PDA

View Full Version : Futbol thoughts

hammy36
06-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey everybody,

So it has happened...every four years or so, my extreme disinterest in the other football turns into a lesser disinterest (as long as the US is in it anyway). So my buddy and I were discussing...what if the USA's premier athletes grew up loving soccer instead of our brand of football. How competitive in international play could we be. Please do not take this as a discount to our team as is or infer that I'm saying NFL players could take the field...er...pitch tomorrow and beat Algeria. I'm just saying, USA soccer is typically laughed at and how much of a difference would it make if Troy were playing in the backfield or Ochocinco were kicking goals...Fitzgerald or Kevin Garnett as keeper, Moss flying down the sideline (if he felt like and if that's what it's alled)...heck, what about Reed plowing one from 50 yards out...k, well maybe 43 yards out. Not that they could do it tomorrow but if they played the game for years...what if.

Sorry for the rant, just saw a blog where this idea popped up and futbol fans were completely trashing the idea...like it's a ludicrous thought. The point is, at least i feel our best athletes, whether they're NFL, NBA, NHL, grow up loving a sport that largly involves the arms and hands. Other countries' best athletes grow up loving soccer. Am I way off base here? Anyone with me? Philisophical I know but intriging nonetheless.

Who else can't wait the NFL?!

scsteeler
06-23-2010, 08:14 AM
To make this short and sweet! I think if this country was a Futbol sport rather than American Football I think would we see a domination in that sport!

Our top Athletes play Football, Basket Ball and Baseball.

I have nothing against Futbol but I prefer American Football that I love and grew up on. Also I don't care what the fans of that other sport think they should spend more time enjoying the sport they love and not worry so much what we American's love. Of course maybe those bloggers are a little jealous.

Steelerfreak58
06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
They flop around and fake injuries (very poorly too I might add) too much for me to ever like it. Futbol blows just waiting for September to get here!

stb_steeler
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
They flop around and fake injuries (very poorly too I might add) too much for me to ever like it. Futbol blows just waiting for September to get here!

U notice that to?. Im thankful we have several sports in our country. Imagine if all we had is soccer. Thank God for the NFL !!!. Futbol=:sissies: