PDA

View Full Version : COACH TOMLIN GETS NEW DEAL

supa_fly_steeler
07-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Mike Tomlin erased any doubts he could follow in the footsteps of Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher when he led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory in his second year. Now, Pittsburgh has reportedly rewarded the coach with a three-year contract extension, despite a playoff-free 2009 season.

The Steelers have agreed to a three-year extension with Tomlin, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday. The newspaper reported that financial terms were unknown at this time.

The Post-Gazette reported that Steelers president Art Rooney, who negotiated Tomlin's extension, is on vacation and couldn't be reached for comment.

Tomlin's current contract, which averaged $2.5 million annually, had one season an option year left on it.

In 2009, the Steelers finished 9-7, losing five in a row and missing the playoffs a season after winning the Super Bowl -- the first champion to do so since the Steelers themselves in 2006.

The Steelers have had just three coaches in the last 41 years: Noll (23 seasons and four Super Bowl victories), Cowher (15 seasons and one Super Bowl win) and Tomlin (three seasons and one Super Bowl win).

Tomlin has a 31-17 record in three seasons as the Steelers' coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5375448&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5375448

StainlessStill
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Beautiful. Great news for our organization, it was getting tight there for a second with the potential bargain agreement and all. Lets roll.:tt02:

scsteeler
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Great decision by Front Office to extend the contract of Tomlin and I hope this is the first of many more to come.

JackHammer
07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
I wonder where's the idiot that always bashes Tomlin, and then when people defend Tomlin, this idiot says "well Art II sees it differently or he would have extended his contract"..... I wonder what that retard has to say now.....

scsteeler
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I wonder where's the idiot that always bashes Tomlin, and then when people defend Tomlin, this idiot says "well Art II sees it differently or he would have extended his contract"..... I wonder what that retard has to say now.....

:rofl::rofl:

pete74
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
we wernt going to let him go but if we did he would be the #1 coach on the market. good choice resigning him

scsteeler
07-13-2010, 02:59 PM
we wernt going to let him go but if we did he would be the #1 coach on the market. good choice resigning him

I totally agree. Tomlin is coach now and for the Future.

DanRooney
07-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Tomlin still has a lot to prove, in my eyes at least, which is why I think the Rooneys only extended him for 3 years. I can imagine the family is not too impressed with the lack of control of his team in the offseason. Losing a franchise quarterback that they invested $100 in for 4 games and a star receiver that they traded for a bag of beans probably infuriated them to no end.

Aside from Woodley, Timmons, Mendenhall, and Wallace, I can't personally say I'm too impressed with his (and moreso Colbert's) drafted players. Adding one good player in the rotation per year when your losing superstars left and right to suspension, FA, old age and injury is not going to cut it. I mean look at the list of drafted failures: Tony Hills, Matt Speath, Ryan McBean, Cameron Stephenson, Mike Humpal, Dennis Dixon (yes he sucks), Kraig Urbik, Frank Summers, Ryan Mundy, William Gay and my personal favorite, Limas Sweed. I will reemphasize the 2008 and 2009 Steelers drafts were two of the worst in their history. His FA acquisitions are pretty much a crapshoot too. Allen Rossum, Sean Mahan, Justin Hartwig, Carey Davis, McHugh and that corner from Indy who played wretched. Mewelde Moore was the best of the bunch but he is an average at 3rd down back. To top it off, he continues to start Cowher's washed up players like Tyrone Carter and Farrior. Those two alone cost us the playoffs last year. We saw how well Keyaran Fox played both in the Titans game, where he lead the team in tackles, and in the Vikings game where he had that return for a TD. Give the man a chance to start. Farrior whiffed on the same play on 4th down in THREE different games. And why did it take him until week 16 to bench William Gay in favor of another one of Cowher's washed up players in Townsend? We were all screaming for him to get canned by week 7.

