PDA

View Full Version : Not Pitt style, but... T.O.?

Busforever
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I just read this interesting article from Pat Kirwan about contract possibilities with T.O. And i was wondering what our offense would look like with T.O.? Ward/T.O. would be a productive starting duo, and we could maintain Mike Wallace in the role he excelled last year. We could use T.O. to replace Santonio Holmes on our 3WR package, so Ward could work in the slot with solid guys on the sides.

I know, troubles followed with him in Frisco and Philly, and we don't need another distraction this season. But he was quiet in Buffalo... maybe he matured a little bit, especialy seeing no team wants to sign him... Anyway, i don't believe we'll sign him, but just imagine.

Oh, the article about contract posibilities (i don't know if a player would accept those kind of clauses, without any guaranty)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81922c39/article/want-to-roll-the-dice-on-to-this-contract-proposal-could-work

mikegrimey
07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
But that we could send this thread and it's idea into internet purgatory forever, I wouldn't waste a moment.

Commmeeeee ooonnnnnnn, I know we're at that odd part of the year right before training camp and preseason where there's really little of substance to talk about but----as far as prospective additions to the team go this is pretty low.

supa_fly_steeler
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
No thanks, I want to see what Emmanuel Sanders has to offer.

mikegrimey
07-15-2010, 09:21 PM
fvck emmanuel sanders
I'd want to see what Hank Baskett has to offer before wasting time with TO.

scsteeler
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
T.O. Hmmmmmmmmmmm No and No and No.

NEXT

DanRooney
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
No thanks, I want to see what Emmanuel Sanders has to offer.

Me too but unfortunately our coach is soft and will have the mediocre Antwann What the Hell Randle El at #3 receiver no matter how good Emmanuel Sanders looks at camp or in preseason :coffee:

Merchant
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Don't sleep on Antonio Brown either.. that dude got some talent

BrandonCarr39
07-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I was never a TO fan, but he wasn't as bad as was reported here in Dallas - all of this he hating Jason Witten, he getting Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton to conspire against Jason Garrett, he running bad routes, and alot of other junk was nothing but 3rd party he said/she said rumors(no matter how much they were "reported" at nauseum). From what I saw during the games, he, Witten, Garrett, and Romo got along just fine. Even Wade Phillips had nice things to say about him when all was said and done(unlike Parcells, I've always found Wade to be an honest, stand-up guy - not that I found anything wrong with Parcells' cold and calculating demeanor).

Also - our Dec meltdowns(outside of 2009) had nothing to do with his so-called "antics". We never played well in Dec because either the players themselves were not disciplined enough and/or the coaches(regardless of Parcells or Phillips) didn't do their jobs. Although somehow, the media and fans tried to pin it on TO from 2006-2008(in particular 2008) when there were many other goats like Terrence Newman, our safeties, defensive personnel missing assignments, poor OL play, Jason Garrett over-thinking himself, the whole 9 yards.

With that being said - as a PLAYER, TO is a bit overrated, and overhyped. He creates alot of havoc in open space, but he has problems with press coverage. Other than that, I never really found him that bad of a guy.

mikegrimey
07-16-2010, 12:29 AM
I was never a TO fan, but he wasn't as bad as was reported here in Dallas - all of this he hating Jason Witten, he getting Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton to conspire against Jason Garrett, he running bad routes, and alot of other junk was nothing but 3rd party he said/she said rumors(no matter how much they were "reported" at nauseum). From what I saw during the games, he, Witten, Garrett, and Romo got along just fine. Even Wade Phillips had nice things to say about him when all was said and done(unlike Parcells, I've always found Wade to be an honest, stand-up guy - not that I found anything wrong with Parcells' cold and calculating demeanor).

Also - our Dec meltdowns(outside of 2009) had nothing to do with his so-called "antics". We never played well in Dec because either the players themselves were not disciplined enough and/or the coaches(regardless of Parcells or Phillips) didn't do their jobs. Although somehow, the media and fans tried to pin it on TO from 2006-2008(in particular 2008) when there were many other goats like Terrence Newman, our safeties, defensive personnel missing assignments, poor OL play, Jason Garrett over-thinking himself, the whole 9 yards.

With that being said - as a PLAYER, TO is a bit overrated, and overhyped. He creates alot of havoc in open space, but he has problems with press coverage. Other than that, I never really found him that bad of a guy.

So how do you explain his compalining and moaning after a week 3 loss to the redskins in 2008? I remember he said something alone the lines of "they should have got the ball to me more" and an analyst added up the numbers to find out that 40% of the plays the cowboys ran were passes to TO, he caught less than half of the passes thrown his way.

Nobody ever questions his committment to the game or work ethics, which are both outstanding, hence why he is usually liked on whatever team he plays for. He's a tremendous athlete, probably the most physical WR in the league, although he does tend to drop passes, he has no problem getting open and imposing his way physically on defenses.

That said, accusing Tony Romo and Jason Wittesn of drawing up plays in their hotel together during road trips is pretty damn childish. He was worried that he wasn't going to be that "go to guy" in tight situations anymore and let his insecurities out for all to hear.
Or flipping his wig on his then QB Donovan McNabb during a blowout loss to the Steelers in 2004. That's ridiculous. One could site countless other deragatory or undermining remarks he made about McNabb in his short tenure with the team
Or accusing his then QB of being a homosexual, amongst other things with the 49ers. All of this stuff is not made up, not 3rd party hear-say, like TO would have you believe.

The media is not responsible for his character being under scrutiny. They have taken the ball and run with it, undoubtedly, and played up every angle they could, because that is the perverted nature of the media, but TO was the one supplying the quotes.

He's a drama queen, a prostitute with talent. There is no other explanation for his conspiracy theories and undermining comments.

How you can not at least, in some part, contribute Dallas's late season meltdowns on TO is baffling to me. Last year your boys looked quite good in December, until their oline got demolished against the vikings and the bottom fell out from your defense. You think in earnest the boys could have beaten the undefeated Saints with TO complaining about not seeing enough passes a game or accusing Jason Witten of trying to steal the spotlight from him?

I've said it before and I'll say it once more,
There's a reason TO has alreayd gone through 4 teams in his NFL career, and it's not for a lack of abilities.
He's easily one of the greatest WR of any time period. A talent like his should have never left his first team, or at least his second (if the first team let him get away or didn't dangle enough money). TO, the talent, is the kind of guy you want to always be on your team, like Larry Fitzgerald. Yet, he's been through 4 teams and will probably be 5 by September. Such travelling should be for adequate WRs who are needed in a pinch at the 3 or 4 spot on the depth chart. Not a could have been hall of famer like Owens.

It's his character and undermining history that keeps him moving. You could have argued that he didn't get a fair shake if he had stopped moving after San Fransisco---MAYBE even after the Eagles torpedoed him---yet after Dallas, there's no denying it. The guy is a problem. Jerry Jones buffonishly welcomed TO with a massive bucket of popcorn and relished in media attention and antics, but ended up regretting it later, when he dumped TO in a way that contrasted greatly with the way he welcomed him.

SteelCurtain0815
07-16-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm not going to throw you under the bus for bringing this up. ESPN just said that we are the best fit for TO. I wouldn't mind bringing him in and giving him a shot. The guy is a freak and given a good QB, he could perhaps get back to his old ways with the 9ers and Eagles. I hate the E.Sanders pick and could care less if he ever sees the field. However, I think Antonio Brown has a shot to be a good player on this team. TO could bring some much needed fire and swag to this team as well. Just my two cents.

Busforever
07-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I know, just another "sport fiction" topic, considering T.O. antics...
For the character issues, i don't see him yelling at Big Ben like he did with McNabb, Romo or Garcia. There's a big difference: Big Ben's got 2 Superbowl rings. T.O.'s got no one, as his previous QB. I think it would make a difference on his way to approach the team.

SqhillSteeler
07-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Your all foolish. Emmanuel and AB are the future of our WR corps. Hines is retireing soon, and Randel El is a short term fix. No to TO. Just wait until Emmanuel hits the field, dude can ball. Mark my words on this one.

supa_fly_steeler
07-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I hate the E.Sanders pick and could care less if he ever sees the field..

