. How much did you pay for those tickets? You buy more than you need and make a big profit on the ones you don't need. You can buy tickets for this game on NFL ticket exchange in this section none over 191.00. I am sure these guys are making a killing too. I buy tickets at a premium every year, and am shocked to see the face value of these tickets when I recieve them one year I paid 450.00 for tickets and when I recieved them the price on the tickets were 75.00. AMERICAN GREED always kills the little guy.

lasvegasguy
06-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry no disrespect intended, but you guys are part of the problem. How much did you pay for those tickets? You buy more than you need and make a big profit on the ones you don't need. You can buy tickets for this game on NFL ticket exchange in this section none over 191.00. I am sure these guys are making a killing too. I buy tickets at a premium every year, and am shocked to see the face value of these tickets when I recieve them one year I paid 450.00 for tickets and when I recieved them the price on the tickets were 75.00. AMERICAN GREED always kills the little guy.

After my ticket master cost and shipping I think I will pay around $175 for the pair. I'm not looking to make a killing on them but I am also not willing to sell them for cost when I know I can get more once the season starts and a whole lot more if the game has playoff implications for either team. There is a range that makes me happy and the person buying the tickets happy. If the person buying the tickets is used to paying $300 to $400 for tickets, like I have done in the past, and I offer someone mine in the low 200's wouldn't we all be happy? I don't think a $20 to $40 profit is too much to ask for my time and effort?

If I list the tickets on EBAY for $250 they are going to smack me for around $28 to list them at that price. That leaves me with $222. I want the person buying the tickets to receive them pretty fast so 2 to 3 day shipping is going to be around another $15 to $20 bucks. That leaves me right around $200 to $205. So getting $20 to $25 profit on Steeler tickets is pretty resonable in my opinion.

thebus36idf
07-03-2010, 03:55 PM
After my ticket master cost and shipping I think I will pay around $175 for the pair. I'm not looking to make a killing on them but I am also not willing to sell them for cost when I know I can get more once the season starts and a whole lot more if the game has playoff implications for either team. There is a range that makes me happy and the person buying the tickets happy. If the person buying the tickets is used to paying $300 to $400 for tickets, like I have done in the past, and I offer someone mine in the low 200's wouldn't we all be happy? I don't think a $20 to $40 profit is too much to ask for my time and effort?

If I list the tickets on EBAY for $250 they are going to smack me for around $28 to list them at that price. That leaves me with $222. I want the person buying the tickets to receive them pretty fast so 2 to 3 day shipping is going to be around another $15 to $20 bucks. That leaves me right around $200 to $205. So getting $20 to $25 profit on Steeler tickets is pretty resonable in my opinion.

Sorry my fault I thought you wanted 250.00 each. That's what I am used to paying.