That being said I believe our past draft was awesome. I'm very high on almost every single pick. I was talking on another forum how the only way it would have been better is if we would have picked up Tate in the 2nd even though this Emmanuel Sanders kid looks very good.

supa_fly_steeler
07-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Tomlin still has a lot to prove, in my eyes at least, which is why I think the Rooneys only extended him for 3 years. I can imagine the family is not too impressed with the lack of control of his team in the offseason. Losing a franchise quarterback that they invested $100 in for 4 games and a star receiver that they traded for a bag of beans probably infuriated them to no end.

Aside from Woodley, Timmons, Mendenhall, and Wallace, I can't personally say I'm too impressed with his (and moreso Colbert's) drafted players. Adding one good player in the rotation per year when your losing superstars left and right to suspension, FA, old age and injury is not going to cut it. I mean look at the list of drafted failures: Tony Hills, Matt Speath, Ryan McBean, Cameron Stephenson, Mike Humpal, Dennis Dixon (yes he sucks), Kraig Urbik, Frank Summers, Ryan Mundy, William Gay and my personal favorite, Limas Sweed. I will reemphasize the 2008 and 2009 Steelers drafts were two of the worst in their history. His FA acquisitions are pretty much a crapshoot too. Allen Rossum, Sean Mahan, Justin Hartwig, Carey Davis, McHugh and that corner from Indy who played wretched. Mewelde Moore was the best of the bunch but he is an average at 3rd down back. To top it off, he continues to start Cowher's washed up players like Tyrone Carter and Farrior. Those two alone cost us the playoffs last year. We saw how well Keyaran Fox played both in the Titans game, where he lead the team in tackles, and in the Vikings game where he had that return for a TD. Give the man a chance to start. Farrior whiffed on the same play on 4th down in THREE different games. And why did it take him until week 16 to bench William Gay in favor of another one of Cowher's washed up players in Townsend? We were all screaming for him to get canned by week 7.

That being said I believe our past draft was awesome. I'm very high on almost every single pick. I was talking on another forum how the only way it would have been better is if we would have picked up Tate in the 2nd even though this Emmanuel Sanders kid looks very good.

That was the a pile of bullshit, we havent seen Dixon, so shut the **** up, and Gay had a solid 2008 season, 2007 season and a dissapointing 2009 season so shut the **** up.

ike taylor had a worse season than gay so why not mention him???? huh go **** deshea townsend then.

Yeah And Like WHO THE **** WOULD WE START IF YOU THINK MUNDY (6TH ROUND) WAS A FALIURE BUT YOUR STARTING A WASHED UP PLAYER, GO LOOK AT THE ****ING DEPTH CHART. YOU BRAINLESS FOOL.

Every Single ****ing Fan ALWAYS ****ING MOANING. CRY CRY CRY YOU GUYS ARE ****ING WORSE THAN SEATTLE FANS, NOONE WILL EVER BE ****ING PLEASED WITH WHAT WE DO.

IT ALWAYS HAS TO ****ING BE

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

p.s. Yeah! Let's take off our defensive captain, then we have no defensive captain left, and Troy isn't a defensive captain, Farrior calls the plays BUT OH NOEESSSS WE CAN MOAN AT THAT AS WELL IF THAT DECISION WENT FORTH.

Yeah like Farrior is washed up, go **** yourself, maybe in 20 YEARS TIME you will see how imporant Farrior was to us this past decade.

May I suggest you support the Ravens, they are a young team.

scsteeler
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But explain to me how Tomlin is responsible for what each and every player does in the off season? Also how do your replace Cowhers washed up players in 1 year (Your words not mine) and still get the best players available in the draft.

DanRooney
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM
That was the a pile of bullshit, we havent seen Dixon, so shut the **** up, and Gay had a solid 2008 season, 2007 season and a dissapointing 2009 season so shut the **** up.

ike taylor had a worse season than gay so why not mention him???? huh go **** deshea townsend then.

Yeah And Like WHO THE **** WOULD WE START IF YOU THINK MUNDY (6TH ROUND) WAS A FALIURE BUT YOUR STARTING A WASHED UP PLAYER, GO LOOK AT THE ****ING DEPTH CHART. YOU BRAINLESS FOOL.

Every Single ****ing Fan ALWAYS ****ING MOANING. CRY CRY CRY YOU GUYS ARE ****ING WORSE THAN SEATTLE FANS, NOONE WILL EVER BE ****ING PLEASED WITH WHAT WE DO.

IT ALWAYS HAS TO ****ING BE

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

p.s. Yeah! Let's take off our defensive captain, then we have no defensive captain left, and Troy isn't a defensive captain, Farrior calls the plays BUT OH NOEESSSS WE CAN MOAN AT THAT AS WELL IF THAT DECISION WENT FORTH.

Yeah like Farrior is washed up, go **** yourself, maybe in 20 YEARS TIME you will see how imporant Farrior was to us this past decade.

May I suggest you support the Ravens, they are a young team.

Wow you come off as extremely intelligent in this post. I didn't know the Steelers had cheerleaders yet. I've been a Steelers fan since before you were born, kid. Just because you criticize players on your team doesn't mean you are no longer a fan of them. It takes intelligent fans to say what's wrong with your team. Obnoxious girls who never watched a games are the ones that can cheer for a team no matter what and be completely oblivious to what's really going on. Oh and try to type in coherent sentences next time and maybe you'll get some more credibility.
Haven't seen Dixon? Well you must have missed a MNF game where he started the whole night. He completed 46 percent of his passes and we struggled to do anything on offense.

Ike Taylor did not have a worse season than William Gay no matter what the stats say. If you watched the games you could see Gay getting schooled in every big pass play since Week 7. But I guess you're right, that's why we got McFadden back and he's taking Ike Taylor's place on the roster...oh wait no he's not.

Farrior even admitted himself he lost a step. But I guess he's wrong and you're right. I guess we're all wrong for him wiffing on the Bengals 3rd string RB on the same play on 4th down. Or how bout that 4th and 5 against Ray Rice that led to 40 yards that would have sealed the game? We should have him in rotation with Fox or in rotation with Foote this year.

You obviously don't know much about the Steelers. Sorry.

DanRooney
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But explain to me how Tomlin is responsible for what each and every player does in the off season? Also how do your replace Cowhers washed up players in 1 year (Your words not mine) and still get the best players available in the draft.

Gay should have been benched no later than week 10. I would have used a Townsend/Burnett rotation in his place. He was that wretched on the field. The same applies for Tyrone Carter. He reminded me of Anthony Smith back there against the Patriots.

As I said above, Farrior should have had a lot less reps, especially on 3rd down. It's apparent that he can't cover RBs in the flats anymore. He's too slow.

This season I would like to see Ziggy taking 30% of the snaps from Aaron Smith to keep him healthy for 16 games, Worilds/Gibson in a rotation (maybe 5-10% of the total snaps throughout the year, a series a game maybe by week 5) with Harrison so we won't see a drop off at the end of the season, Dwyer in short yardage situations, and Gay/Mundy/Frank Summers/Kraig Urbik off the roster completely,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to freak out like that retard up there.

scsteeler
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Gay should have been benched no later than week 10. I would have used a Townsend/Burnett rotation in his place. He was that wretched on the field. The same applies for Tyrone Carter. He reminded me of Anthony Smith back there against the Patriots.

As I said above, Farrior should have had a lot less reps, especially on 3rd down. It's apparent that he can't cover RBs in the flats anymore. He's too slow.

This season I would like to see Ziggy taking 30% of the snaps from Aaron Smith to keep him healthy for 16 games, Worilds/Gibson in a rotation (maybe 5-10% of the total snaps throughout the year, a series a game maybe by week 5) with Harrison so we won't see a drop off at the end of the season, Dwyer in short yardage situations, and Gay/Mundy/Frank Summers/Kraig Urbik off the roster completely,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to freak out like that retard up there.

Point well taken. not freaking out. I just trust the coaches know more than we do. Don't freak out on the other post about Dixon I am just trying to understand your views.

scsteeler
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Haven't seen Dixon? Well you must have missed a MNF game where he started the whole night. He completed 46 percent of his passes and we struggled to do anything on offense.

