PDA

View Full Version : Rumors fly of new Roethlisberger golf course incident

stairway27
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Has anyone heard any news on this?

Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2010 11:19 AM ET
We've received multiple e-mails over the past two days from folks sharing rumors of a new incident involving Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and a body part other than his heart.

As the rumor goes (and it's spreading quickly), Roethlisberger was golfing in Columbus, Ohio, and he urinated on the course. Though it's not an uncommon event (I guess I can admit to it now since I haven't golfed in at least 14 years, which likely exceeds all applicable statutes of limitation), the complicating factor in this case arose from the fact (supposedly) that a woman witnessed the incident, that she complained about it, and that she now wants to press charges.

We've temporarily donned our journalism fedora (it even has a card sticking out of the ribbon that says "PRESS"), and we've learned from a source close to Roethlisberger that he was indeed golfing in Columbus, Ohio but that another member of his foursome peed under a tree, prompting a complaint from a woman.

Per the source, Roethlisberger got involved and helped to calm the woman down. (Hopefully, not with shots.)

So while, for now, it appears that Roethlisberger won't have to whip out the uromysitisis poisoning defense in order to avoid further scrutiny from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben may not be out of the woods. Just like the Mike Vick bang-bang birthday party, the incident can attract the kind of scrutiny that potentially leads to information prompting further punishment from Goodell -- or, possibly, a decision not to reduce Roethlisberger's suspension from six games to four.

scsteeler
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
OK if this rumor is true God help us all if we have to piss really bad and a rest room is not readily available and you just got to go.

:doh::doh::doh:

Riddle_Of_Steel
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Just like the Mike Vick bang-bang birthday party, the incident can attract the kind of scrutiny that potentially leads to information prompting further punishment from Goodell -- or, possibly, a decision not to reduce Roethlisberger's suspension from six games to four.

I don't see how Goodell could justify such action, especially if Ben was not the one wizzing under the tree. Ben's situation is completely different from Vick's-- Vick was hanging out at da club with his homies who he is not supposed to have any contact with, as per the court (one of those homies was a co-defendent from the dog fighting ring). Ben was golfing and not hanging out in a club, drunk off his azz and in kahoots with a bunch of drunken women, tempting fate like Vick did.

supa_fly_steeler
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
HAHA Ben AT IT AGAIN!

steelerohio
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't see how Goodell could justify such action, especially if Ben was not the one wizzing under the tree. Ben's situation is completely different from Vick's-- Vick was hanging out at da club with his homies who he is not supposed to have any contact with, as per the court (one of those homies was a co-defendent from the dog fighting ring). Ben was golfing and not hanging out in a club, drunk off his azz and in kahoots with a bunch of drunken women, tempting fate like Vick did.

I totally agree with this. These are two very different scenarios and so Goodell should leave this alone.

Whew... i can breathe easy now.

OX1947
07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
So, was there a rabbit in the area looking at his schlong, thinking he was making a pass at it and then went and complained to the Pro Shop about how Big Ben was showing his little Ben how much he wanted to have his carrot dangled in front of it?