I couldn't care less if you were anally raped with a crowbar

BrandonCarr39
07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
So how do you explain his compalining and moaning after a week 3 loss to the redskins in 2008? I remember he said something alone the lines of "they should have got the ball to me more" and an analyst added up the numbers to find out that 40% of the plays the cowboys ran were passes to TO, he caught less than half of the passes thrown his way.

Nobody ever questions his committment to the game or work ethics, which are both outstanding, hence why he is usually liked on whatever team he plays for. He's a tremendous athlete, probably the most physical WR in the league, although he does tend to drop passes, he has no problem getting open and imposing his way physically on defenses.

That said, accusing Tony Romo and Jason Wittesn of drawing up plays in their hotel together during road trips is pretty damn childish. He was worried that he wasn't going to be that "go to guy" in tight situations anymore and let his insecurities out for all to hear.
Or flipping his wig on his then QB Donovan McNabb during a blowout loss to the Steelers in 2004. That's ridiculous. One could site countless other deragatory or undermining remarks he made about McNabb in his short tenure with the team
Or accusing his then QB of being a homosexual, amongst other things with the 49ers. All of this stuff is not made up, not 3rd party hear-say, like TO would have you believe.

The media is not responsible for his character being under scrutiny. They have taken the ball and run with it, undoubtedly, and played up every angle they could, because that is the perverted nature of the media, but TO was the one supplying the quotes.

He's a drama queen, a prostitute with talent. There is no other explanation for his conspiracy theories and undermining comments.

How you can not at least, in some part, contribute Dallas's late season meltdowns on TO is baffling to me. Last year your boys looked quite good in December, until their oline got demolished against the vikings and the bottom fell out from your defense. You think in earnest the boys could have beaten the undefeated Saints with TO complaining about not seeing enough passes a game or accusing Jason Witten of trying to steal the spotlight from him?

I've said it before and I'll say it once more,
There's a reason TO has alreayd gone through 4 teams in his NFL career, and it's not for a lack of abilities.
He's easily one of the greatest WR of any time period. A talent like his should have never left his first team, or at least his second (if the first team let him get away or didn't dangle enough money). TO, the talent, is the kind of guy you want to always be on your team, like Larry Fitzgerald. Yet, he's been through 4 teams and will probably be 5 by September. Such travelling should be for adequate WRs who are needed in a pinch at the 3 or 4 spot on the depth chart. Not a could have been hall of famer like Owens.

It's his character and undermining history that keeps him moving. You could have argued that he didn't get a fair shake if he had stopped moving after San Fransisco---MAYBE even after the Eagles torpedoed him---yet after Dallas, there's no denying it. The guy is a problem. Jerry Jones buffonishly welcomed TO with a massive bucket of popcorn and relished in media attention and antics, but ended up regretting it later, when he dumped TO in a way that contrasted greatly with the way he welcomed him.

Like said, I'm not going to deny his bad character he brings to the table - but my point was that there were many other factors that contributed to the 2008 meltdown.

Last year, yes we were quite good with few distractions down the stretch, but at the same time, we were HEALTHY, which was why we made a great late season run for a change. The year before, our top 2 RBs(Barber and Felix) were gone/hurt the entire month of Dec. We were down to our 3rd string LG after Kyle Kosier and Holland went down(Corey Proctor is one of the worst of the worst). Terrence Newman, our 2nd best defensive player behind Ware, wasn't 100% all year after a bad groin injury in TC. We had injuries at safety - while Roy Williams is the worst coverage safety in the NFL, when he went down in wk2, our run D took a pretty big hit because we missed his run support D. Kosier's loss in particular was huge b/c he's our best run blocker - without him for all but 2 games, we were forced to air it out more times than not.

And IMHO, the whole Pacman saga over poking his head in places he had no business was the big turning point in our season. We were 4-1 going into a big game @Arizona, and him getting into trouble just created distractions all week leading up to the game. It was a mere OT loss, yes - but the Dallas players and coaches just made so many mental errors you can poke holes through. From missed assignments on both sides of the balls to a bunch of penalties, and then Romo broke his pinky and our Pro Bowl P McBriar was lost for the year thanks to these blown assignments.