OK please tell me when have we been an offensive juggernaut against the Ravens in the past 4 years?

Ben has struggled each time we play that Defense and to say Dixon sucks because of that game is totally a bad assessment and actually supports the fact Dixon might be worth developing into a future QB. Please add all the facts for that game how Dixon learned he would be starting Friday before the game and no time to install a game plan or Reps as the starter for Dixon.

But again you are entitled to your opinion. :tt02:

LVSteelersfan
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I like Tomlin. His overall record speaks for itself. Those who bash him have no clue about someone being a player's coach. The only problem I have is that he is a defensive minded coach and his offensive coordinator gets no help from him especially in the red zone. Last year does not reflect on him as a bad coach. We lost some games we shouldn't have but we did not lose any games by a blowout. We were in every game until the end and the secondary without Troy back there blew chunks. Why Carter was even brought back last year still astounds me. But it is what it is. He is gone now.

DanRooney
07-14-2010, 02:37 PM

OK please tell me when have we been an offensive juggernaut against the Ravens in the past 4 years?

Ben has struggled each time we play that Defense and to say Dixon sucks because of that game is totally a bad assessment and actually supports the fact Dixon might be worth developing into a future QB. Please add all the facts for that game how Dixon learned he would be starting Friday before the game and no time to install a game plan or Reps as the starter for Dixon.

But again you are entitled to your opinion. :tt02:

Passing wise, a lot this past season. Dixon threw for a mediocre 140 yards. Ben threw for 259. If you say Ben struggled, Dixon played horrendous. I believe he had the 3rd worst completion percentage and had the was almost last in yards thrown (aside from Derek Anderson and Culpepper) against the Baltimore secondary. This is including QBs like Brodie Croyle and Kyle Orton.

And that fact about him not knowing he was going to start was malarkey. Ben was on the fence about playing the game early in the week and Tomlin and the coaching staff knew this. He just didn't get first team reps but there was a gameplan and we all saw it. Hand the ball off as much as possible to protect Dixon and only let him pass when he had to.

As for Dixon being a future QB to develop...I'd say theres a 70% chance he's not on the team next year. If Leftwich goes 3-1 or better, I'd increase those chances to 99%.

DanRooney
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
I like Tomlin. His overall record speaks for itself. Those who bash him have no clue about someone being a player's coach. The only problem I have is that he is a defensive minded coach and his offensive coordinator gets no help from him especially in the red zone. Last year does not reflect on him as a bad coach. We lost some games we shouldn't have but we did not lose any games by a blowout. We were in every game until the end and the secondary without Troy back there blew chunks. Why Carter was even brought back last year still astounds me. But it is what it is. He is gone now.

For a defensive minded coach and a former secondary coach...it surely didn't look good last year. :noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow you come off as extremely intelligent in this post. I didn't know the Steelers had cheerleaders yet. I've been a Steelers fan since before you were born, kid. Just because you criticize players on your team doesn't mean you are no longer a fan of them. It takes intelligent fans to say what's wrong with your team. Obnoxious girls who never watched a games are the ones that can cheer for a team no matter what and be completely oblivious to what's really going on. Oh and try to type in coherent sentences next time and maybe you'll get some more credibility.

Ike Taylor did not have a worse season than William Gay no matter what the stats say. If you watched the games you could see Gay getting schooled in every big pass play since Week 7. But I guess you're right, that's why we got McFadden back and he's taking Ike Taylor's place on the roster...oh wait no he's not.

Farrior even admitted himself he lost a step. But I guess he's wrong and you're right. I guess we're all wrong for him wiffing on the Bengals 3rd string RB on the same play on 4th down. Or how bout that 4th and 5 against Ray Rice that led to 40 yards that would have sealed the game? We should have him in rotation with Fox or in rotation with Foote this year.

You obviously don't know much about the Steelers. Sorry.

I really don't give a shit if you were born before me.

Ike Taylor gave up far more yardage, at least 200 yards' worth. and last time i looked McFadden is the starting corner going into the season, Yes Farrior has lost a step, and I'm Not retarded to replace him with keyaron fox, because then we dont have noone to pay calls.

