PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward: ‘We Can Get It Done’

pete74
07-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Going into his 13th season, Steelers WR Hines Ward(notes), 34, is sticking to a familiar regimen to remain in impeccable shape.

The Pittsburgh Tribune Review reports from now until the team opens up training camp, Ward will be on a strict diet and workout program, which includes time spent in a hyperbaric chamber.

As Ward can feel good about his conditioning, he also has a positive vibe about the Steelers’ season, despite the early suspension of QB Ben Roethlisberger(notes), piling offensive line injuries and outside criticism. "We don’t buy into all that stuff."

Ward said. "Every year we know we have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. … Every year, we have the core group of guys that can get it done."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-hineswardwecangetitd

Big
07-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Hines says something similar every year. He may know something because we are competitive every year.

55BaileyFan
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Hines is the man! I keep hearing how Hines is old, he doesn't have a step and so on. This year I also keep hearing how without Holmes we are not the same and Hines can't get it done himself....yeah right.

Hines still puts up awesome numbers and will lead this squad again...to hell with so called experts. Hines you are the man.

wootawnee
07-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Hines says something similar every year. He may know something because we are competitive every year.

Dude that picture is so 84....That is funny....

Kanata-Steeler
07-11-2010, 09:49 AM
I remeber when 2005 Steelers promised the Bus a Ring, we did it, and drove him home with it.
Yup, its time again to do it with Ward, all the way.

mikegrimey
07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Anyone who doubts Hines has to be completely foolish. The guy has gotten it done time and time again regardless of who complimented him in the receiving core. Whether they were drafting guys in the first round like Edwards, Burress, Holmes, or he was playing with journeymen like Cedric Wilson or Nate Washington, he's one guy you can always count on.

Only thing that we need to hope for is that he doesn't get injured. He's been pretty healthy for the past couple of years but I know he ended last season not practicing because of two strung hammys and he busted his knee real bad the year before. If Hines goes down, it's gonna hurt.

WeegiesWarriors
07-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Mike Wallace must step up and be a threat we all think he can be. I loved what he flashed his rookie year but he must get it done again this year. If he does we won't miss a beat with Holmes gone. I think he'll get it done.