PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's new favorite hobby: Clowning the Steelers

pete74
07-13-2010, 04:39 AM
It was a bad weekend for you if you're an overly-sensitive Steelers fan. Darnell Dockett(notes) and Chad Ochocinco(notes), two of the NFL's most beloved class clowns, got off a couple of blasts at the Steelers' expense.

Let's start with Dockett, because his was the meanest. Pro Football Talk spotted a shot at Ben Roethlisberger(notes) in an online chat Dockett did with ESPN. Here's the question and answer:

Nick (NJ): Witch QB Do you have most trouble trying to sack and which QB is the easiest to sack

Darnell Dockett (2:42 PM): The toughest QB to sack is Ben Roethlisberger.

Darnell Dockett (2:42 PM): The easiest QB to sack is Ben Roethlisberger if you can catch him in a bathroom stall.

Um ... Zing?

I'm not sure I get it completely. I don't know if either of Roethlisberger's accusers would describe their encounters as them sacking him, and if "sack" is a euphemism for something else, I don't know what it is.

So maybe it's not a classic joke that'll sweep the nation, but I guess Benjamin has made himself an easy target. Easy targets breed lame jokes. That's kind of why Jay Leno is still on TV. If the Steelers want to get back at Dockett, they can always send him a copy of this Blu-Ray.

Moving on to Ochocinco, his "reality" dating show debuted on VH1 last night. I only watched a little of it, because I'm trying really hard to maintain a sliver of dignity and self-esteem, but I guess the premise went like this: The VH1 people put 85 girls on a football field, and last night, Ocho somehow narrowed that group down to 17. He'll eventually get it down to one lucky and wholesome young lady.

But he didn't do it without a playful little jab at the Steelers. From the Twitter feed of ESPN's James Walker:

WR Chad Ochocinco on his dating show: “Man, I haven’t seen this many girls on a football field since the last time we played the Steelers.”