PDA

View Full Version : Legends Flag football game

Stillers#1
02-12-2006, 02:13 PM
It was pretty cool to see those guys go out and play just to have fun.

I did notice two things that caught my attention though, the two Raider snubs.

Marcus Allen was wearing a Chiefs jersey, I actually thought this was kind of weird.

Rod Woodson, even though it didn't suprise me at all, was wearing his old Steelers jersey. I haven't seen that in forever, kind of took me back a little bit. I wish he would bring back Woodson's All Star Grill, I loved that place, they had the best steak salads.

Oh and I dont know if anyone else noticed, but Larry Brown also played in the flag football game. Is he a legend? I certainly think I may be biased (you would think Neil O'donnell would have been invited as the man who made Brown's career) but I don't think he is a legend at all.

boLT fan
02-12-2006, 02:37 PM
It was pretty cool to watch Rod Woodson play after watching him NFL Total Access everyday. He did good except for that one play he missed the flag and let Marcus Allen go in for the TD :sofunny:

BlackNGold203
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Marcus Allen in Chiefs gear huh???

I wonder if theres a riff there between him and the Oakland organization...

Brady12
02-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Andre Rison was playing, he plays up here in Canada with toronto.

But yeah, it was a good game.

tony hipchest
02-12-2006, 03:38 PM
r. woodson has stated on the nfl network that he will go into the hall of fame as a steeler. m. allen left the raiders on really bad terms and i wouldnt be suprised if he goes into the hall as a cheif but i dont know if he has come out and said or not.

boLT fan
02-12-2006, 04:45 PM
r. woodson has stated on the nfl network that he will go into the hall of fame as a steeler. m. allen left the raiders on really bad terms and i wouldnt be suprised if he goes into the hall as a cheif but i dont know if he has come out and said or not.

Anyone could've guessed Woodson would go as a Steelers. He is, afterall, known as Mr. Steeler on most TV shows.

Tha rock
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
rod always lied the steelers and as for tim he owre his jersey and left on bad terms, marcus is just bieng a poor sport he will always be known as a raider!!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Gotta love Rod.

Suitanim
02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
I thought Irving Fryar wearing an Eagles jersey was odd...he played like 9-10 years with the Pats, and only a few with the Eagles and Dolphins.

pitt
02-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Rod is one of my all time favorites. It was fun to see him play again.

drizze99
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
I thought Irving Fryar wearing an Eagles jersey was odd...he played like 9-10 years with the Pats, and only a few with the Eagles and Dolphins.

Nah, he is loved around here (I live near Philly) and he works as a sports analyst for the ABC affiliate (part time).

Mamaduck43
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Rod was great - - when he was introduced, a gang of terrible towels started waving in the stands (lots of military folks were there) and the announcer commented on it - - of course, that didn't make the show.... The guys were having a blast!!!!

It was great to see Rod in Black and Gold.....

daleemnm
02-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Elway still has a pretty good arm...

Mamaduck43
02-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Elway still has a pretty good arm...

He was great - - - he did have a good sized knee/leg brace on his left leg - - that didn't show up on TV that much, and when he was out of the action, he did have a noticable limp....

It was a hard pill to swallow, to see Larry Brown out there, though.... He did drop one ball, and I had the people sitting around me laughing when I muttered, "I guess he can only catch O'Donnell passes!!!"