But then going to the 2009, it was contrary - we were healthy(and didn't have any Pacmans on our team either). Health was also the reason why the Giants won the Super Bowl in 2007, and in 2006 and last year, they were a mere 8-8 b/c they had too many injuries.

But yeah - I didn't mean to say TO's distractions are meaningless et al, but just putting other things into perspective. 2008 was a nightmare season overall for us - when it came down to the wk17 @Philly game, both I and my friends watching the game just started laughing at every blunder that went on in the 44-6 loss.

BrandonCarr39
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Another thing - don't be surprised if TO, Brian Westbrook, and their other former Eagles buddy Shawn Andrews joins their former buddy McNabb in Washington.

Last I heard, McNabb has also been lobbying for his former security blanket Westbrook to join them.

SteelCurtain0815
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I couldn't care less if you were anally raped with a crowbar

Intelligent post queer. That pick was garbage and everyone will know it soon. Sanders won't amount to sh*t. On the other hand, Antonio Brown has got the potential to be a beast.

mikegrimey
07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Another thing - don't be surprised if TO, Brian Westbrook, and their other former Eagles buddy Shawn Andrews joins their former buddy McNabb in Washington.

Last I heard, McNabb has also been lobbying for his former security blanket Westbrook to join them.

I just read an article on NFL.com where Shanahan said he doesn't want TO and expressed that clearly to his GM and owner.
I wouldn't be suprised by Westbrook though, the Redskins RBs are old broken down and injury prone. Westbrook would fit right in.

BrandonCarr39
07-16-2010, 04:55 PM
I just read an article on NFL.com where Shanahan said he doesn't want TO and expressed that clearly to his GM and owner.
I wouldn't be suprised by Westbrook though, the Redskins RBs are old broken down and injury prone. Westbrook would fit right in.

Even despite his history of being injury-prone, Westbrook can still be a good part-time 3rd down player where you can dump it off to him, or he can protect against blitzes.

There are quite a few good players out there, it seems, that have yet to find jobs - maybe Shawn Andrews' back is really that bad, but you can't deny he emerged as one of the premiere OLmen in the league. He would be good for at least a year wherever he goes.

I'm thinking TO will go to the Titans - he and Jeff Fisher are long-time good friends, and the Titans have alot of vets in their locker room. TO should be OK for at least a year there, plus TN is a small market, so it's not like any of his chirping will generate much buzz anyways.

Merchant
07-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Lol wow... Portis, Parker, Johnson, and Westbrook all in the same backfield? Wtf

supa_fly_steeler
07-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Intelligent post queer. That pick was garbage and everyone will know it soon. Sanders won't amount to sh*t. On the other hand, Antonio Brown has got the potential to be a beast.

Your calling me gay? Do you want me to attach vidoes of me having sex with girls.

How should we do it, Should I have a foursome after playing strip poker or what, whatever your fetish is I can deliver, knowing you you would probably skip to the end when i layeth the smackdown on dem hoes.

SteelCurtain0815
07-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Your calling me gay? Do you want me to attach vidoes of me having sex with girls.

How should we do it, Should I have a foursome after playing strip poker or what, whatever your fetish is I can deliver, knowing you you would probably skip to the end when i layeth the smackdown on dem hoes.

You stupid bra. The end.

steeltheone
07-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Your all foolish. Emmanuel and AB are the future of our WR corps. Hines is retireing soon, and Randel El is a short term fix. No to TO. Just wait until Emmanuel hits the field, dude can ball. Mark my words on this one.

So were Troy Edwards, Dallas Baker,Limas Sweed

CanadianSteel
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
One advantage with T.O is he would be a welcome media distraction away from all the Ben BS stuff :>D

shinoff2183
07-20-2010, 02:04 AM
One advantage with T.O is he would be a welcome media distraction away from all the Ben BS stuff :>D

Good point. I honestly wouldnt mind it. Hines would get open and wallace would def get open. I really like the idea. Last year he aint do much mouthing up in buffalo, I think if he was like he was in buf that really could help us.