And lawrence timmons should of been covering ray rice. Ray Rice against an older style linebacker these days is a huge mismatch.

And no i'm not a cheerleader, although I do **** them.

scsteeler
07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=DanRooney;830815]Passing wise, a lot this past season. Dixon threw for a mediocre 140 yards. Ben threw for 259. If you say Ben struggled, Dixon played horrendous. I believe he had the 3rd worst completion percentage and had the was almost last in yards thrown (aside from Derek Anderson and Culpepper) against the Baltimore secondary. This is including QBs like Brodie Croyle and Kyle Orton.

Of these QB's you have listed how many of them was it their first game ever playing and have you looked at stat's of Aikman and even Peyton's first game actually playing. I just think Dixon is being held to standard that other QB's are not and also Dixon was not brought in and told you are the Guy. I am not saying he is the next great QB! I am saying he deserves a chance to play at least more than 1 game with preparation as the starter before you toss him away as a bust.

supa_fly_steeler
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=DanRooney;830815]Passing wise, a lot this past season. Dixon threw for a mediocre 140 yards. Ben threw for 259. If you say Ben struggled, Dixon played horrendous. I believe he had the 3rd worst completion percentage and had the was almost last in yards thrown (aside from Derek Anderson and Culpepper) against the Baltimore secondary. This is including QBs like Brodie Croyle and Kyle Orton.

Of these QB's you have listed how many of them was it their first game ever playing and have you looked at stat's of Aikman and even Peyton's first game actually playing. I just think Dixon is being held to standard that other QB's are not and also Dixon was not brought in and told you are the Guy. I am not saying he is the next great QB! I am saying he deserves a chance to play at least more than 1 game with preparation as the starter before you toss him away as a bust.

Hey man just ignore "danrooney" he's a fool and obviously a Dixon hater.

scsteeler
07-14-2010, 03:38 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

DanRooney
07-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I really don't give a shit if you were born before me.

Ike Taylor gave up far more yardage, at least 200 yards' worth. and last time i looked McFadden is the starting corner going into the season, Yes Farrior has lost a step, and I'm Not retarded to replace him with keyaron fox, because then we dont have noone to pay calls.

And lawrence timmons should of been covering ray rice. Ray Rice against an older style linebacker these days is a huge mismatch.

And no i'm not a cheerleader, although I do **** them.

Exactly so why isn't McFadden replacing Ike? Because like I said, William Gay is piss vomit.

And you're damn right Lawrence Timmons should have been covering Ray Rice but Farrior can't even cover Brian Leonard anymore so that's a rhetorical statement.

supa_fly_steeler
07-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Exactly so why isn't McFadden replacing Ike? Because like I said, William Gay is piss vomit.

And you're damn right Lawrence Timmons should have been covering Ray Rice but Farrior can't even cover Brian Leonard anymore so that's a rhetorical statement.

McFadden has repalced Ike as #1, Ike is now #2, but knowing Ike he will take the #1 back by the time the season starts.

Gay isn't piss vomit, Are you forgetting he sealed the game back in 2008 against the Ratbirds, Infact his play gave us the division.

DanRooney
07-14-2010, 06:16 PM
McFadden has repalced Ike as #1, Ike is now #2, but knowing Ike he will take the #1 back by the time the season starts.

Gay isn't piss vomit, Are you forgetting he sealed the game back in 2008 against the Ratbirds, Infact his play gave us the division.

McFadden is not the #1 corner. I don't know where you have been hearing that from.

And Gay is garbage. He can't cover anyone.

mikegrimey
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I think what a lot of people are forgetting with Gay is that at the CB position, mental fortitude is a must, and Gay lacks that. He isn't as bad as some people portray him, he was actually solid as McFadden's sub/backup in the 08 season. However, as 2009 wore on and he became the obvious coverage guy to pick on, coupled with the fact that no team feared throwing on us without Troy (we just coudln't generate as many turnovers) Gay just broke down and never got his swagger back. He still probably has some value as a sub-in nickel package kind of guy. If he plays solid on a few reps he may get his mind back where it needs to be and become a good contributor. While a lot of the talk about last season seems to pin the blame for bad pass coverage all on him, we have to remember there were a lot of culprits exposed via Troy's abscence. *cough* ryan clark*, exposed. Tyrone Carter, not really exposed but his limitations as a player became that much more obvious, and even Ike Taylor, who is one of our most dependable defenders, seemed to fall apart.
I'm not saying Gay didn't do his part in the breakdown or that he didn't get torched a bunch of times, but I still think he can be a solid contributor if Burnett and Lewis don't pan out (no evidence in their first year that either of them will).

DanRooney
07-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I think what a lot of people are forgetting with Gay is that at the CB position, mental fortitude is a must, and Gay lacks that. He isn't as bad as some people portray him, he was actually solid as McFadden's sub/backup in the 08 season. However, as 2009 wore on and he became the obvious coverage guy to pick on, coupled with the fact that no team feared throwing on us without Troy (we just coudln't generate as many turnovers) Gay just broke down and never got his swagger back. He still probably has some value as a sub-in nickel package kind of guy. If he plays solid on a few reps he may get his mind back where it needs to be and become a good contributor. While a lot of the talk about last season seems to pin the blame for bad pass coverage all on him, we have to remember there were a lot of culprits exposed via Troy's abscence. *cough* ryan clark*, exposed. Tyrone Carter, not really exposed but his limitations as a player became that much more obvious, and even Ike Taylor, who is one of our most dependable defenders, seemed to fall apart.
I'm not saying Gay didn't do his part in the breakdown or that he didn't get torched a bunch of times, but I still think he can be a solid contributor if Burnett and Lewis don't pan out (no evidence in their first year that either of them will).

Oh no don't even get me started on Tyrone Carter. He was abyssal in every game outside of the Broncos game (where he took over for Ryan Clark...not surprisingly Troy was playing). Ryan Clark is ok when he can roam around looking to blast someone in the backfield but in terms of coverage, he is pretty bad. The whole secondary needs a revamp. I hope they draft Rahim Moore or a stud corner.

mikegrimey
07-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Oh no don't even get me started on Tyrone Carter. He was abyssal in every game outside of the Broncos game (where he took over for Ryan Clark...not surprisingly Troy was playing). Ryan Clark is ok when he can roam around looking to blast someone in the backfield but in terms of coverage, he is pretty bad. The whole secondary needs a revamp. I hope they draft Rahim Moore or a stud corner.

Carter was atroscious last year, like you said, the only game where he didn't disgrace the defense was when he was partnering in the backfield with Troy (suprise suprise, like we all havent guessed the recurring theme here---our secondary gets exponentially better with the presence Troy P). I've rambled on for a while about how his play last year was horrible, only amplified by the fact that he would do the "douche-bag shimmy" everytime he hit a guy or sort-of defended a pass. You know what i'm talking about, that stupid shoulder shake boastful type of nonsense.
Ike may have been our only DB to look decent without Troy. Not that he didn't have his slip ups (predictably dropping INTs and whatever happened with Louis Murphy against the Raiders) but he was good compared to the rest.

supa_fly_steeler
07-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Carter was atroscious last year, like you said, the only game where he didn't disgrace the defense was when he was partnering in the backfield with Troy (suprise suprise, like we all havent guessed the recurring theme here---our secondary gets exponentially better with the presence Troy P). I've rambled on for a while about how his play last year was horrible, only amplified by the fact that he would do the "douche-bag shimmy" everytime he hit a guy or sort-of defended a pass. You know what i'm talking about, that stupid shoulder shake boastful type of nonsense.
Ike may have been our only DB to look decent without Troy. Not that he didn't have his slip ups (predictably dropping INTs and whatever happened with Louis Murphy against the Raiders) but he was good compared to the rest.

That's laughable, Ike Taylor played like shit, when qb's threw his way they had a 90+ qb rating.

Hardly "good"