PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry had pre existing brain damage

tony hipchest
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
basically the biopsy of his brain tissue shows chronic traumatic encephalopathy (which is pretty much what mike webster and many others suffered from).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/06/28/chris.henry.brain.damage.ap/index.html

while it was widely speculated on this board that he most certainly was drunk, or on drugs, or a douche, or :blah: i cant help but to think of that lick anthony smith (i think) laid on him.

all reports suggest toxicology came back clean. he had no diagnosed cases of a concussion while in the nfl.

kinda screwed up even if he were a bunghole. 26 years old and damaged good for life. this is why i would rather reserve judgement, rather than jump to conclusions at the expense of calling him a crackhead (no pun intended) and being right.

for all we know he was abused as a 2-3 year old and getting smacked/punched upside the head everyday by his parents/guardians.

props to him and his family for allowing research to be conducted.

gridiron
06-28-2010, 08:08 PM
for all we know he was abused as a 2-3 year old and getting smacked/punched upside the head everyday by his parents/guardians.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of that.

tony hipchest
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of that.

now i cant excuse him acting like an idiot as an adult, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that there were underlying conditions.

mike webster was doing some pretty strange things 5-10 years before he prematurely died. :noidea:

for all intents and purposes, it did seem like henry was trying to get his shit together before dying, and his clean toxicology speaks volumes.

and even if he were smoking a little herb on the side, it wouldnt lead to these tragic consequences. if anything, a little pot would be medicinal and therapeutic.

pete74
06-29-2010, 05:26 AM
i feel real bad for Henry and his family but i still dosnt understand why his girl wasnt charged with a crime. she drove the truck at a high speed knowing he was standing in the back. at the very least she should get invol. homicide.

as for his brain, i would love to know how that happened since he didnt have any reported concussions in college or in the pros. i guess it can happen to anyone who plays football