I know some of you wont like it, but its just my opinion.

Steeldude
07-20-2010, 08:01 AM
how are there still steelers' fans out there that think owens would be a good addition to the team? he is a cancer, plain and simple. why would anyone want this?:doh:

SteelCurtain0815
07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
As a player, he would benefit our team greatly. We all know what TO can be on the field. His off field issues are definitely the thing that is holding him back. I think he has matured though. My evidence being last year with Buffalo. I can't recall of TO's name being brought up negatively in the media. TO just wants to win and he would put himself in a great situation coming to the Burgh. I know there will only be few of us, but I wouldn't mind seeing TO in the black and gold.

mikegrimey
07-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Yea, TO really matured in buffalo. :doh:

Maybe he just realized that his mouth is what got him to Buffalo and that he had better keep quiet for a year and pocket his 6 mil while only catching 55 passes.

Is he really so far removed from accusing Jason Witten and Tony Romo of staying up late and drawing up plays in their hotel room together? Plays that would exclude him?

I think not.

TO is a talented prostitute, if he goes back to the spotlight he will regress and start throwing tantrums again and undermining his leaders. It doesn't take a psycology major to know that his "good" behavior in buffalo was just his usual antics suppressed because he knew it was his last chance.

The Steelers don't need him---Ben doesn't need him, Tomlin doesn't need him, Hines Ward sure as shite doesn't need him. Thank goodness all of you wanting TO are just fans and not running the franchise.

Steeldude
07-21-2010, 01:51 AM
As a player, he would benefit our team greatly. We all know what TO can be on the field. His off field issues are definitely the thing that is holding him back. I think he has matured though. My evidence being last year with Buffalo. I can't recall of TO's name being brought up negatively in the media. TO just wants to win and he would put himself in a great situation coming to the Burgh. I know there will only be few of us, but I wouldn't mind seeing TO in the black and gold.

owens is nothing on the field. he drops more passes than holmes. a cancer does not benefit a team.

what are you basing his maturity on? owens knew he had to keep his mouth shut last year. besides, what could he say? he knew the bills sucked coming in.

TO just wants to win

no, owens wants to be the center of attention and be paid big bucks while doing it. if he wanted to win then he would do what he was told and shut his mouth. the guy was thrown to 109 times last year and he came out with 54 of them to go along with 10 drops. don't you find it odd that the bills didn't bother re-signing him? no one is beating down his door.

mikegrimey
07-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Yea I've heard all of those excuses for TO before

If he really just wanted to win, he wouldn't insecurely accuse Romo and Witten of conspiring against him---he would just be glad that somebody caught that big 3rd down or 4th pass and that they won.

I know Hines isn't a receiver with the statistical magnitutde of TO, but he had been our main go to guy for years, and he didn't pull a TO or Anquan Boldin when Holmes emerged as a hero during the superbowl---in fact, I think Hines was the first guy, torn ACL and all, to jump on top of Holmes after he scored the touchdown.

THAT's the kind of attitude to have---not the Boldin sulk or the TO belittling style.

stb_steeler
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm not going to throw you under the bus for bringing this up. ESPN just said that we are the best fit for TO. I wouldn't mind bringing him in and giving him a shot. The guy is a freak and given a good QB, he could perhaps get back to his old ways with the 9ers and Eagles. I hate the E.Sanders pick and could care less if he ever sees the field. However, I think Antonio Brown has a shot to be a good player on this team. TO could bring some much needed fire and swag to this team as well. Just my two cents.

He'll bring more than fire an swag....The term locker room cancer rings a bell !!!. We dont need it, this team has plenty of talent. TO can team up with Ocho-Stinko on his dating reality b u l l s h i t show.

scsteeler
07-22-2010, 10:42 PM
He'll bring more than fire an swag....The term locker room cancer rings a bell !!!. We dont need it, this team has plenty of talent. TO can team up with Ocho-Stinko on his dating reality b u l l s h i t show.

Yes TO is not a fit in Steel City not now or ever. :tt04: