PDA

View Full Version : If I started a Franchise from Scratch this is my team

supa_fly_steeler
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
QB: Aaron Rodgers. You would think that entering his sixth year he would be around what Ben Roethlisberger is 27/28. Wrong surprisngly he is just 25 years old. A great age for someone who has been in the league for quite awhile now even though he's started just two seasons.

FB: Leron McClain. This dude's a beast. He might play for those scumbag ratbrids but he's a fullback the Steelers could only wish for.

RB: DeAngelo Williams. A little old for 27 but has a rushing average of 5.1 after just four seasons. That's really good for an average of just over 750 carries. It shows he's consistent and his 2008 season was a great one. Reason why I didnt pick Chris Johnson is because he has been int he league two years, but I want to see a lot of consistencey like Williams.

WR: Mike Wallace, Andre Johnson, Eddie Royal & Santonio Holmes. It's a shame we could of had two of them on our current team. Royal had a great rookie season, regressed a little last year but he's a dangerous weapon to have.

Not doing an offensive line because i hate o-line.

DE: Michael Johnson & Chris Long. Both are young guys and are going to be good defensive ends. I'm going with a 3-4 defense.

OLB: Brian Orakpo & LaMarr Woodley. They will be the best outside linebackers in a couple of years. Orakpo if used properly will be a beast and Woodley already is.

LB: Patrick Willis & Aaron Curry. Willis is the best linebacker right now and Curry is a promising player. Both are young and are the cornerstone of their defenses.

FS: Earl Thomas/Eric Berry. Age, Age and Ballhawking abilities. In today's league i will sacrifice a little on the run game to get a supreme coverage player. Thomas' age is also great just turned 21, how i like it.

SS: Taylor Mays. Yes another rookie but this guy as a box safety like Troy Polamalu will be a beast, he will force a lot of fumbles. As long as my front 7 get alot of pressure going he will be fine in coverage like the season he had in 2008.

CB: Earl Thomas/Eric Berry, Cedric Griffin, Sean Smith, Brent Grimes. I would use Eric Berry and Earl Thomas in situations here, both are versatile, Cedric Griffin is a tough hard hitting corner, Sean Smith is big and physical and Grimes is also a great unknown coverage player who came into his own last season.

What are yours?

pete74
07-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I like almost everything. The QB is the best. I said it before his first season, he will be the next great one. Williams is a great rb but injury prone. Chris Johnson is great but I don't like his attitude so I would go with rice

viking350
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I think you should post a little o-line i mean they are the whole show with out them the qb's would be screwed you know?

pete74
07-10-2010, 05:22 AM
that is very true but most care about the skilled players

supa_fly_steeler
07-10-2010, 05:45 AM
I think you should post a little o-line i mean they are the whole show with out them the qb's would be screwed you know?

i dont really watch and rate the offensive line. what a boring positon.

lionslicer
07-13-2010, 07:06 AM
1) No way you could afford this
2) the fact that you wont choose an O-line proves your team will fail, most important position on the field. Fat Albert can gain 4-5 yards a carry behind a good O-line, and Peyton Manning has well over 6 seconds to pass the ball, more than any quarterback, and look at his numbers.